Profile for Richard Johnson > Reviews

Doctor Who:  Regeneration [DVD]
Doctor Who: Regeneration [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Hartnell

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid chap... all of them, 5 Feb. 2014
My dad got this for me for my birthday and I think it's brilliant. I was brought up with New Who so I already had Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways and the End of Time on DVD (season 1 and complete specials box sets, retrospectively) but I always wanted to get into Classic Who as well.

This does exactly what it says on the box. It has all the regeneration stories - up to Tennant's final words "I don't want to go!" - and I couldn't ask for anything else. The book is brilliant and very informative about the Doctor's incarnations. The DVDs were fantastic - especially the Tenth Planet (episode 4 was a brilliant reconstruction) - and this is a must for any Whovian.

If I had to find criticism for this box set, I would say it should have the post-regeneration stories in it (An Unearthly Child, reconstruction of The Power of the Daleks, Spearhead from Space, Robot, Castrovalva, The Twin Dilemma, Time and the Rani, Rose, The Christmas Invasion and The Eleventh Hour) so we could watch each Doctor come to terms with his new personality and new life.

All in all though: one amazing regeneration box set for one amazing Time Lord!