Profile for Doghouse > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Broken Record
Broken Record

5.0 out of 5 stars One to watch.....and listen to!, 11 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Broken Record (MP3 Download)
Marina is an American singer songwriter on the cusp of breaking through, and if there is any justice in the music business, she will make quite a name for herself.

As is demonstrated on this, her debut single, her self-penned songs show a maturity and depth which is complimented nicely by her impressive voice.

Gold Coast Small/Medium Neoprene Ankle Support
Gold Coast Small/Medium Neoprene Ankle Support
Offered by DOMU Marketplace

3.0 out of 5 stars Size DOES matter., 7 April 2015
Looks decent quality and a decent design...but I cannot say anything about the support it gives as it is no where near big enough to fit my size 10 feet. My wife has size 5.5, and this seems about right for her. The hunt continues!

Actesso Black Elastic Ankle Support Sleeve - Helps relieve pain and provide stabilisation for injured ankles (Medium Black)
Offered by Actesso Medical Supports Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and is good value., 13 Mar. 2015
A simple enough product, but one that seems to do the job well. Had a serious ankle injury which has left the joint feeling very weak. This support makes a significant difference (for me), adding a degree of support and comfort as the rehab continues. I have bought and tried a number of ankle supports yet (again, for me) this one seems the most beneficial. Just ordering another one as sods law says I will do something to ruin the one I have.

Morphy Richards 46381 Accents 3 Tier Steamer, 18 cm - Red
Morphy Richards 46381 Accents 3 Tier Steamer, 18 cm - Red
Offered by Pricelover Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job....well., 9 Feb. 2015
Nice little steamer set. Smart enough to look at, no appreciable steam leakage, handles seem to be useable (as in they do not too hot). Capacity good given its smallish footprint. Steam circulates well, and food on upper and lower levels both cook nicely. Overall, I am very pleased with the product.

Kärcher SC 1020 Steam Cleaning Station
Kärcher SC 1020 Steam Cleaning Station
Offered by Zob 'n' Saf

5.0 out of 5 stars Small - but better a diamond than a brick., 13 Nov. 2014
Well maybe not quite a diamond.
Very lightweight steamer, yet seems to do the job well. Relatively small tank, however that is part of the deal if you are looking for something lightweight. My only slight reservation is that the plastics seem a little cheap and potentially brittle, however we use is very regularly to steam clean/refresh our tiled, wood and carpeted floors, and there is no sign of wear and tear yet.

NRS Healthcare F24279 Medeci Bath Seat 30 cm (12 inches) Height - Width Adjustable

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive and usable bat seat., 21 Oct. 2014
Bought as I was desperate for a bath whilst in a leg cast (a shower is a bridge too far at present). I have to say that I have been thoroughly impressed with the seat. It is strong and stable, and I have found it comfortable to use with confidence. Fitting it in place is NOT a technical act and only takes a few seconds/minutes - but it is clearly important to adjust it so that it grips the bath sides securely.

An impressive product that looks and feels that it will last for years. I can't wait for a proper shower - but meantime a bath will do, and this product has been an excellent purchase.

Q-Connect KF3516 Envelope C5 80gsm Self-Seal (Pack of 500) - Manilla
Q-Connect KF3516 Envelope C5 80gsm Self-Seal (Pack of 500) - Manilla

5.0 out of 5 stars They really do self-seal well!, 6 Sept. 2014
Good, basic, functioning envelopes that actually do self-seal! Decent price. I am very happy with the purchase.

The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet another variation on Cinderella, 2 April 2013
I didn't like this book at all - too glib, too blunt and almost all the characters were over the top and dislikeable. Presumably the heroine of the story, Eva, was the one we were supposed to like but actually after finishing the book I disliked her the most. The book didn't leave me feeling I'd read an inventive and sharp insight into modern life, all wrapped up with wit and keen observation. Instead, it left me feeling I'd read yet another rehashed Cinderella themed yarn which at times seemed to have been crafted with a sledgehammer. Cinderella in this incarnation is Eva - a 50 year old woman (who still looks good, of course, as all Cinderellas should. ) who has been cooking, cleaning, dogs bodying (the usual jobs Cinderellas get) for an assortment of ugly sisters. The ugly roles were filled by all the other women in the book - Eva's mother, mother in law, daughter, husband's mistress, an assortment of `Eva fans'. I don't think there was one other female character in the book that wasn't unpleasant.

The male characters don't have a much better time bar, of course, Prince Charming who in this book turns up as a slightly-younger- than- Eva black prince who could have made it big in the city, but turned his back on wealth to become an artist. He is also handy at fixing things in the practical hands on way. He even has a cherished dead wife (but not one that would stop him falling for Eva) and is currently being single dad of the year to his two children. Finally, after a lot of shoehorned attempts to avoid cliché, the story finishes on the biggest cliché of them all; Prince Charming physically rescues Eva from the bed she has refused to leave for a year(the 'going to bed for a year' was perhaps an idea Cinderella stole from Sleeping Beauty)He literally carries her in his arms to the happy ending.

So all in all, what it boils down to in the end is another poor passive princess waiting for the prince to sort it out.

Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD)
Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money, 13 Feb. 2012
My needs for converting PDF to Word are fairly basic - although some of the documents are quite long, I tend to have little need to do anything involving complex graphics.

I have to say that I have found the software to be very impressive - quick and, more importantly, accurate for text-heavy documents.

As the other reviewer said, there are one or two matters that possibly could be improved, but then what software is perfect? For the money (Amazon under £6) I am seriously impressed. Worth buying I'd say.

Pest-Stop 2000 Ultrasonic/Electromagnetic Pest Repeller
Pest-Stop 2000 Ultrasonic/Electromagnetic Pest Repeller

2.0 out of 5 stars Totally unconvinced. So far, so bad., 13 Feb. 2012
I bought two of these to try to ward off some mice that have found their way into the house. It is said that these electronic repellers can take some time to have full effect, but I can quite categorically say that the ultrasonic element has had zero effect on our mice. Despite the fact that I have ensured that the device has a clear "view" (and that the settings are correct), the mice appear completely unconcerned by it, and have happily trotted back and forwards right in front of it.

It remains to be seen whether the "electromagnetic" element of the repeller works. I hope it does (otherwise I have wasted over £40).... but I have to say that I am not at all optimistic.

Page: 1 | 2