Profile for Mrs T > Reviews

Content by Mrs T

Mrs T "Mrs T" (Nottingham, UK)

A Girl Called Jack: 100 delicious budget recipes
A Girl Called Jack: 100 delicious budget recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars The best budget cookbook I've read, 17 Mar. 2014
I'm a stay at home mum, with picky kids, a meat loving husband and little money. Who is also trying to lose weight. I wasn't sure about buying this book at first, worrying that it wouldn't compliment my weight loss plan. I'm glad I ignored myself! The first thing that struck me was Jack's simplistic guide to shopping. I have followed these guidelines to make a perpetual list that I can refer to whenever I need to. Her recipes are adaptable, if I don't have an ingredient I simply use something I have. Unlike Jamie's latest pile of tosh and good ole Economy Gastronomy, Jack's recipes are very affordable. So cheap to make! They are also very healthy and low fat. I have lost a stone and have been cooking purely from this recipe book since its launch.

My kids love the meals I'm producing. Hubby is eating much less meat. I'm saving time and money! Thank you Jack Monroe for this fantastic book. Worth every penny (especially since it has shaved more than its cost off my grocery bills!)

If You Lived Here, You'd Be Perfect By Now: The Unofficial Guide to Sweet Valley High

5.0 out of 5 stars funny stuff, 19 Dec. 2013
Hilarious, reminds me of many a conversation my friends have had about SVH. Would love to read an SVU sequel!

How to be Rich: The Couple's Guide to a Rich Life Without Worrying About Money
How to be Rich: The Couple's Guide to a Rich Life Without Worrying About Money

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tips, 18 Dec. 2013
Cute little book, using a young couple's story to offer sensible financial advice. The advice was sound and clear (more relevant to the US audience) and the storyline was a clear warning against aspiring to keep up with the Jones.

Mr. H.I.V.
Mr. H.I.V.

2.0 out of 5 stars Female?, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Mr. H.I.V. (Kindle Edition)
I liked the concept of this book, but the way in which it was written made it so very difficult to enjoy. The author's use of the word female rather than woman. At first I thought it was merely representing the misogyny of the protagonist, however the counsellor began using the same term. The author had obviously researched the topic well, but I think the secondary characters need work.

Pretty Twisted
Pretty Twisted

4.0 out of 5 stars Aimed at teens, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Pretty Twisted (Kindle Edition)
I'd not really read the info on this book, just after a good f2f thriller. This book is for teens probably about 16-18. I'd recommend it to teens, but adults may find it a little tame for a thriller.

Wrong Kind of Girl (Sweet Valley High)
Wrong Kind of Girl (Sweet Valley High)
by Kate William

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't take life too seriously!!!, 1 July 2004
This book is great fun for those who just want to read a good book for pleasure. It's not meant to be taken as a life lesson for todays young woman and of course is outdated now as the series began in the early 80s. I'd ignore the heavy criticisms from the other reviewer. Anyone reading this book would easily realise that it isn't a guide for how to live in todays society!!!!

Valley Of The Dolls (VMC)
Valley Of The Dolls (VMC)
by Jacqueline Susann

5.0 out of 5 stars It kept me up all night!, 16 Mar. 2004
What an amazing book! Valley of the Dolls deals with such sensitive issues without glamourising them. The characters are easy to relate to and the book cannot be put down. I fully enjoyed reading it.

America's Sweetheart
America's Sweetheart
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtney does it again, 19 Feb. 2004
This review is from: America's Sweetheart (Audio CD)
Upon buying America's Sweetheart, I was a little apprehensive, having been a Hole fan since the tender age of 14. I was not let down in any way. America's Sweetheart has all the right components for a truely classic album. Mono, the debut single, is every rock girl's anthem with the line ...give me one more song, so I can prove to you that I'm so much better than him... and a really great sound. I'll Do Anything has a real raw passion to it, a real uplifter. Sunset Strip is such a feel good song, reminiscent of Hole's Celebrity Skin Los Angeles sound. Almost Golden is absolutely beautiful and my friend's favourite song on the album.
The inlay artwork is stunning and Courtney Love's website [...] is packed full of news and updates for the dedicated fan.
Those who were Hole fans, I'd buy it. Those who weren't but want to try something new, buy it!