Profile for Aza > Reviews

Content by Aza

Aza (England)

Page: 1 | 2
SMSL M6 Asynchronous USB Optical Digital Hifi Stereo Decoder DAC 32bit 384KHZ Integrated Headphone Amplifier AMP Black
Offered by Sound Vision

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Dac/Amp, 20 Sept. 2016
A great Dac/amp combo does the job that my laptop cant handle powering my AKG K702. The SMSL M6 would easily power higher impedance headphones if needed. I personally used the WASABI plugin in Winamp so the music is sent straight to the dac with nothing in the pc interfering works great and once set up sounds brilliant. Great Dac/amp for the price highly recommend.

AKG K702 Reference Open-Back Over-Ear Studio Headphones
AKG K702 Reference Open-Back Over-Ear Studio Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a brilliant sounding headphone, 20 Sept. 2016
I have used quite a few headphones and iems in the past my latest were the M50s but never owned an open pair before so I decided to pick this up as I saw it at a used price (bargain) and decided its worth a try. I had not heard this headphone before buying I tend to just buy on impulse and hope I like the item if not then its a re sell job. When I first played these headphones I knew that I would need an upgrade in my audio equipment as the laptop and mobile wouldn't run them very loud but I could tell they had promise after using my active monitor headphone out. So I bought myself a dac and amp combo and a separate Darkvoice 336se to get the tube sound I have been wanting to try. So after finally getting the dac amp combo I was blown away by how much more open they sound (bare in mind I have never had an open pair of headphones) I have the M50s to compare and tbh its no comparison I don't think I could go back to M50s. The sound is flat on the AKG and its a sound I really seem to enjoy nothing is emphasized was a big difference compared to the M50s.

I personally like a little warmth in the sound of music and if I was to say anything about the AKG K702 it would be that they are a little lower in bass than most headphones I have had. This is where the tube amp comes in and my does it help! the sound just adds that little bit more in the bass and mids sound smooth and not as analytical to me anyway. I would say these are great for recording music some may not like the flat response for actually listening to music but with a nice tube amp these really are near perfect for me I think I will stay at this for awhile to come.

All in all a great sounding headphone I would go as far as saying maybe the best you can get at this price just have to look at the reviews you will need an amp to power these fully I suspect and if you want to really make them sing maybe a nice tube amp.

Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 Earphones - Metallic Blue
Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 Earphones - Metallic Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say... :D, 11 Jun. 2012
Well after first starting my music obsession soon I needed to up the quality of my earphones as I strived for better and better quality currently im using the iPhone4S for my music, My first earphones of any good quality was the Sony MDR EX700s and for the year that iv had them they were great but I wanted an upgrade and after reading reviews about different earphones and seeing the ultimate ears at a good price I went for these. Compared to the Sony's they are deffo a notch or 2 better the sound is clearer and the sound is more balanced, the only difference is the way the earphones sit in your ear spent 20 mins trying to put the wire over my head felt abit silly tbh lol anyway after that fiasco I quickly realised just how good these were there is no hiss at all from my iphone like with the sony's there was a very slight hiss, these are slightly quieter and have less bass in my opinion but they are more balanced and I prefer this sound Ill review how certain songs sound from different genres:

(Using IPhone4S)

(Rock) Skillet - comatose (Flac)
Drums sound very authentic and all the instruments sound tight, vocals are very balanced with the backing vocals being heard perfectly, sounds good even at louder volumes. The bass is strong but not overpowering it mixes well with the mid. Overall a very balanced sound I imagine this is how the artist wanted you to hear the song.

(Post-rock) Explosions In The Sky - Let Me Back In (Flac)
Very clear background sounds if you listen to Explosions then you will know they use multiple sounds in songs like keyboards and synths, all are very clear, the song has a great sound stage with all the instruments echoing through each ear. again very balanced sound this song is more towards the mid-high range and it holds up great.

(Dance) Pendulum - Witchcraft (320)
Very clear vocals the start sounds alive very clear sounds, as the song kicks in sound is more towards the higher ends than Iv heard in the past the bass is not as prominent as my old Sony's but its a balanced sound and the bass is still there but id say the mids and highs are slightly more prominent id say use an eq for this type of music but thats just my personal opinion.

