Profile for G. R. Biddle > Reviews

G. R. Biddle (Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Optimizer & Trash Cleaner Tool for Kindle Fire Tablets
Optimizer & Trash Cleaner Tool for Kindle Fire Tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!! DO NOT PAY FOR THIS, IT DOES NOT WORK!!!, 20 July 2016
Aaaaaaarrrghhh!!!!!! I had the app for free for a while and everything worked really well. My kindle was smoother than it had been in ages. Then suddenly the app was asking for money. Didn't mind as it had worked so well before. But as stated above(To my chagrin, I didn't read the reviews)the app took the money and delivered nothing. Robbing, robbing, b@$tards!

Monster Busters: Hexa Blast
Monster Busters: Hexa Blast

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift please, 31 May 2015
This review is from: Monster Busters: Hexa Blast (App)
I want the "special" gift the game promised if I reviewed it. And there's a twenty word minimum so there you go.

War Elephant
War Elephant

5.0 out of 5 stars Best band in the world today?, 3 Sept. 2010
This review is from: War Elephant (Audio CD)
I'll say it proudly and I don't care how pretentious it sounds. I love Deer Tick. I bought their second album 'Born on Flag Day' in 2009. To my mind that was the best album of the year. I bought this(technically their first)on the promise of that album and I was initially disappointed. I persevered though and was well rewarded. It's not as immediate as BOFD but it works it's magic on you none the less. BOFD is a tight, cohesive collection of songs. Whereas this does feel like it's been slightly thrown together. Other reviewers have referenced influences of this album so I won't repeat them. What I will say is if you like the whiskey soaked anarchy of their sometimes tour mates The Felice Brothers, then this'll probably be right up your street.

Own Side Now
Own Side Now

4.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the real thing?, 3 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Own Side Now (Audio CD)
Whilst I enjoyed listening to this undeniably good album, two things struck me about it. I really didn't get the sense of this being a country album proper. Even though all the reviews proclaimed she would be the new voice of the genre. I also couldn't help but think that the likes of Jenny Lewis/Rilo Kiley had done this much better previously. But that's probably just nit picking. She a prodigious talent for such a young woman and if what follows is as good as this then she'll have a very good career indeed.

Age of Zeus
Age of Zeus
by James Lovegrove

4.0 out of 5 stars Big fun with big guns!, 29 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Age of Zeus (Paperback)
This is the first Lovegrove novel I've read and a small departure from what I'd normally go for. While this novel isn't going to set the world on fire it is a bucket load of fun. Gods, Monsters, superhuman exo-suits, worldwide locations, heart pumping combat sequences and guns... big guns... BIG BIG GUNS! You're really not going to care too much about any of the characters and the author seems to have a rather unhealthy obsession with castration. So if you're not looking for something too taxing then this will be for you. Essentially, a summer movie blockbuster in book form. So, shut down your brain and enjoy the set pieces.

Wolves
Wolves
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware 30 seconds of temptation., 2 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Wolves (Audio CD)
This album came as a recommendation from amazon. So, I had one of those brief listens and decided to give it a go. It was more than reasonably priced and it's always good to put money in the coffers of less established bands. I have to say though, that on my first listen I found this to be overwrought and pretentious. It's hard to critisise someone for trying to be ambitious but it seems forced. I really don't get the arcade fire comparisons either. I listened to it again and again hoping that something would click but it didn't. I'm not saying don't try it because judging from the other reviews, this album has been well received elsewhere. It's just not for me.

Sigh No More
Sigh No More
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars Carrying on sighing all the way to the bank., 12 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Sigh No More (Audio CD)
Please, please, please for the love of all that is good and holy, do not get sucked into the hype that surrounds this album and band. I can't make out what the fuss is. This album is below average at the very best. I fear the world has gone mad and taken leave of it's senses, when dreck like this gets critically and commercially lauded. They sound like coldplay got into a box of banjos. Do not waste your money on this rubbish. Please.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2013 12:15 AM GMT

Cure For Pain
Cure For Pain
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphine addiction., 12 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Cure For Pain (Audio CD)
Cooler than the other side of the pillow. Cooler than a Polar Bear's ray bans. Cooler than a pen.... well, just cool. I adore this album. As much as I find to love in Morphine's other releases, I absolutely adore this album. Drums, 2 string slide bass, tenor sax and Mark Sandman's voice dripping smoky, bluesy cool. Tales of addiction, affairs, crazy women and so much more. Atmospheric, moody, jazzy, super cool. Check this album out and get addicted to Morphine.

Worst Case Scenario
Worst Case Scenario

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it. Buy it. Buy it now., 12 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Worst Case Scenario (Audio CD)
It lightens my heart to see all the 5-star reviews here but none of them are wrong. I've bought every dEUS album since and although they are all good, this is a genuine masterpiece. At the time I'd heard nothing like it and it still blows my mind how good it is. I recall them in an interview with MTV describing themselves as a pop band. I don't know about that but any description I offer will be clumsy, ultimately futile and I'll leave it to better people than I. All I can say is that it sits in my three top favourite albums along with Miles Davies and Morphine. I can't recommend it enough. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it now.

Born on Flag Day
Born on Flag Day
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of 2009!, 27 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Born on Flag Day (Audio CD)
This album was my favourite of 2009. Considering how much fantastic music came out last year that's saying a great deal of how highly I rate this album. I won't bother suggesting any stand out tracks because there isn't one weak song in the set. This is good old fashioned rock'n'roll and country, sung and performed like they just don't do it anymore. To my mind an instant classic and if you're into 'americana' then you should probably buy this album.

Page: 1 | 2