Profile for Woodwrough > Reviews

Woodwrough

Shamblemaths
Shamblemaths

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for prog fans, 27 May 2016
This review is from: Shamblemaths (Audio CD)
Great album, full of the proggiest prog there's been for years. Great packaging too.

English Electric (Deluxe)
English Electric (Deluxe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply superb, 2 May 2013
This is a fantastic album that will appeal to fans of both 80's and 90's OMD. It grows with each listen and has pop sensibilities balanced perfectly with experimental synth work. The production values are top notch: the ideas are expressed vividly at just the right level of volume without descending into modern-day over compression. And anyone who claims to be an OMD fan who doesn't break into a broad grin after the first 4 bars of Dresden needs to have their ears syringed. After this album, OMD have gone onto my "must buy" list: here's to the next one!

alt.prog.rock
alt.prog.rock

3.0 out of 5 stars Relentless psychedelic space rock, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: alt.prog.rock (MP3 Download)
Think Hawkwind crossed with Eat Static. On the whole, I like this album, but I must admit I could have done with some variation in tempo and rhythmic structure. It's 60+ mins of driving, relentless psychedelic space rock spread over 5 tracks, most of which are 15 mins+. I like it, I do, but because of the lack of variation I knocked a star off! Still: I'm very pleased with the purchase.

The Black Chord
The Black Chord

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb album, 11 July 2012
This review is from: The Black Chord (Audio CD)
Another superb album from the new masters of prog. This second collection takes us to places familiar from the previous "The Weirding", but with a different tone and pulse. Can't wait for a third ....

Schleich Tyrannosaurus
Schleich Tyrannosaurus
Offered by inandout-distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Great model, 6 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Schleich Tyrannosaurus (Toy)
My 4 year old daughter loves her new T Rex: it's so detailed and realistic. And its educational value is high too, as we can now compare the sizes of other Schleich 1:40 scale dinosaurs in our collection and get an idea of their comparative sizes.

Orblivion
Orblivion

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 13 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Orblivion (Audio CD)
Superb set all round. I love the original album, and the extra remix disk is a perfect addition. Great value or money

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars HP F2480 drinks ink, 13 Oct. 2010
I have no beef with the supplier who sold me the inks - they were fine. I'm annoyed by the way the HP F2480 drinks ink. It took 13 A4 photo quality prints to drain the colour cartridge. This works out at over £1 per print, not including paper. The high quaility print setting produces good results, which is why I use it. The lower quality print settings are too rough to be worthwhile.

If you are reading this review in order to decide whether you would like the HP F2480 or not, then be warned about the rate it uses ink! If you are made of money, then you'll be OK. I'm not. Hence, I am not completely pleased with this product when taken in combination with the printer it's used with.