Profile for Sarah Ruby > Reviews

Content by Sarah Ruby

Sarah Ruby

Notes from My Travels: Visits with Refugees in Africa, Cambodia, Pakistan and Ecuador
by Angelina Jolie

5.0 out of 5 stars A taste of harsh reality, 9 May 2004
Here we are in the western world in our comfortable homes, surrounded by those we love and perhaps not aware that many miles away are men, women & children suffering at the hands of other human beings and not able to even build a life for themselves or a future for their children. This book is an honest and open account of the journey that this wonderful example of what "celebrity" should be about, makes in order to bring a little bit of understanding about the plight of these poor individuals and how various organisations are trying to assist them with very little help. I can honestly say that prior to reading this book I was very cynical to the needs of refugees and my attitude towards them was extremely negative so I would like to thank Angelina for writing this journal as I feel that I have been enlightened and my outlook on life has changed drastically.

Stripped
Stripped
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely "Beautiful"!, 25 April 2004
This review is from: Stripped (Audio CD)
This album is 110% fabulous! The title "Stripped" is very apt as Ibelieve Christina truely bares her soul as well as utilising her amazingvocal talent in order to bring us this deeply moving and inspirationaloffering. Once you have this on in the car I gurantee that you will notstop singing exerts from the fantastic songs - my personal favourites arethe stunning track 3 "Walk Away" which is lyrically and musicallybrilliant and has the power to literally move you to tears, theattitude-filled track 15 "Get Mine, Get Yours" (this is REAL girl power)and of course the magnificent track 16 "Dirrty" (which I have seen many agirlie-girl on a girls night out nearly knock over nearly an entire rugbyteam in order to get to the dance floor in time to boogie to it!!!). Welldone Christina - keep 'em coming like this girl!