Profile for SilentSinger > Reviews

Content by SilentSinger
Top Reviewer Ranking: 783

SilentSinger "Wife, mother, reader. Preferred genres include psychological fact and fiction, comedy and (auto)biography." (London)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SUNNOW Punk Fiver-pointed Star Circle Rings Leather Bracelet Wristband Men/ Women
Offered by SUNNOW®

4.0 out of 5 stars Punk Five-Pointed Five Circle Leather Cuff, 5 July 2016
I am currently wearing this product, as I like a bit of leather on my person(!) It's very much as pictured, although the decorative star ring band is slightly longer than the main cuff and it protrudes rather a lot. That said, a very fair price and the shipping from China wasn't *that* slow either.

Recommended.

Wooden TV Table, 38.5 x 48.5 x 65 cm, Natural Wood
Wooden TV Table, 38.5 x 48.5 x 65 cm, Natural Wood

4.0 out of 5 stars Wooden TV Table, 5 July 2016
I purchased this to replace the plastic and metal jobbie I had. Unfortunately it's not adjustable and I find it far too high to eat my TV dinner off of. Saying that, it's well priced and seems quite sturdy so far - I use it as an occasional table. Until it snaps, taking my possessions with it, I'll continue to be impressed by this natty, foldable piece of furniture.

Digital Coin Counter Jar - Money Saving/Storage Box Counts Coins LCD Display
Digital Coin Counter Jar - Money Saving/Storage Box Counts Coins LCD Display
Offered by The Virtual Agent

3.0 out of 5 stars Digital Coin Counter Jar, 5 July 2016
I bought this as a moneybox for my young son, who's keen to count up his pocket money. It's a great idea, but it's really physically difficult to actually shove the coins into the slot, which isn't particularly great if you're buying this as a gift for a young person. I like the concept, but who knows how long it'll last?

Scotch C38 19 mm x 8.89 m Dispenser and Tape 810 - Fuchsia
Scotch C38 19 mm x 8.89 m Dispenser and Tape 810 - Fuchsia

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M Scotch Tape Dispenser - Pink, 5 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely little item - we used to have a specific Scotch Tape dispenser a few years ago, but it disappeared (as much does) during a move. The colour is extremely vibrant - a purply pink if you please? The construction is smooth plastic and the smooth spool mechanism makes changing the roll very simple indeed. It's weighted by some sand in the base, plus there are two non-slip feet on the bottom, so it won't slide across a smooth desk whilst the user is trying to extract some tape.

What else can I say? Well, it looks good, the price is very reasonable and it does the job well - therefore it's receives a 'recommended' in my book.

Baylis & Harding Mum to Bee Treat Me Travel Bag Set
Baylis & Harding Mum to Bee Treat Me Travel Bag Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Bayliss and Harding Mum To Bee Gift Set, 2 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a confession to make: I'm not a mum to be as I've bee(n) there and done that nine years ago. That said, I reckon that I would have appreciated this set when I was pregnant. I suppose it's aimed at mums packing their hospital bag?

It consists of 50ml of body cleanser, 100ml of cream wash, 50ml of hand and body lotion and 100ml of bath milk - all of which are enriched with honey and almond. The scent is lovely and subtle for all of the products. I note that all of the components fit the requirements for airline travel, plus they're a perfect size for putting in your overnight bag. The transparent bag is also reusable, which is great.

In conclusion: a lovely little set and an ideal gift (well, just as long as the receiver, if not currently pregnant, believes you to be making a comment on their girth ...)

Scotch Crystal Strong Tape, Dispensered Roll, 19mm x 25m  - 1 roll
Scotch Crystal Strong Tape, Dispensered Roll, 19mm x 25m - 1 roll

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M Scotch Tape Dispenser, 2 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really rate Scotch Tape over the cheaper adhesive tapes on the market. This small dispenser is perfectly portable and therefore ideal for using when wrapping gifts or undertaking craft activities. It could be also used by a slightly older child, as the plastic serrated edge shouldn't pose a problem.

My only slight niggle is that the plastic casing cannot be re-used, so there's a waste issue there. Otherwise: great.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Post-it 152 x 102 mm Large Note Pad - Canary Yellow (Pack of 6)
Post-it 152 x 102 mm Large Note Pad - Canary Yellow (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Post-It Notes - 102 x 152, 2 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really useful size for making lists and sticking them to the fridge/cupboards etc. I am also increasingly using them to plot out my short stories. The six pack makes it fantastic value - recommended.

Scotch 25.4mm x 25.4mm Restickable Dots (Pack of 18)
Scotch 25.4mm x 25.4mm Restickable Dots (Pack of 18)

2.0 out of 5 stars Scotch Restickable Dots, 2 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tested this product on my son's school photograph, which is A5 sized. I did find the process of removing the backing sheet rather tricky because it was so small and fiddly - I really think that people who have dexterity or eyesight issues would really struggle. It holds fairly well and is a good alternative to Blu Tack.

As I am writing this review, one of the pad has become unstuck from the underside of the photograph and now my son's face is grinning in a lopsided way from the wall. Hmm, that's not great isn't it?

So, no I cannot recommend this product. It's a great idea, hence the two stars, but it just isn't fit for purpose.

Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Rey Action Figure
Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Rey Action Figure
Offered by sws_store

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Rey Figurine, 29 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The character of Rey will be familiar to those who have seen the 2015 re-boot of the Star Wars franchise: namely 'The Force Awakens'. It's always great to see a kick ass female in a film!

Right, so - the figurine itself. Rey is just under 4in tall or about 8.5cm, so she's not enormous. She has jointed hips, legs and her neck can be swivelled through 360 degrees. Her fists are both gripped to be able to grasp the included weapons, which comprise of: a gun, a crossbow and of course, the requisite light sabre.

This Rey figure is aimed at children aged 4+. I really don't agree with this as the parts, especially the gun, are far too small for children to handle. I'd suggest 6+ instead. I also wonder how resilient it'll be in a child's hand and reckon that this will take pride of place in any teenage/adult nerd's collection.

Rapesco 19 mm Mini Foldback Paper Clips with 75 sheet Capacity - Assorted Colours, Pack of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Coloured Foldback Clips, 29 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pack of ten 19mm foldback clips, presented in yellow, blue, orange, green and pink. These clips are really handy for securing sheaves of paper together and the different colours enable the user to categorise things accordingly.

A great price for a really useful product. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20