Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Faversham, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood Book 1)
Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 1 Jun. 2017
I really enjoyed this book and found it hard to put down. I have now got the next two books in the series to read.

Half-Shell Prophecies: Book 3 (Among the Mythos)
Half-Shell Prophecies: Book 3 (Among the Mythos)
by Ruthanne Reid

5.0 out of 5 stars A strong woman with a wry sense of humour battles fantastic beings through magical worlds, 3 Mar. 2017
I really enjoyed reading this book. Katie Lin is a really spunky modern heroine. She has eschewed her magical heritage for lots of reasons, some of which become apparent during the course of this story. She is trying to make her own way in the world of humans and doing a pretty good job of it until Cassandra's spirit confined to a half-shell begins to prophesy about her. Unfortunately now that Cassandra is dead she is as enigmatic as expected but now everyone believes her. Katies situation becomes dire and we are introduced to an amazing variety of magical beings, some helpful, but most out to get Katie. Being an independent woman Katie realises that she must 'save her own damn self' which she goes on to do along with the whole world. I love Katie's humour and comments on the events.
The book is probably aimed at young adults but although I am well outside that age group I thoroughly recommend it to everyone that enjoys the hidden magical world.

Ragnarok: I Bring the Fire Part VI (Loki Vowed Asgard Would Burn)
Ragnarok: I Bring the Fire Part VI (Loki Vowed Asgard Would Burn)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, 6 April 2016
I really enjoyed the whole of this series. It seamlesly weaves a modern element into the myths of the past and gives them new meaning.

Fates : I Bring the Fire Part IV: The Hunt for Loki is On
Fates : I Bring the Fire Part IV: The Hunt for Loki is On

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping series, 29 Mar. 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole of this series. Could not stop reading. I love tales of the old gods and this gives a fantastic modern twist to the old stories while narrating the old ones.

The Sworn Sword (A Game of Thrones) (The Hedge Knight (A Game of Thrones))
The Sworn Sword (A Game of Thrones) (The Hedge Knight (A Game of Thrones))

4.0 out of 5 stars Read this on a tablet, 3 Dec. 2015
If, like me, you do most of your reading on a Kindle but also have a colour tablet (mine is an ipad mini) it is really worth reading these graphic novels on the ipad. I did not try to read them on the Kindle because most of the joy in this is in the colours of the pictures. The Kindle reading app that I have on the ipad allows you to click on each element of the page which is then enlarged and 'flicking' passes you on to the next element. This is a much simpler tale than Game of Thrones etc but beautiful to scroll through.

A Fine and Bitter Snow (A Kate Shugak Investigation Book 12)
A Fine and Bitter Snow (A Kate Shugak Investigation Book 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY these or miss out on a fantastic heroine., 13 Nov. 2015
Kate Sugak is one of my very favourite protagonists. I paid for this book some years back and would gladly pay for a new one in the series. If you are at all interested in life in Alaska or enjoy the solving of mysteries I strongly recommend that you buy everyone of this series that is on special offer with Amazon today.

Shadow Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 7) (The Chronicles Of Ixia Series)
Shadow Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 7) (The Chronicles Of Ixia Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another promising beginning in the series, 26 May 2015
I really enjoyed both the previous trilogies. Anxiously waiting to find out what is up with the commander..

The Slow Regard of Silent Things: A Kingkiller Chronicle Novella (Kingkiller Chonicles)

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly beautiful, 6 Dec. 2014
PR explains from the beginning that this is not a conventional story but it is beautiful and enchanting. It is more a like a song or a poem and as full of mystery as Auri is. Strange as she may be I know people like for whom everything has to be 'right' and in its place. I wrote more but have deleted it. No spoilers make your own conclusions - it is worth it. Having listened to the two volumes of the king killer chronicles available to date. I love Qvoth and Auri like my dearest friends. I have the king killer chronicles available to read later but this book I had to dip into immediately. Just to recheck some of the phrases and the pictures are wonderful and beautifully atmospheric.

Afterlife (Afterlife Saga Book 1)
Afterlife (Afterlife Saga Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 27 Oct. 2014
Ok. I read all the reviews and I quite like a paranormal romance and I have not problem with a little sex. I have, however, to agree with bookworm 2244 and SarahJayne. I find this kind of sex more masochistic - almost rape and not pleasant to read about at all. I also find the prose rather poorly written with unfinished scentences and really strange phraseology. It obviously hits the spot with some people - it might be helpful to have ages and nationality of reviewers. Perhaps American teenagers speak like this - I don't think English ones do and if you want to emphasise the immortals ability to speak multiple languages stick to one or two and don't translate them for us every time. If someone wants to say something I don't understand I still don't care to be spoken down to in parenthesis. Give me the credit of understanding or being able to find out if necessary.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2015 9:26 AM BST

5ml Empty Plastic Cosmetic Jars x 50 CLEAR with WHITE Lids for Creams/Sample/Make-Up/Glitter Storage
Offered by Body Art Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little jars, 15 Oct. 2014
If you want small empty plastic jars - these are fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4