Profile for Jacqui > Reviews

Jacqui

Wacom Intuos Pro Small Graphics Tablet
Wacom Intuos Pro Small Graphics Tablet

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but..., 19 April 2014
I really like this product. Easy to set up, nice to use, lightweight and brilliant for doing my concept art. One thing I will say, though, is that the pen nibs are crap. After 2 days, the one that was already in the pen had worn down (and I hardly press at all when I'm drawing) so I ended up having to buy old style, stronger nibs from someone else. It's such a small thing but it makes a big difference to an artist who doesn't want to constantly worry that the nib's going to wear down mid-flow. It's just a pity that pretty much all tablet pens have the same type of nibs now so there's not a whole lot you can do about it other than fork out for old ones. S****y pen nibs aside, though, this tablet is really nice and worth the money.

E'S Otherwise - Collection [2004] [DVD]
E'S Otherwise - Collection [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Masami Shimoda

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't over analyse and you'll love it., 9 July 2013
I actually saw the trailer for this on another anime DVD and thought it looked interesting. After watching it, I can honestly say that, although it's not the best anime for a deep, involved storyline (despite the intense first few episodes...) If you want gorgeous animation, good music, cool fight scenes and memorable characters, this anime is for you. I became oddly hooked to it for a long time. The fighting is well balanced with some good helpings of humour and there are some nice little plot twists that help to make up for a slight lack of depth.

One thing I should probably warn everyone... the theme song is fairly unoriginal but WILL grow on you to the point that you can't get it out of your head!!