Profile for Robert Ainsworth > Reviews

Content by Robert Ainsworth

Robert Ainsworth (Manchester UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stratocaster style tortoiseshell pickguard guitar scratch plate pick guard scratchplate
Offered by Janikas Music Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Strat pickguard, 18 May 2017
Very good item arrived quickly and fits my Strat perfectly. Looks a little rough round the edge, hence the deduction of one star but isn't noticeable much now it's on.

Better Late Than Never
Better Late Than Never

5.0 out of 5 stars Anderson Ponty Band, 19 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Better Late Than Never (Audio CD)
Some people have complained about the different treatments of some of Anderson's old songs. I thought they were a nice change; after all we have heard the originals over many years. I also found it interesting to have a violin featured as a lead instrument in its own right. Jon's voice seems as pure as ever, he never seems to age musically. The DVD shows live versions of many of the songs on the CD. Yes I am a biased Anderson fan but the Ponty band certainly kicks behind Jon. Great value.

The Wrecking Crew [DVD] [NTSC]
The Wrecking Crew [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Various Artists

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wrecking Crew, 19 Mar. 2017
Excellent. As a musician myself and having lots of 60s/70s albums by various US west coast bands and groups, I found it fascinating to learn more about the background to some of those marvellous recordings. What unsung stars those musicians were - no, are!

AXL Badwater Electric Bass, Crackle Brown
AXL Badwater Electric Bass, Crackle Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars AXL Badwater bass, 25 Jan. 2017
I acquired one of these maybe 4 years ago from a music shop closing down. I had a guitar tech change the strings and check it over. I love it, it looks different and the variety of sounds from the Fender Jazz bass style pickups is great. In fact, I often prefer this to my Fender Precision for sound and generally prefer this for recording! One of the best buys I have made.
I obviously can't comment on the other reviewer's experience with a delivered one ( I agree they can be hit and miss out of the box) but I am very pleased with mine.

Roland XP-10 XP10 Power Supply PSU Replacement Adapter UK 9V DC 1A
Roland XP-10 XP10 Power Supply PSU Replacement Adapter UK 9V DC 1A
Offered by PSUExpress

Doers the job.

GOOD LEAD 12V Mains KORG X5 X5D KEYBOARD AC Adapter Power Supply Charger Plug - UK SELLER
Offered by acAdapterShop

Does the job.

Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)
Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)

Just excellent.

Behringer CS400 Compressor/Sustainer Effects Pedal
Behringer CS400 Compressor/Sustainer Effects Pedal

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 9 April 2016
For the price the pedal is fine. It's plastic rather than metal but it would take a heavy stamp to break it! It is a slightly different size to other pedals I have as far as connection goes but not a big problem. All in all it does the job well.

Alesis Q49 Controller MIDI with 49 Velocity Sensitive Keys, Pitch, Modulation Wheels and Controls with Ableton Live Lite

5.0 out of 5 stars Service from the seller very good since I ordered the wrong on initially and after ..., 19 Oct. 2015
As expected the keyboard is ideal for what my daughter needs. Minor observation - the volume does not seem to be very high but manageable and it might be the laptop she is recording on.
Service from the seller very good since I ordered the wrong on initially and after I returned it and paid the difference the correct one arrived safely and quickly. |Thanks Bopdj Leeds.

Neostar Vinyl2CD USB Turntable Player USB Record Black
Neostar Vinyl2CD USB Turntable Player USB Record Black

3.0 out of 5 stars One drawback, 27 Sept. 2015
I bought one of these a couple of years ago. It did what the blurb says although I found that when I recorded vinyl onto the built in CD recorder there was a background hum when recording started. Although the music was OK and covered it, the sound was present between tracks which was a bit annoying. It seemed to be OK recording from a cassette though so it might have something to do with the turntable or the drive mechanism.
I noticed this after the guarantee expired!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3