Profile for Barry Patton > Reviews

Content by Barry Patton

Barry Patton

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Wounds of Honour: Empire I (Empire series)
Wounds of Honour: Empire I (Empire series)
by Anthony Riches

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read!, 29 July 2016
This is all the fault of Ben Kane! he got me into Roman Historical novels and whilst waiting for his next novel I looked around for another author. So glad I did, this had me hooked from the first line! The best thing about finding a new author (to me), especially one with so many books is that I will always have a book to read! Enjoyed this so much I have already started number 2 in the series. Bravo Mr Riches and sorry for being so late to the party!

The Cross and the Curse (Bernicia Chronicles Book 2)
The Cross and the Curse (Bernicia Chronicles Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story and characters building from the first book in ..., 10 April 2016
Thoroughly enjoyable read. Great story and characters building from the first book in this series. Looking forward to the next book in this series.

Feud (Rebels & Brothers Book 1)
Feud (Rebels & Brothers Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book., 1 Dec. 2015
The power of social media! I found out about Derek Birks as he is friends with a few authors I follow on Facebook and Twitter. Looked up his books and decided to try this one. So glad I did, I found it a tour de force from the first page to the last. So much happens in this book that at times I had to slow down and back track to keep up with the plot. How he brings all the threads together is nothing short of miraculous, the twists and turns are fantastic, and you are kept on your toes right up to the last page!
I'm hooked and look forward to reading the sequels.

Rise of the Wolf (The Forest Lord Book 3)
Rise of the Wolf (The Forest Lord Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and better!, 1 Dec. 2015
After reading the first two in this series I couldn't wait to read this one. Each book is getting better and better and I lapped this one up! Hopefully there will be a few more in the series!

The Wolf and the Raven (The Forest Lord Book 2)
The Wolf and the Raven (The Forest Lord Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cracker!, 1 Dec. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book and was a bit concerned that this one would fall short. It's an absolute cracker! Probably enjoyed it even more than the first one.

The Serpent Sword (Bernicia Chronicles Book 1)
The Serpent Sword (Bernicia Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars can highly recommend this excellent novel, 27 July 2015
A cracking read, thoroughly enjoyable, can highly recommend this excellent novel.

Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord Book 1)
Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... the first page that you are really going to enjoy it. For me this was one of those ..., 4 July 2015
Sometimes you start a book and you just know from the first page that you are really going to enjoy it. For me this was one of those books. I have to admit I read it in a day purely because I enjoyed it so much. Well thought out with a great story line, relentless action, great characters and a satisfactory conclusion, which just whets your appetite for the sequel, which I shall be reading very soon.

Eagles at War (Eagles of Rome Book 1)
Eagles at War (Eagles of Rome Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... you are relying on the author to assemble some great characters and immerse you in the history, 3 July 2015
The only problem with Historical Fiction is that you invariably know the outcome so you are relying on the author to assemble some great characters and immerse you in the history. Fortunately Ben Kane is absolutely excellent at this! The pace of this book is relentless and the climax totally gripping. My favourite book of all time by Ben was Forgotten Legion, I say was because this is even better!

The Devil's Assassin (Jack Lark)
The Devil's Assassin (Jack Lark)
by Paul Fraser Collard

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have read all year, 4 Jun. 2015
One of the best books I have read all year. An enjoyable romp based in a period of history I didn't know much about. Looking forward to the next book in this excellent series!

Gor Pets Nordic Soft Snuggle Dog Cat Bed Washable - 28 inch(Brown )
Gor Pets Nordic Soft Snuggle Dog Cat Bed Washable - 28 inch(Brown )

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 May 2014
Fantastic quality, my little terrier loves it, prefers the settee though! Little git! He loves it in the garden when the sun is out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3