Profile for Niall A > Reviews

Content by Niall A

Niall A (Scottish Borders)

Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB Freeview + HD Digital TV Recorder
Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB Freeview + HD Digital TV Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything well., 10 Aug. 2013
Easy set up, does exactly as it should and unlike some of these Freeview/Freesat receivers, this one reacts pretty quickly. Highly recommended.

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones, Black
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to your ipod, 27 April 2009
Bought these when I got my ipod nano after reading a review on the What Hi-fi website. Great quality for the size and price and a huge improvement over the standard ipod earphones. The only complaint, as with a previous review, is that due to the design of the headphones, any rubbing or vibration of the wires does result in a lot of noise. Ok for me, but maybe a problem if you intend to wear these while exercising.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2013 11:30 AM GMT

Apple iPod nano 8GB - Black - 4th Generation
Apple iPod nano 8GB - Black - 4th Generation

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 27 April 2009
I'm a bit of a hi-fi geek on the side but needed something portable as I travel around a lot. I wasn't expecting much from the nano, but I'm well impressed; the supplied earphones really don't do it justice, though they are adequate. It's definitely worth spending an extra 30 quid to buy some decent earphones to fully appreciate the bass and detail the nano is capable of; I bought some Sennheiser earphones as they were recommended by the What Hi-fi website when they reviewed the nano.

Definitely worth the money!

The Very Best of Steeleye Span - Present
The Very Best of Steeleye Span - Present

4.0 out of 5 stars A new fan of an old band, 29 April 2003
I'll be honest, I only knew Steeleye Span as some odd group I'd heard on the radio a few times in my childhood! I'm probably considerably younger than most other reviewers (stereotyping there) and noticed that everyone else who'd written reviews were ardent fans of the band from their past.
I only bought this album because it was a recommendation from Amazon, based on my other purchases and tastes. Having taken the plunge, I was pleasantly surprised to say that the recommendation system works!
The only tracks I recognise from the past are 'All Around my Hat' and 'Gaudete', so I can't compare this album to any previous efforts by the band. What I can say is that I was impressed with the musical content.
For anyone else out there, who, like myself, likes the older Mike Oldfield albums and Folk Music in general, or who has this album recommended to them, I would say try this album. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Dark Side of the Moon (30th Anniversary Edition)
Dark Side of the Moon (30th Anniversary Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Technically Brilliant, 29 April 2003
There's no great surprise with the content of this album, it does exactly what it says on the tin.
What does stand out with this SACD is the technical brilliance of the Audio mixing - the sound truly envelopes the listener in a way even the Tubular Bells SACD doesn't. Track 4, 'Time', sounds amazing, with bells ringing out from all directions simultaneously. Got to be heard to be believed!
If you're even a slight fan of Pink Floyd, and you want an album to justify buying your SACD player, then this is the one to buy!