(Other) Mike Oldfield - To france (192)
The first thing I noticed is the track is very quiet not sure if the gain on the track is lower but often lower bit rates are louder than flac files so not sure. The quality is very very good for a low quality file cant really hear much diffence in clarity, the guitars sound great harmonising and you can hear extra instruments in the background just like mike is that.

All in all I hope the review helped you :) most of all enjoy the music.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition (PS3)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great game, 8 Sept. 2011
Well iv just finished the game on the normal difficulty and found it to be a challenge in some parts and in others rather easy, I played through the game in a stealthy way which works so well as there are so many different augmentations for different ways of resolving firefights or not in my case. The story is very good with multiple side quests to do all different and very fun to do when you dont want to go through the main game. There are a few weapons on the game not loads but enough of a verity for me. I think what really makes this game so good is the addict ability it has i was on it from start to finish and still going through the game again its like an open world full of loot and exp yet its a fps bit like fallout but more fps. Absolutely brilliant game would recommend to anyone :)

Sony MDR-EX700 Hi-Quality In-ear headphones
Sony MDR-EX700 Hi-Quality In-ear headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 21 Jan. 2011
Just had these for about a day not sure if they have burnt in yet but I think they are absolutely brilliant, the sound is well balanced but with great bass. A very tight sound no muddle from what I can hear, I'm using a Sansa clip (until I upgrade to a Cowon x7) its the best sound quality Ive heard so far, dont let the price put you off these seriously are top notch :D

The War of the Worlds
The War of the Worlds

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say...., 5 Aug. 2009
This review is from: The War of the Worlds (Audio CD)
Well... I have listened to the original cd before, but I wanted to see what SA-CD is like. I used a sony 5.1 home theatre system to test it. So I played the cd and the hairs on my neck stood up and I got that electric feeling you get when you hear something truly brilliant. This is undoubtedly better than the cd, the quality is unbelievable I was amazed seriously. The are many changes extra voices in back ground for a thicker texture in the music, extra instruments in between parts with echo effects added. It is still the original just with extra bits in and in 5.1. This cd is seriously electric so buy this and you will get a very nice shock.

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3)
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good solid game, 27 July 2009
I have played the DW series since DW2 and I love the series. DW6 empires is not the best but still very good. Compared to DW6 there are many improvements from what I can see. 1st the effects are better but there are still flaws (enemies pop in and out of screen) 2nd new ideas like Empire mode, I thinks thats a great idea its trying to mix romance of the 3 kingdoms game in there. The only real problem with empire games is you start with all the characters which I never liked. You can also make your own character which is cool. So if your a fan of DW then you will be happy with the freshness of this 1.

Fallout 3 (PS3)
Fallout 3 (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant game, 27 July 2009
This review is from: Fallout 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
This is a great game, its fun and looks super. the effects are brilliant most over RPGs dont come near the detail and textures of this game. Battling is brilliant you can shoot enemies in 1st person, 3rd person or using V.A.T.S. which is a really good add on with cool view of the bullet. There are lots of weapons to choose from aswell so you will find 1 that suits you. All in all a top game and a must buy!

Thomson ANT515U - Amplified Indoor TV Antenna Aerial
Thomson ANT515U - Amplified Indoor TV Antenna Aerial

4.0 out of 5 stars very good item, 18 July 2009
Ok well I bought this for Play tv on ps3. when I got it set up was simple and quick. The reception is high for me about 80% but it does jitter rarely.
I can watch tv, pause and rewind easy no real problem so it sends a good signal. Recording is also very good so if like me your getting it for your room maybe a freeview box or play tv then you should get this.

Comatose
Comatose
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my ears, 18 July 2009
This review is from: Comatose (Audio CD)
well I bought this cd a while back now and I had no idea what it would be like. I had only heard the song comatose which was a great song. I got the cd put it in and was blown away! its a great mix of rock and strings with songs relating to religion, the singer has a strong powerful voice but sings very well quietly. The other thing is the harmony between him and the backing singer (who I think is his wife) is superb its a joy to listen to. I loved it so much I bought the Comatose comes alive DVD! So if your still not sure I say buy the cd you will not be disapointed.

Page: 1 | 2