Profile for Germ > Reviews

Le Tigre
Le Tigre
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Pseudo feminists..., 20 Mar. 2001
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
...no, I don't know what the fuck that means either, but that's what a heckler at a Le Tigre show I was at last year thinks of them. As for me, I think they're stunning. Kathleen Hanna can do no wrong, this is my favourite album of 1999, and a perfect way to finish off the decade. Forget "nu metal," forget manufactured boy bands, this is the future of music.

From the Desk of Mr Lady
From the Desk of Mr Lady

5.0 out of 5 stars Ms. Hanna and friends do it again, 20 Mar. 2001
Le Tigre follow up on their breathtaking 1999 debut with this EP - a collection of new songs, B-sides, and a remix. For those who have never heard Le Tigre's particular brand of electro-punk feminism, you're in for a treat. The rest of you - well, you know what to expect. Never make the mistake of thinking you've got Le Tigre pinned down to a single musical genre - these girls defy categorisation. "Get Off The Internet" is the kind of catchy pop song that made me fall in love with them in the first place, similar in style to "My My Metrocard." "Bang! Bang!" is a blast of punk rage directed at the NYPD, and Mr. Giuliani in particular ("Who gave them the f**king right, to run around like they own the night"). The gunfire and screaming in the background of the song is enough to send shivers down your back, and it ends with them slowly counting to 41 (the number of times Amadou Diallo was shot at). An extremely powerful and angry song. "They Want Us To Make A Symphony Out Of The Sound Of Women Swallowing Their Own Tongues" has to be the BEST title for a song ever, and is probably the oddest song I've heard - once you hear it you'll know what I mean. Anyway, don't take my word for it, this CD is another masterpiece, buy it now!

All Hands on the Bad One
All Hands on the Bad One

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 20 Mar. 2001
Sleater-Kinney just get better and better. That`s really all I have to say, this record is simply stunning. I didn't think they could improve on 1997's "Dig Me Out," but they've done so - for me, AHOTBO is the best album of 2000, let's hope these three ladies have plenty more like this up their collective sleeve.