Profile for Edgar Linton > Reviews

Hesitation Marks
Hesitation Marks
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars NIN at their best., 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Hesitation Marks (Audio CD)
Being a fan of the majority of NIN's music, the prospect of a new album was obviously exciting. Having heard only 'Copy Of A' before listening to the entire album, I was intrigued to hear what they had created next. On my first listen, I was dubious at whether or not I was impressed. On my second listen, I felt much the same, perhaps even a little 'Disappointed' (sorry). Rather than abandon it, I felt perhaps I wasn't 'getting' it, and continued to give it my time. Listen by listen, I grasped onto each and every song and now (having listened to it on and off since it's release) can easily describe this album as a classic.

The album glides flawlessly from track to track, maintaining the classic NIN sound yet simultaneously sounding fresh and new. Every track is rich with depth, and I have found myself finding something new in it after every listen. Despite such depth, all sounds are used brilliantly sparingly, with nothing gone to waste; complete quality over quantity. My only concern for some NIN fans would be the lack of much heaviness within the album, something I initially missed, but soon got over after my appreciation of the album grew and grew. Though the album is in itself worthy of your time and money, my personal stand-out tracks would include Various Methods of Escape, Satellite and In Two.

So, don't hesitate...

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo 3DS)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for 3DS owners, 26 Jun. 2013
Animal Crossing New Leaf is a difficult game to describe to someone who has never played any of the games in the series. You can rave about it, and describe all the oddities that you go about in your own unique town, but words truly do not do it justice; you have to play this game to really understand its brilliance.

I have played the previous 2 Animal Crossing games ('Wild World' and the slightly disappointing 'Let's Go to the City' on Wii), so the familiarity was immediately apparent. Once again, I was thrown into my own town and only given a few small tasks to complete before essentially being set free to do as I wish, fishing, bug-catching, fossil digging and suchlike (all of which you will be familiar with if you've played any of the previous games), only this time with the addition of being Mayor, giving you the power to really make your town your own by eventually getting access to new developments which you are free to build where you like. New Leaf is a game that brings you back for more everyday, introducing more and more each time you play it, be it new items or areas, shops or the new-to-the-series 'island', which really does open up a whole new world.

If you are new to the series, I can only thoroughly recommend you try this game (being a brilliant starting point) as you shan't regret it. If you have otherwise enjoyed any of the previous games in the series, then welcome back to a newer and better Animal Crossing. My only down point for this game is that it is awfully addictive (a point which may also be seen as a positive point!).