Profile for YesMaam'ImACowboy > Reviews

Content by YesMaam'ImACowboy

YesMaam'ImACowboy

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm growing a Trevor Phillips mullet., 13 Oct. 2013
Don't ever allow a non believer to have the last word with the 'it's only a game' claim.
It's an experience and if you've come this far, then you'll love it. Just don't take my man T's random comments to seriously!
My only disappointment is that I'll eventually complete the GTA5 experience and then have to wait 5 years for the next one

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars If like me you find your self here?!?!?!, 29 Dec. 2011
If a Hair transplant is one step too far, but you do not want to take a Barber type shaver to your heed every few weeks because when you look in the mirror you simply see enough hair to justify no surrender, then Regaine/Rogaine is for you!
It takes a while! One year ago my crown was BALD. Now it is NOT! One can still see my scalp through the Hair, but the verdict is clear because several friends & acquaintances have accused me of receiving rug surgery!

If you have decided to purchase, then this particular supplier, O.P HEALTHCARE is the supplier to choose! The goods were delivered unbelievably quickly (2 days) considering I selected standard delivery and I accidently provided a recently expired debit card at first, and I received REGAINE rather than the US licensed ROGAINE.

Nirvana: Live at Paramount [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Nirvana: Live at Paramount [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Nirvana

5.0 out of 5 stars "Shine a light" for Generation X, 30 Sept. 2011
After allowing my right index finger to hover over the "buy" button for the £75 Nevermind 20th Anniversary box set that includes this film but in DVD format, I decided to indulge in just a little taste. After pre-ordering, the excitement I experienced reminded me of the release of the live Reading festival DVD & CD. Those who purchased either may have like myself been slightly disappointed. Although those I know who attended Reading on that August Sunday back in 92 either became true believers or simply had their faith cemented for the Church of Nirvana, the reproduction quality for Album & DVD was not "quite" there. This was down to Kurt who had started his descent into his suicidal drug abyss. Dave & Krist's performance were as tight as ever but as I was to learn from certain biographies both official and unofficial, they had not rehearsed as a group for at least a month before the reading set. Indeed the show nearly did not go ahead. Throughout the Reading DVD there were moments when you could see the odd flash in Kurt's playing, singing & general body language which seemed (to me) to remind him of what made him fall in love with live music and this is what probably ignited the crowd to create the atmosphere which helped produce a concert which was widely regarded as a high contributing factor to the band's "Seminal" acclaim. And I love every moment of both DVD & CD! I guess after so many years I wanted just a bit too much pleasure from a source that only had so much to give and at the end of the day is simply no longer with us.

Or so I thought?

Nirvana Live At The Paramount whether it be on disc, DVD or Blu-Ray must, I repeat MUST be amongst the collection of any true Nirvana fan. It is brilliant! Furthermore it is the band at their peak! Yes there were plenty more great shows. Yes In Utero was technically better than Nevermind but the demons that would eventually consume Kurt just didn't seem apparent during the paramount gig and Kurt produced a performance more solid than any I had seen from any other live show footage except maybe MTV Unplugged but unlike Unplugged in New York, he was having fun at the same time. Even Teen Spirit was performed at a level that was practically faultless, Kurt's Guitar Solo and all! The faithful will know where I'm coming from with that point, as over the next few years the band HATED playing that track, even to point of becoming slightly arrogant. Like for one show where they had not included it on their set list but could sense that a large section of the audience had come for that track and pretty much nothing else, so they played the famous opening riff and predictably drew the roar from the crowd then cut it off after 5 seconds and moved on to the scheduled next track, and on a few shows where they were told that they had to play it or their fee would get docked, Kurt simply butchered it.

Not here though! The owners of this Disc will get to see & hear Smells Like Teen Spirit an 18 other classics played with pride, shot on 16mm film, played back in Dolby 5:1 , Hi-Def 1080p BLU-RAY!

Enjoy!

And for those who do purchase, please leave a review as I feel slightly embarrassed being the first, in that I feel it deserves more than what my humble literary skills can provide.

And last of all, dont forget, White boy funk sucks!!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2012 1:08 AM GMT

Red Faction Armageddon - Commando & Recon Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Red Faction Armageddon - Commando & Recon Limited Edition (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Singularity Cannon? I've got to get me one of these!, 12 Jun. 2011
The Amazon customer review facility has become my "pre-game purchase bible" if you will, and I cannot remember the last Xbox360 game I went out and bought without checking these pages to see what the peeps thought. Curiously there is up to this point (June 12th) a strange lack of feedback regarding RFA which will obviously make any gamer pause before chucking thirty odd squids down. However, the perfect solution (obviously) is the demo available on Xbox live which I have just finished. 20 odd mins of demo play included Good character control with fluid movement, some special powers, great selection of weapons primary & secondary as well as a heavy piece which I won't spoil for anyone. So my 4 (5 for fun & 4 overall) stars is based on the demo but due to the lack of reviews, I thought it appropriate. Me? I'm buying!

Asics Men's Gel Oberon 4 Running Shoe Lightning/Denim/Gold T026N9155 8.5 UK
Asics Men's Gel Oberon 4 Running Shoe Lightning/Denim/Gold T026N9155 8.5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Top that for value, 19 Feb. 2011
Bought these as part of my new year's fitness drive, so obviously will never be put through any extreme tests but for a 5 mile jog a couple times per week, a couple visits per week to the gym, then these shoes are spot on. As it was my first pair of Asics, it quickly became obvious that these were the most cushioned soles I had experienced. Now I can never go back and so I just hope that I can get a repeat of this value in the future, where they are delivered to my door for less than £25!! Sweet!!

Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by marxwax

3.0 out of 5 stars Well it was good, but it wasn't great, 19 Oct. 2010
An issue I wish to get out of the way first is something I suspect is a cheeky way of making the short career mode last a bit longer. At first the word glitch comes to mind when reaching a certain check point and quickly realising that something is wrong when a door for example that needs to be opened to progress simply won't, or when your character needs to dismount his ATV and simply cannot. In these cases the gamer must load from the last saved checkpoint and repeat and in some cases repeat the entire mission. This is totally my opinion and I must accept that maybe (just maybe) I have bought one of a few dodgy copies but my suspicious side looks at how much game play is achieved from career mode with these stoppages and how long Medal of Honor would have lasted without them.
I have to admit that repeating these particular parts of the game didn't frustrate me as much as they could have as they were not exactly the hardest parts of the game.
Anyway, I believe that when EA start rolling out the downloadable content, the online multiplayer mode will overtake COD, or at least create some healthy competition for the consumer!

The problem for me I think is that I only played Battlefield BC 2 for the first time a few weeks ago so this maybe flattened out the experience for me personally, and maybe if I had been waiting months rather than weeks for this kind of game then it may have been worth an extra 1 / 1.5 stars as there is fun to be had here.