Profile for Mr. A. J. W. Rae > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. J. W. Rae

Mr. A. J. W. Rae "Sam" (Somerset)

Frost / Nixon [DVD] [2008]
Frost / Nixon [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Michael Sheen
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, One of the best i have seen in a long time., 18 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Frost / Nixon [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I have to say when i started to watch this film, i had mixed feelings over it, but about 10 mins into the film. I was truly enthralled by the frantasic acting. The film is very enteraining but does require some patience.

Myrren's Gift: The Quickening Book One
Myrren's Gift: The Quickening Book One
by Fiona McIntosh

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 22 April 2009
I'm often scared off by heavy fantasy, so I'd taken to bypassing the whole section in my bookshop and on Amazon. However, one fateful day in September, my best friend brought in this very book.
The cover and the synopsis fascinated me from first glance, and I immediately begged to borrow her book.
Quite simply, I found the plot addictive, the characters addictive, and her writing style addictive. The characters and the settings seem, to me, more realistic than the ones you usually find in this genre; I know this is `Fantasy' but I think sometimes the characters' in some books, their core personalities are way off the mark. The fact that her characters do not agonize for paragraphs on one tiny decision, or weren't steadfast and stubborn in their way of thinking enraptured me, and saved me from the boredom that these books can so often enforce on you.
Fiona McIntosh also cleverly constructs her plotlines with just enough give, and just enough take. The plot is neither obvious, nor irritatingly distant, and because you are flown across the distant land and a frantic pace, it makes you want to read at a frantic pace too.
So, let me just divulge to you, that I've avidly devoured every single one of her books, and found that every single one is brilliantly addictive.