Profile for Bazil Woodroffe > Reviews

Content by Bazil Woodroffe

Bazil Woodroffe

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Victorian Day, 24 Feb. 2012
Similarly to one of the other reviewers - we needed to get something for my daughter's school victorian day. We didn't want to spend a great deal on something that was likely to be worn once. However, we wanted something in which she would look good too.

The picture is a fair reflection of how it looks - although as has been said already, it IS a once piece - not a separate dress and pinafore.

The material is pretty lightweight but it was unquestionably well made and will no doubt be used by my younger daughter, when the time comes.

In term of sizing - we bought a medium for our 6 yr old daughter (who IS quite tall) and it fitted perfectly.

Overall - I thought it was a bargain. More importantly, my daughter was happy - which, let's face it, is all that really matters.

Zippo Handwarmer - Chrome
Zippo Handwarmer - Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliantly and is seriously tactile - but could be a little hotter when in the bag, 11 Nov. 2010
Over the years I've grown very frustrated with the reusable gel type handwarmers - it's a hassle boiling them up and then they never seem to last very long at all. I wanted something that would REALLY last for hours.

The Zippo does just that. It may be advertised as "up to 12 hours" but I've had mine work for more than 24 hrs on a single filling - which is absolutely remarkable. It appears to keep going by magic!

It's pretty much fool proof to use, in that it's easy to fill and easy to light - personally, I find the easiest way to light it is on the gas hob, although I'm quite sure that a normal lighter would do the trick just as well!

When it's in the little drawstring bag, it's warm without being hot. Take it out of the bag, however, and it is genuinely hot. Definitely hot enough to do exactly what it's designed for - warming your hands.

However, the added bonus of taking it out of the bag is that in doing so, you realise that it is a seriously tactile piece of equipment - as odd as it may sound, it's just a really nice thing to hold. Try it and you'll understand what I mean!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2010 11:32 AM GMT