Profile for Mrs. E. Watts > Reviews

Content by Mrs. E. Watts

Mrs. E. Watts (Barnsley England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Russell Collection Womens/Ladies Short Sleeve Pure Cotton Easy Care Poplin Shirt
Price: £18.39 - £25.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Size info contradictory in different parts of the listing., 23 Aug. 2016
I went by the size chart link given by the product (as there were two contradictory sets of info in the listing) and ordered an XL which it claimed was a size 20. When I recieved the garment the wrapping stated that an XL was a size 16. I'm fairly sure info given online for sales is supposed to be accurate, and goods are meant to be as described. The link needs to be fixed. One for the charity shop.

5 x potted Alpine Strawberry plants 9cm pots FREE DELIVERY
5 x potted Alpine Strawberry plants 9cm pots FREE DELIVERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice plants, all took and massively increased to about ..., 30 Jun. 2016
Very nice plants, all took and massively increased to about 5 times the original size in 4 months. Produced loads of flowers and fruits are developing.

A4 Coloured Paper 500 Sheet Ream Supplied in a Weston® Clear Plastic Storage Box - 25 X ASSORTED COLOURS
Offered by G&N SUPPLIES / EDUCATIONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars A good range of colours, 30 Jun. 2016
I found it extremely useful as a private individual (as opposed to a company or office) to be able to get lots of different colours without having to buy a ream of each one. The paper is normal A4 printer paper, and went through the printer no problem. The plastic box in which they come is easy to open and robust, preventing the paper from getting creased. An excellent range of colours, although one or two of the shades provided are too dark to print on, and would go better in a set of craft papers. However, at least 90 per cent of the colours are OK for printing.

Wevez Women's Ats Tribal Dip Dye 25 Yard Skirt Free Size Black/Red/Maroon
Wevez Women's Ats Tribal Dip Dye 25 Yard Skirt Free Size Black/Red/Maroon
Offered by Store333

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful skirt, 30 Jun. 2016
A wonderful skirt, very full. Needs something under it, as it's not completely opaque. So far I have washed it once on a 30 degree cycle with black items. It has faded slightly, especially the burgundy dye., so I would avoid washing it more than you have to (of course, if you are a millionaire you could try dry cleaning it like the label suggests!) However, it certainly isn't ruined completely by washing it. Fits just about anyone: very comfortable on me (UK size 22) and I reckon the waistband could probably stretch to another 6 inches, at least. Very flared right from the waistband, so unlike some 'one size' skirts it isn't tight on your belly if you are plus size. I'm 5'4" and it's just above my ankles when worn at my natural waist.

30 TOP QUICKSTEPS
30 TOP QUICKSTEPS
Offered by wrdmusic

4.0 out of 5 stars and fun to listen to, 30 Jun. 2016
This review is from: 30 TOP QUICKSTEPS (Audio CD)
Songs recorded for dancing schools: strict time and no fancy arrangements. Does what it sets out to do, and fun to listen to.

Swanley Village Nursery 3 X Raspberry Canes Autumn Bliss Bare Rooted
Swanley Village Nursery 3 X Raspberry Canes Autumn Bliss Bare Rooted

1.0 out of 5 stars Three. Not a difficult concept. Except to this seller, apparently., 15 April 2016
The listing was for three raspberry plants. Three. You know, two and then one more? It's not a difficult concept. Most 2 year olds have grasped it.

I ordered three raspberry canes. The reason isn't rocket science either; in my very small garden I have room for exactly three of them at recommended planting distances. I did not get what I ordered, hence the bad review score. I got four canes. Admittedly I could just have chucked one in the bin, but that doesn't alter the fact I didn't get what I ordered, which is not acceptable. And if the seller can't even count to three how can I be confident he's sent the right product at all?

Edited June 30th: all four plants have taken and each has produced one cane this year. All four are now coming into flower, which bodes well.

Gardening Myths and Misconceptions (Wise words)
Gardening Myths and Misconceptions (Wise words)

3.0 out of 5 stars that being lazy in the garden is actually a better way to grow vegetables than hard work, 15 April 2016
I guess there has to be money in writing what people want to hear. In this case, that being lazy in the garden is actually a better way to grow vegetables than hard work, and so a Good Thing After All. This book puts forward the idea that not bothering to dig your garden, just chucking a blanket of several INCHES of expensive mulches on top of the whole thing every year is the way to go (he doesn't explain what happens after 30 years... presumably your garden is now level with your upstairs windows...)

Personally I don't believe him. That's why I'm so exhausted right now from double digging heavy clay that hasn't been dug in 50 years...

Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer
Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer

5.0 out of 5 stars A good basic tool, 26 Mar. 2016
I bought this to replace a twenty year old one which was essentially the same product from the same manufacturer, with only tiny differences. The old one worked extremely well, and so far this one has also been excellent. It is a good-value, basic whisk, which I find whips cream or eggs very well and makes good mayonnaise. It is not massively high powered; I haven't tried it, but I doubt it could be used to mix a stiff dough. It is easy to use, with the switch (which is also the speed selector) and button to remove the blades in a good place, where they can be operated with the hand holding the device. The lead is around five and a half feet long: I mention this because there seems to be a tendency on modern appliances to try to save money by shortening the leads, in many cases to a length that they won't reach kitchen sockets!) This one is OK on that front.

The original, twenty-year old one failed because the plastic clips holding the removable blades became brittle over time and eventually shattered; I do not, of course, know if this updated version has the same failing.

Left behind: A Novel of the Earth's Last Days
Left behind: A Novel of the Earth's Last Days
by Jerry B. Jenkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and enjoyable premise for a book, but not very well written, 26 Mar. 2016
I bought the book because I found the premise an interesting one for a piece of speculative fiction (even though I am not myself a Christian). I found it reasonably enjoyable, but can't really recommend it for two reasons. The first is that it is basically serving the same purpose as a pilot episode of a TV series: setting up the regular characters and the situation, ready for the many sequels to follow. Therefore it doesn't really have an ending in the conventional sense, just stopping after an important event predicted in Revelation.

Second, it isn't terribly well written, in the sense in which it might be judged in a creative writing class. The main failing is that on a number of occasions there are LONG passages of direct speech, in which a character tells someone a number of things which the READER already knows, and which are therefore not good writing technique. Another thing for which I expect the author might be criticised in a class is a failure to SELECT material; he finds it necessary to tell us everything that happens to the characters on the days in question.

That being said. I rather enjoyed it and intend to buy the next one at some point to find out what happens next.

The Ultimate Alphabet
The Ultimate Alphabet
by Mike Wilks

5.0 out of 5 stars it is great fun. Note that an edition with the answers ..., 26 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Ultimate Alphabet (Hardcover)
This book was a massive craze back in the 1980s. It consists of 26 pictures, one for each letter of the alphabet. The viewer is set the challenge of spotting as many objects or actions beginning with that letter of the alphabet as possible. As second hand copies in reasonable condition can be obtained relatively cheaply, I have bought several to use as a house-party parlour game; it is great fun. Note that an edition with the answers in is also available second hand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8