Profile for kerryb25 > Reviews

Content by kerryb25

"kerryb25"

Nikon D70 (The Expanded Guide)
Nikon D70 (The Expanded Guide)
by Chris Weston
Edition: Turtleback

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as anticipated...., 12 Feb. 2005
I anticipated a book with helpful tips and a bit of varied information on the D70 to show me some new techniques or information perhaps not covered in the manual, but what I received was not entirely what I expected. I have self taught myself so far and found the user manual to be sufficient enough and feel that this book was just an visual upgrade on the manual.
It is a wonderfully illustrated book, well laid out and thoughtfully written in an idiot-proof way. However the content is definitely more of a glorified version of the user manual. Chapters 5 and 6 provided a few useful tit-bits of information on additional lenses which could be used and macro techniques, but other than that there was nothing in the book I didn't already know. The title says "expanded" guide, I would say only slightly expanded....
If you have only just bought your D70, are totally new to digital and somehow your user manual has mysteriously avoided being placed in the box, I'd suggest buying it, but otherwise, give it a miss.