Profile for TRUClerk > Reviews

Neighbor [DVD] [2009]
Neighbor [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ America Olivo

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get it., 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Neighbor [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
maybe it's my fault. Maybe not. I can't figure this one out. It seems like a fairly straight forward horror story -- man gets tied to chair, man gets tortured. The man in question keeps waking up from a dream while watching a movie and everything changes every time he does. It made me wonder if maybe I had fallen asleep somewhere. I was expecting a final scene that would explain everything, but it never came. The film is grotesque in its violence and impossible to understand in its conctruction. I admit I got this one for the cover featuring lovely America Olivio ... Her name is as baffling as this film, being pronounced AM-Rica ... But she never wears the outfit she dons on the cover ... In fact she never wears much of interest except a veil of blood and a sadistic smile. I don't get this one. I suggest you don't get it either.

Slade In Flame (DVD/CD) [1974]
Slade In Flame (DVD/CD) [1974]
Dvd ~ Slade

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow and plodding, but great for a Slade fan, 17 Feb. 2014
Slade, being a fun loving band who are fond of the sexual innuendo, fail to make the transition to the big screen with this decidedly sober story of ego and corruption. They play a band named Flame, and no one could figure out how to seperate the fantasy from the reality. When Flame break up, people thought Slade had broken up! I really like the film, but it isn't THEM at all. They should have made something a little more Slade. Funnier, sexier, sillier. This is still a good movie though, and if you love the band like I do it's great fun to watch them on film. They all do a pretty good job as actors too.

Perfectly Normal [DVD]
Perfectly Normal [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best film about cross dressing, opera, hockey and beer ever made!, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Perfectly Normal [DVD] (Accessory)
Okay, you saw the title to this review, now you simply have to check it out! A masterpiece of the odd. I'd compare it to another film if there was anything I could compare it to. One of my all-time favourites and no one's even ever heard of it. This version is the only DVD in existance, so grab it if you see one.

The Lot
The Lot

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant waste of money for me., 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Lot (Audio CD)
I love pretty much everything Queen related, Roger is my favorite, especially his stuff with The Cross (yes they do have their fans, and not all of them live in Germany). Having tracked down and collected all his solo stuff over the years this was a collosal waste of money for me, there were basically two or three tracks on here that I didn't have already, and one of them didn't even feature Roger on vocals! Still, a really nice collection that I just couldn't bare to be without. Goes well with the massive Freddie Mercury solo collection from a few years back (about twice as big as Roger's collection, and rightfully so I guess). The only thing missing now is a similar package for Brian May's solo work.

a-ha: Ending On A High Note - The Final Concert [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
a-ha: Ending On A High Note - The Final Concert [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ a-ha

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concert, not sure about this Blu-Ray, 25 Jan. 2013
I'm not a big fan of Blu-Ray, so maybe I'm biased. I had a DVD version of this title which I thought was simply marvelous. Great picture, amazing sound, so I thought I would upgrade to Blu-Ray. Instead of improving matters, it made them wose. I had some trouble with the picture freezing and some skipping. Worse still, the sound is not as good as it was on the DVD. The music lacks the extra little spark it had on the other format. I still love this concert, any fan of A-Ha should own it and every non-fan should see it, but as far as the Blu-Ray is concerned, I feel I wasted my money. I'm going back to the DVD.