Profile for M. Beeson > Reviews

Content by M. Beeson

M. Beeson (UK)

Lexar Professional JumpDrive S23 64GB USB 3.0 (100MB/s) Retractable Design Flash Drive Memory Stick - Purple
Offered by Photomega

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty. Avoid!, 24 Sept. 2013
Pro's:
As many have mentioned, this flash drive is really fast. It is also very small for it's capacity and speed... But;

Cons:
Wow, this is poor quality. I mean REALLY poor quality!
Mine arrived damaged. The USB connector is plastic, really thin brittle plastic.
It looks like mine was crushed against the key chain attachment, the packaging offering very little protection.
I didn't buy mine from Amazon but given the "cheap Christmas cracker" build quality, I'm sure many of these end up damaged on delivery.

Toshiba 26DL934 26 -inch LCD 720 pixels 100 Hz TV With DVD Player
Toshiba 26DL934 26 -inch LCD 720 pixels 100 Hz TV With DVD Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal bedroom tv, 4 Aug. 2012
Pro's
Great picture, bright and with good colour
Excellent sound once adjusted with the equaliser
Very convenient DVD player
Feels solidly made

Con's
Remote control has tiny buttons with poor layout
EPG very basic, can only view now and next
A bit slow changing channels

This TV does the basics well but loses 1 star mainly because of the poor remote control.

Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphones
Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Smoooth sound!, 11 Nov. 2008
I've had a few earphones to try out over the last few months, Sony MDR-EX71, Sennheiser CX400, CX500, CX95, Ultimate Ears Super.Fi5 Pro and these Shure SE110's. I bought mine for £17 from another website but even at £40 these compare well with the other 'phones I've tested.

Once properly inserted they sound very good. Good bass without colouring the whole sound (unlike the Sonys) and a smooth and clear treble. In this respect they remind me of the Ultimate Ears, you can listen to them for long periods of time without fatigue.

They are fiddly to fit until you suss it out, upside down with wires over the back of the ears works best for me. They need running in but then so did the Sennheiser CX400's (that I also own). In comparison the Sennheisers sound unmusical and artificial, like a bass boost is on and the mid range has been attenuated. The Shures sound very open and clear and yes I know it's a cliche but I CAN hear details in the music I hadn't heard before.

The Sennheisers are easier to fit and are even more comfortable but in my opinion they don't compare with these Shures for sound quality.

Sound quality is very subjective and earphones like these rely on a good fit to sound right so my advice is to try as many earphones as you can to find a pair that are right for you.

Sony MDR-EX71SLW Stereo Earphones - White
Sony MDR-EX71SLW Stereo Earphones - White

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 31 Aug. 2006
I bought these earphones 6 months ago, mainly for use during long haul flights. I didn't expect the best sound quality and accepted the fact that they may not be the toughest design out there but I liked the fact they blocked out external noise.

In fact these earphones have surprised me, I use them nearly every day as they are very comfy, offer excellent noise isolation (ideal in a noisy office!) and are a god-send during flights, finally I can hear my music and follow films without cranking the volume up! I even leave them in my ears when not listening to them as they block out a lot of the aircraft noise so I can sleep. That's another good feature of these earphones. because they're so small you can lie on your side with a pillow without pushing the earphone hard into your ear! So they're comfy in bed too.

So far they haven't gone wrong, I do look after them though. Unlike other reviewers I have no problems with the cord tangling up. The cord is a bit long with the extension, too short without.

Sound quality is ok, the bass can boom a bit, great if you like that sort of thing. The mid-range is a bit odd, sounds a bit boxy. The treble is a bit dull too, they aren't not as clear as my previous Aiwa earphones in this respect but sound much nicer than the standard iPod phones.

Overall, very happy.