Profile for Rose > Reviews

Content by Rose

Rose (South Africa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Bhagavad Gita (Classic of Indian Spirituality)
The Bhagavad Gita (Classic of Indian Spirituality)
by Eknath Easwaran

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 17 July 2015
This is a very interesting book. It is good to learn of the spiritual teachings of India and is presented in a very easily understood manner.

I Just Love A 50s Summer Party
I Just Love A 50s Summer Party
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable, 17 July 2015
Most enjoyable. I wish I had these DVDs when I was a teenager and could have used them for my birthday parties! I really enjoy these compilations of the music of my youth. I am also pleased that they are still available. Thank you all.

In Search Of The Dark Ages [DVD]
In Search Of The Dark Ages [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, educational, comprehensive, 17 July 2015
This is a very interesting and comprehensive DVD on The Dark Ages. It is well researched and the presentation is very pleasant. I always enjoy Michael Wood's documentaries. This one was made some time ago, therefore there isn't the high definition that we are used to today, but this does not detract from the quality of what is presented.

Stars of The Musicals: The Greatest Musical Songs
Stars of The Musicals: The Greatest Musical Songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Musicals, 28 Jun. 2015
I have always loved the Musicals. The collection of songs, musicals and artists on these CDs is excellent and promises a good listening experience. Most of the words to the songs are very familiar - a lovely sing-a-long while doing the chores and also for pleasant relaxation! Thank you.

The Very Best Of Roy Orbison
The Very Best Of Roy Orbison

5.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of entertaining songs, 27 Jun. 2015
I really enjoyed this CD of excellent entertaining music. Roy Orbison was a great musician and song writer with an easy listening voice. I am so grateful that this music is still available. Thank you Amazon for making this possible.

Elvis: 2nd To None
Elvis: 2nd To None

5.0 out of 5 stars Such enjoyable entertainment, 26 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
As with his 30 Number 1 Hits, this one, 2nd To One, is also highly enjoyable entertainment. It also gave the feeling of attending a live show. These two CDs have made me realise, after all these years, what a wonderful, versatile artist and entertainer he was. Thoroughly enjoyed the selection of hits on this album. Highly recommended to the teenagers of the fifties and sixties.

Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits
Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure entertainment, 26 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
This CD is pure entertainment! It's as if one is in the audience of one of his shows! There is a majority of easy listening songs with some of the real rock tunes. So enjoyable, I could play this one over and over, in the car, while doing the chores or even a relaxing evening. Highly recommended to the teenagers of the fifties and sixties!

s.Oliver Women's Short Sleeve Dress -  Beige - Beige (daisy 8018) - 18
s.Oliver Women's Short Sleeve Dress - Beige - Beige (daisy 8018) - 18

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 26 Jun. 2015
I am a bit disappointed with this dress. The actual style is lovely, but the material is a single knit T shirt material and while the top of the dress fits beautifully, the skirt part is a bit clingy. The style has dolman type sleeves and does not allow enough material for a loose fitting lower portion. I am not able to return the item as I live in South Africa and the cost of returning it is too much.

Inside The Commons [DVD]
Inside The Commons [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Cockerell
Offered by The Canny Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite amazing!, 16 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Inside The Commons [DVD] (DVD)
Amazing and educational. I had no idea of how parliament operates. I thought that it was a much more serious and polite business! The documentary has been quite an eye-opener for me! It is just a pity that the beautiful parliament building is in such a state of disrepair. I only hope that the repair costs can be met.

Cybercrimes with Ben Hammersley [DVD]
Cybercrimes with Ben Hammersley [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 13 Jun. 2015
This is an extremely informative, well researched documentary. It is one that we all need to know about, as cybercrime is a major threat in our modern society, from highly organized business to the ordinary person on the street. I am sure that most of us have been affected in some way, but I am very grateful for a documentary of this nature, showing us how very intelligent these criminals are. I am also grateful that there are equally intelligent individuals who are able to counteract this crime and inform us how to be aware of what in going on in the IT world and protect ourselves from its impact. Thank you so much for this information.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20