Profile for andrew fagence > Reviews

Content by andrew fagence

andrew fagence

Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound USB Gaming Headset (7.1 Surround Sound with Retractable Digital Microphone and Chroma Lighting)

5.0 out of 5 stars Razer delivered nicely, 30 Mar. 2015
After previously owning a Creative Fatal1ty headset for 2 years, I felt that it was time for an upgrade. I was after quality sound and comfort and after reading reviews and eventually buying the Razer Kraken 7.1 headset, I felt that this has been a decision I do not look back upon in anyway shape or form.

When you first put on the headset and configure it, you may notice the sound is quite unusual (Might be your ears adjusting to the epic sound its about to give to you). But give it 10-15 seconds and WOW! A really crisp sound comes through, I then started to play around with the equalizer and noticed that music and sounds that I already loved sounded so much better! I start to hear new notes and melodies all the time in tracks I couldn't pick up before with my old headset. People's voices are clearer through this headset too, and its much easier to distinguish people now when chatting with several people at once.

You can fold the cups to fit in a headset bag for safe transportation, and the microphone is cabled in but can come out and retract back into the headset (so you don't have to worry about damaging/loosing your microphone during transportation). The microphone can also be adjusted in the perfect position for speaking into, and has a little button just above the voice input section for rapid mute microphone mode (A nice red LED ring then lights up on the microphone to indicate that your microphone has been muted for an easy status report), simply click the button again to unmute and be heard again.

The comfort of the headset is undeniably, AMAZING! I can wear this headset for hours and not have pain on my head or my ears, The cups of the headset are big enough for your whole ear to fit inside, meaning the cushion can actually rest against your head and not on your ear. The cushion on the ear cups is a heck of a wedge and has some thickness to it (Extra cushiony!). The bar of the headset has a flat design and composed of cushion and mesh, I like the fact that it's actually straight like the flat surface of your skull and hasn't got any bits that stick out for "Extra comfort" when all they do is actually dig into your skull and CAUSE pain.

The lights are wicked to play about with too, you can have so many different colors to choose from with a couple of cool effects. I wish that Razer could stack upon the amount of effects though. Would just be amazing to see what exactly is the true potential of the "Chroma" effect, I sometimes use the lighting system when I'm in the office at work to give people a quick status if I'm currently free to talk or piled down with work and can't really talk (Green for available, Red for unavailable). The nice mesh design on the outside cups gives it a nice uniqueness and stands out from other premium headphones available today.

Overall, It is a quality product and I couldn't ask for anything more from this! Worth saving up for and investing into if you can.

Razer DeathStalker Essential USB Gaming Keyboard
Razer DeathStalker Essential USB Gaming Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Professional, Quintessential, 13 April 2014
I would highly recommend this keyboard to any PC gamer of all gaming backgrounds. I've been using the keyboard now for a couple of weeks and it was really easy getting used to.

Philips QC5130 Hair Clipper With Adjustable Comb
Philips QC5130 Hair Clipper With Adjustable Comb

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT HAIR CLIPPER!, 30 Oct. 2013
This product is really simple to use, makes quick work of your hair and leaves an even finish. Well worth the money!