Profile for Marilyn Adams > Reviews

Tepe Plastic Interdental Sticks Extra Slim
Tepe Plastic Interdental Sticks Extra Slim
Offered by Direct-to-Home Dental Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 18 Oct. 2015
These little sticks are brilliant. Cannot find them in any of the high street shops but was introduced to them by my dentist many years ago as I have a few crowns which need a really thin stick to floss in between. Have tried all the other Tepe flossing sticks and they are rubbish compared to these. They keep nice and rigid, are so thin they go through even the tightest of gaps and they have a small rougher edge towards the "handle" end (if you can understand what I mean) which actually massages the gum and releases any plaque build-up. The little curve at the other end allows for getting into the gap of the teeth with ease and the stick actually gets slightly thicker as it goes towards where it is being held. There are plenty on the pack which comes with a lovely little portable box, ideal for handbags or travelling. Would highly recommend these if you don't want to hook off any crowns in the process!

SP by Wella Luxe Hair Oil Keratin Boost 100ml
SP by Wella Luxe Hair Oil Keratin Boost 100ml
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, 18 Oct. 2015
I bought this after having had it applied in my hairdressing salon. It is a lovely light oil with a gorgeous smell. It is much lighter than the ordinary Moroccan oil. I have given it a 5* rating which it fully deserves. Makes blow drying very quick, taking away any frizz. I have thick hair which is base neck length which usually would take quite a time to blow dry but this product does speed up the process somewhat. So yes, would recommend buying this.

OPI Gelcolor French Set Bubble Bath Alpine Snow Pedicure Manicure Nail Polish Soak Off Gel

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT TOGETHER!, 20 Mar. 2015
I bought these OPI Gel colours in the hope they would work with my LED Lamp which was bought from Boots under the Sensationail system. They work just fine and lasted fractionally longer than 2 weeks but I do do lots of gardening etc., so my hands are well used. The Bubble Bath goes well with the Alpine Snow tip and leaves a very natural and clean-looking pale pink colour on the main part of the nail. I have used some colours with more of a beige look with a white tip but the hands don't look as fresh and clean. The Bubble Bath could be used on its own for a really natural finish while also protecting from breakages in the cold weather. I didn't use the OPI base or top-coat but used the Boots Sensationail base/top and these worked fine with the OPI. The curing time with the LED is 30 secs for base and top and 1 minute for the tip and main colour. I used just one coat of the Bubble Bath which gives a really nice look when painted over the White cured tip. I hadn't bought from this company before but can highly recommend them. Delivery was a couple of days, nicely packaged and I would definitely buy from them again. Always a worry that delivery is going to be good when you don't know the supplier!

Aloka Sleepylight Fairy Princess Shape Night Light for Children with Remote Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this as a Christmas present for my 6 month ..., 18 Jan. 2015
Bought this as a Christmas present for my 6 month old granddaughter. It is just right and looks lovely in her bedroom

Comby Metal Tail- 200mm - DENM401
Comby Metal Tail- 200mm - DENM401

5.0 out of 5 stars NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!, 28 Oct. 2014
Really love these combs as they glide through the hair, separating strands and not causing static as with plastic ones. Good for a small amount of back combing at roots. Last simply ages and I wouldn't use anything else. Have purchased enough for a few handbags for emergencies. They might seem from the reading of the word "metal" to be harsh but it's just not the case. The tail end is good for lifting the hair from the scalp to redefine style.

Timberland Nellie Waterproof, Women's Biker Boots, Black, 5 UK
Timberland Nellie Waterproof, Women's Biker Boots, Black, 5 UK
Offered by Legend Footwear.
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, 17 Aug. 2014
I was a bit apprehensive about buying these online but after reading many reviews decided to go up half a size - I am usually a 4.5 but bought a size 5. They fit perfectly but are a little tight on the ankle but when I actually get to wear them during the winter, am pretty certain the leather will lose its stiffness as in my other Timberland chukka boot which is now very supple. I have quite a slim ankle though so if you have a thick-set ankle, please be aware of this. Just the right length for wearing with leggings/jeggings and not too heavy for say driving a car. They have a nice shape toe (not too wide) and are beautifully made. The price on Amazon is brilliant compared to buying in a store. Not sure I would have paid over the £100 mark!

Large 5 Foot Brown & Blue Tartan Soft Fleece Travel Rug Blanket
Large 5 Foot Brown & Blue Tartan Soft Fleece Travel Rug Blanket

3.0 out of 5 stars THIN!, 16 Dec. 2013
Just bought this for keeping in the car. For the price it is just adequate - hence 3 stars. Is soft enough but wouldn't want to be stuck on the motorway for long waiting for a breakdown service as it might not be warm enough. That said, ideal for putting down in the park for a picnic.

Jessica Geleration Soak Off Gel-557 .5 Oz - Wedding Gown
Jessica Geleration Soak Off Gel-557 .5 Oz - Wedding Gown

5.0 out of 5 stars LED LAMP CURING,, 16 Dec. 2013
Thought I would give this a try. I have the Sensationail LED lamp from Boots and it works with this lamp. I will try a few more Jessica colours now I know it works with my lamp as this lamp is much cheaper than the original Jessica lamp. Think that the Jessica colours are nicer than the Sensationail colours by Nailene.

Amargan Hair Therapy Oil 100ml - AHTO100
Amargan Hair Therapy Oil 100ml - AHTO100
Offered by Amazing Hair & Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!, 16 Dec. 2013
I am an avid user of this product having first been introduced to it some years ago in my local hairdressers. I did at one stage try the Moroccon oil but the Amargan oil is much different inasmuch as it is lighter in feel, doesn't weigh the hair down, helps to cut down on drying time. I have thick hair down to the base of my neck and just need 4 pumps into palm of hands. Rub hands together and using fingers, work oil through hair. It totally reduces any fluffiness and gives a shiny smooth look on blow drying. If you get hair wet from rain during washes and any frizziness appears, just put a couple of pumps, apply as before, to dry hair and there you have it! Hair is smoothed once again and if you have tight curls, they are separated with a shiny look. Wonderful product - 100ml bottle lasted about 9 months.

Amargan Hair Therapy Oil 100 ml
Amargan Hair Therapy Oil 100 ml
Offered by ARAZO

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 29 April 2013
Originally was introduced to this at my hairdressers but paid a lot more. When I ran out of their bottle decided to try just the ordinary argan oil from the chemist but it just wasn't the same. I have thick hair to my shoulders and need about 7 pumps of this applied to wet hair and combed through before drying. It speeds up drying and leaves hair smooth and smelling lovely. I don't need to apply any more until the next wash unless I get caught in the rain and need an instant de-frizz. Also use it when travelling to America as their weather can be humid and this solves the problem more than anything else I have tried. Cannot recommend it enough and wouldn't know what to do without it.

Page: 1 | 2