Profile for bobg > Reviews

Content by bobg

bobg

Page: 1 | 2
Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Men's Electric Foil Shaver with Clean and Charge Station Rechargeable and Cordless Razor

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm delighted that I did, 31 Jan. 2016
I had used a rotary shaver for about 20 years and decided to have a change. I'm delighted that I did. This is an excellent razor giving a close shave. The cleaning system is very efficient and ensures that the razor is always in top condition.

Anthony Newley Newley Recorded & Who Can I Turn To?
Anthony Newley Newley Recorded & Who Can I Turn To?
Offered by Vocalion/Dutton Epoch Direct (Crazygreen8)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very welcome re-release., 18 Feb. 2014
A good representation of Newley's work on 'Newley Recorded' and a welcome return for the music of Newley and Bricusse from their show which included 'Who can I turn to?' The latter contains a number of what might now be considered to be 'standard' songs, but which come from this original show which was never very successful in the UK, 'The roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd'.. A great album.

Lambeth Walk - The Music of Noel Gay
Lambeth Walk - The Music of Noel Gay
Offered by cdworld-ireland

5.0 out of 5 stars The age of innocence!, 18 Feb. 2014
A great album reflecting the atmosphere and philosophies of the 1930s. A wide range of artists give accurate and entertaining representations of Noel Gay's work.

Ben Webster For Lovers
Ben Webster For Lovers
Offered by marvelio-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Webster at his best, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Ben Webster For Lovers (Audio CD)
This is a delightful album showing Ben Webster's breathy sax skills beautifully in a series of jazz ballads. Ideal late night listening.

Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy Note 10.1 - White - EFC-1G2NWECSTD
Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy Note 10.1 - White - EFC-1G2NWECSTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit and strong, 24 Aug. 2013
This cover fits the tablet snugly. It provides adequate protection, providing the user takes care of the valuable equipment. It looks good and does its job.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 inch Tablet - White (ARM Cortex A9 1.4GHz, 32GB Storage, WiFi, Webcam, Android 4.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, powerful and flexible., 24 Aug. 2013
After considerable research I purchased this tablet. In the end my choice was I-pad or Galaxy. I'm delighted that I chose Galaxy. The Android system is user friendly and the user manual is helpful - but not as comprehensive as I would have liked. The battery life is excellent and should suffice for most users.

The display is clear and easy to read. The tablet itself is light in weight and not difficult to carry around for lengthy periods. There is no doubt that this model is a winner!

Cafe Mexico
Cafe Mexico

4.0 out of 5 stars Mariachi and more, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Cafe Mexico (Audio CD)
This selection of music provides Mexican traditional rhythms at their best. Some delicious brass tracks and some haunting vocal group music.

Yesterday I Heard The Rain
Yesterday I Heard The Rain

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost five stars, 7 Mar. 2013
A sixties album with, generally, a good choice of songs. I particularly like the album's title track along with Hi-ho a little heard Gershwin composition - and Hushabye Mountain. I found Sweet Georgie Fame a somewhat strange choice! However, over all this is a good example of Tony Bennett at his peak.

When Lights Are Low
When Lights Are Low

5.0 out of 5 stars Late night mood, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: When Lights Are Low (MP3 Download)
I had this on vinyl some years ago. Now on MP3 it is as fresh as ever. An excellent choice of songs with a superb trio backing. Ideal music for listening with a late night glass of the amber fluid!

This Is All I Ask
This Is All I Ask

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lost Bennett, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: This Is All I Ask (MP3 Download)
I had this on vinyl some years ago. Happily I've now found it on MP3. Some unusual songs beautifully arranged and sung. In my opinion one of Tony Bennet's best.

Page: 1 | 2