Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Atheist's Bible
The Atheist's Bible

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy-going read, 27 Aug. 2014
Nice easy-going read. A book of quotations to go in and out of or to pick up to fill a quiet moment. Thought provoking, offering many "I wish I'd said that" moments.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog's favourite toy, 8 July 2014
I recently adopted a cavalier and thought it would be nice to buy him a hand-held laser pointer. Big mistake. He became obsessed with it. I seemed to spend my whole day pointing it around the house.

This auto version is wonderful. It's almost as if I have my life back! The dog loves it and I can get on.

It was a bit noisy to start with but after a couple of days it has settled down and I hardly notice it now.

Easy to set up and easy to use. It does take a bit of trial and error to find the best position but that's no chore at all.

A great buy. Well worth the money.

Eye of the Needle
Eye of the Needle

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of the seat stuff., 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Eye of the Needle (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant detail and characterisation. I finished the book really quickly and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not many twists and turns, but a good yarn.

Fodable Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Sport Headset Headphones Hands-Free With Mic,Noise Cancellation for iPhone6,6 Plus,5,5S,iPad mini, , Samsung Galaxy S6, S5 --Ideal for Running Cycling Walking

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, very poor, 1 Jun. 2014
I wanted a pair of headphones to use with my phone while sitting in the garden or walking the dog. These seemed to fit the bill. Sound quality is ok. Set up is easy. They are foldable but not adjustable and do not seem to fit me properly. Really uncomfortable. The worst point is that a slight movement of the head causes the headphones to cut out! Really annoying and renders the headphones next to useless.

Gigaset C620H Additional Cordless Handset for C620A
Gigaset C620H Additional Cordless Handset for C620A
Offered by Simple Telecomms Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone., 1 Jun. 2014
I originally bought the twin set and I'm delighted with it. This extra handset was really a no - brained. It links simply and totally to the original set. Great sound quality - even on speaker phone and some brilliant fairs. The headset socket is a real bonus as well.

Samsung Galaxy S3 2100 mAh Battery (discontinued by manufacturer)
Samsung Galaxy S3 2100 mAh Battery (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not cheerful, 3 Mar. 2014
It looks and feels like a genuine battery.

But, it never charges to more than 96% and today, the charge level dropped to 40 in 5 hours n stand by. I know it's cheap, but there are limits.

Took ages to arrive as well, even on Amazon Prime. Can't wait to be charged £79 for the priviledge of 5 day delivery.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Security box not that secure, 25 Feb. 2014
This is a neat little box with a couple of pros and a few cons.

PROS
The box is heavy and appears well made.
The code is simple to change.

CONS
The supplied screws are so scrawney that a quick lever with a screwdriver may well remove it from the wall. It even comes with washers as the screws are so small, they could be pulled through the holes.
No wall plugs are provided.
The way the attachment holes are arranged, on standard sized bricks, two of the screws would either have to be attached to the brick edge or go directly into the mortar. Either option leads to a security wekness in my view.
The numbers are small and impossible to read in poor light. Make sure you have a torch to hand.
The number wheels are small and fiddly.

I don't like it. I wish I had sent it back and bought a better model.

Vermatik Advanced Plug In 4 In 1 Electromagnetic/Ultrasonic Rat/Mouse/Rodent Repeller With Built In Ionic Air Purifier (AS SEEN ON TV)
Offered by Futura Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me., 3 Feb. 2014
It's the sound that every householder dreads. The sound of tiny feet scrurrying ariound the house, in the loft or in the wall cavities. Mice are dirty and destructive creatures who do not make good houseguests and I wanted rid of mine. However, it goes against my principals to kill things when it is not absolutely necessary. I tried humane traps without any success. They would just take the bait and scarper.

Having used sonic repellers before (4 for £19), I was not confident that repellers would do the trick. The cheap ones certainly didn't. But, as a last resort before trying a more deadly solution, I gave these a try after reading reviews on this website. To be doubly sure, I also used peppermint oil, again, as suggested by reviewers on this website.

I bought 2 of these repellers, one for upstairs, and one for my lounge. The house stunk of peppermint thanks to the essenetial peppermoint oil I also bought, but after 2 days, the mouse was no more. I plugged up any holes I could find with steel wool and I have now been mouse-free for months.

The only problem is the blue light that is constantly on. It is VERY bright and cannot be dimmed. It is bright enough to cast shadows on walls and ceilings and certainly interered with sleep. I don't know why it is included and I certainly do not know why the manufacturer did not think to add an off switch. A silly, unnecessary addition.

But, the mouse is gone, and I can always stick something over the blue light.

Axis & Allies WWI 1914 Board Game
Axis & Allies WWI 1914 Board Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gameplay., 3 Feb. 2014
We already own 4 other Axis and Allies titles, and with the exception of the D-Day game, we have found them all excellent.

This WW1 version is no exception and nearly scores 5 stars from us - but there are pros and cons.

Upon seeing the box itself, the quality was clear. The artwork and the general feel of the the box were both very pleasing and will delight the collector. The contents were equally pleasing, with each nation's contents packaged neatly into their own mini-boxes, with setup instructions on the top. The game board is attractive and well made - but there is an issue. More later.

If you are familiar with A&A games, after a brief read of the instructions you will be ready to go. Hit points are well thought out and the fact that most land battles may not be completed in one turn, the frequent stalemates seen in the war occur in the game. Be prepared to devote a lot of time to each game.

We loved this game, but we did have a couple of niggles.

Firstly, an integral part of the game are the Industrial Production Points (money with which you buy reinforcements). The problem is, they do not exist in the set unlike other titles in the series. The manual tells players to make their own arrangements for recording how many points they have. Really? Seriously? The game costs over £63 and the manufacturers cannot put paper money in the set. This 'money' is vital to the game and I think the publishers should have a long, frank chat with themselves. Luckily, we were able to cannibalise some notes from other titiles, but this would really be a let down for Axis and Allies virgins.

Secondly, although there are 400 military playing pieces in the set, it's not quite enough. It's fine to start the game but can become a problem later. The manual suggests that if you run out, agree with eachother as to how to deal with it. Not at all vague then!

Thirdly, the excellent gameboard could do with a re-design. Africa takes up a huge area but is hardly used. However, central Europe where most of the game play is likely to take place, is really quite small. The problem with this is that as you try to move or change playing pieces, the piles of super-lightweight counters are very easily knocked over, in turn, knocking others over. This leads to frustration and confusion. The scale accuracy of the map is really not that important, and the current design does not support the game play too well.

Whoever designed the gameplay is to be applauded. It is an excellent game. Whoever designed the packaging should be applauded. Whoever decided to make a few extra pennies in profit by leaving out the vital Production Certificates and by not giving us a few extra playing pieces should be busted down to Private.

sell ideas® Flip Wallet PU Leather Case with Screen Protector and Stylus for Samsung Galaxy S3 9300 Leopard Print with Rhinestones
Offered by Think-Louder®

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 2 Oct. 2013
I nearly cancelled this order when I saw the estimated delivery date but it arrived much sooner.

I'm delighted that I didn't cancel because I love the item. It has a real look and feel of quality and protects the phone beautifully.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8