Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now
Profile for Russ HP > Reviews

Content by Russ HP

Russ HP (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
Offered by passionFlix UK

2.0 out of 5 stars All just a waste of time in the end, 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
If you're already invested in the Mass Effect series then you should buy this game, despite the (deservedly) terrible reviews from some fans. It's about 2/3rds length of ME2 and you should expect more cut scenes, more loading pauses, more glitches and less missions and a number of plot holes. It's still an above average game though that you'll enjoy playing all the way through. That is, until the last 10 minutes where you get an ending so woeful and disconnected from the many hours of gameplay and choices that you've put in, that it will make you want to unplay not only this game, but the rest of ME series as well.

Poor show Bioware. I'll be thinking first before I buy another one of their games.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition (PS3)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition (PS3)
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic single player experience, 20 Nov. 2011
If you're like me and avoid online/multiplayer gaming and get frustrated that newer games offer increasingly poor £ value for the amount of time they take to complete on single player (I'm looking at you Uncharted 3) then this is the game for you. Long, engaging story line with some real heart thumping moments. Also offers good replay ability - I think I'll add completing the game without killing anyone to my bucket list!

White Van Man - Series 1 [DVD]
White Van Man - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Will Mellor

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 July 2011
The title doesn't suggest at some of the depth in this charming and funny series. Don't make an assumption on the casting of Will Mellor, I'd put this show closer to Lead Balloon than Two Pints of Lager and his acting is excellent. It's also a must for anyone who has taken over the family business.

Sony RDR-HXD870 - DVD Recorder With 160GB Hard Drive - With Freeview - Black
Sony RDR-HXD870 - DVD Recorder With 160GB Hard Drive - With Freeview - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Just terrible, 22 Jan. 2011
I own a lot of Sony technology. TV, PS3, Mobile, Stereo. And I'm very happy with all of it.

However - this is by far the biggest piece of rubbish I have ever wasted money on in my life.

From the absence of a twin tuner - which means you can't record and watch tv at the same time, to the dreadful EPG and the brainless layout of the remote, I would not recommend that anyone buy this product for more than £50.

The Big Happy
The Big Happy
by Scott Mebus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Big Happy (Paperback)
Bought this when I was half way through the guys first book Booty Nomad. If you liked that book then this is required reading.

Stargate SG-1 - Season 1-10 - Complete/The Ark Of Truth/Continuum [DVD]
Stargate SG-1 - Season 1-10 - Complete/The Ark Of Truth/Continuum [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Dean Anderson
Offered by TastyMate

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series, poorly presented, 1 Jan. 2011
This is an absolute must for fans of the genre. Even though I watched them all first time round on TV it hasn't hampered the fun of re-watching them all again.

This product is let down by the poor boxset packaging, lack of subtitles on season 1, and very clunky and frustrating menu's on the other seasons. However - had I known it still wouldn't have put me off the purchase.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 2 Sept. 2010
Nice looking and comfortable. However watch it if you've got wide feet - because they'll barely fit if you have.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Neil Patrick Harris
Offered by Newtownvideo_EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 2 Sept. 2010
Written by Joss Whedon, starring NPH, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day.

Did you expect this to be anything other than the absolute awesome that it is?

Ross Kemp On Gangs - Los Angeles - Bulgaria - Belize - Kenya [DVD]
Ross Kemp On Gangs - Los Angeles - Bulgaria - Belize - Kenya [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ross Kemp

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 30 July 2010
I missed this when it was on TV and bought this DVD after hearing good things. Ross Kemp is brilliant and I'm glad I purchased. The Kenya special is just jawdropping.

Nscessity Mini Tower Fan
Nscessity Mini Tower Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 July 2010
I bought this to sit on my desk at work and it's brilliant. Quiet enough not to disturb those around me. It's got 3 speed settings but I've never needed to go past 1.

Page: 1 | 2