Profile for mark byrom > Reviews

Good Things
Good Things
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars You deserve a $ for this one!, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
I don't know where I have been for the last 3 years to have missed this gem of an album . However I am catching up very fast ! I need a $ is an amazing track and deserves 5 * on its own and there are some clever lyrical adventures here with Miss Fortune and Loving you is killing me. But the stand out track and overtly tearjerking climax of Mama hold my hand had me shedding a tear as I drove my Transit van around town the first time I heard it. Beautiful song!

Open Road
Open Road
Offered by Giant Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Playing catch up...., 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Open Road (Audio CD)
I recently watched a tv documentary about our dear Gary and had forgotten about all the pain he went through when he went solo all those years ago. I felt I owed it to him to revisit this album.......I reasonably enjoyed it looking back but it was no classic.

head or heart
head or heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album........, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: head or heart (Audio CD)
Really enjoyed this album, bought at the same time as her first album and it shows a big improvement for me. The runaway track is Human which leaves me in a quivering wreck every time I hear it , She has a quite amazing voice and the production shows all the emotions without any holds barred .

Lift Your Spirit
Lift Your Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Voice, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Lift Your Spirit (Audio CD)
Really loved this album , just heard about this guy and bought this and his former album at the same time. This one shows more maturity and is a great collection of songs to drive to !

Symphonica
Symphonica

4.0 out of 5 stars His voice just gets better......., 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Symphonica (Audio CD)
The live recording of all these classics sounds very fresh . Very enjoyable collection of safe songs but will probably not win over any new fans.

Since I Saw You Last
Since I Saw You Last

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality music and lyrics, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Since I Saw You Last (Audio CD)
I didn't want to like this album , it looked like it was cashing in on X factor appearances and plugging a gap after the revived success of Take That, but........ I love it ! It has great melodies which will have you humming away for the rest of the day, the lyrics are poignant and thought provoking ......altogether the perfect pop album.

The Power of Love
The Power of Love
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut for a fab voice, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Power of Love (Audio CD)
Really enjoyed this album, and thankfully it came out much quicker than the usual X factor winners one does!
Good choice of classic ballads, but will be interesting to see what she comes out with on her next outing.

Both Sides Now
Both Sides Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album of an interesting mix of songs, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Both Sides Now (Audio CD)
Tremendous jazz voice of Joni Mitchell was quite a surprise to me, based on previous knowledge of the singer. The highpoint of this album , the track ' A case of you' with the immortal lines
I could drink a case of you darling
Still I'd be on my feet
Loved it and I implore you to try it out you wont be disappointed!

DREAM A LITTLE DREAM
DREAM A LITTLE DREAM

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing compared to previous offerings, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: DREAM A LITTLE DREAM (Audio CD)
A pleasant album but too much emphasis on the Von Trapps who are undoubtedly talented but a little tame compared to the usual Pink Martini albums which were all 5 star.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2014 8:18 PM BST

Liquid Spirit
Liquid Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jazz/soul album., 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Liquid Spirit (Audio CD)
I loved his previous album and this carries on the good work , what a special voice to listen to.

Page: 1 | 2