Profile for Petra > Reviews

Content by Petra

Petra

Janisramone Women Over Size 2 in 1 Chiffon Ladies Blouse Batwing Tops Size UK 8-20
Offered by Easy buyy

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but..., 27 Aug. 2016
The top itself is well made and very good value, however I found it to be on the short side (I'm 5'8"). I would have also liked it a bit more oversized, as had issues getting it over my shoulders.

Sirdar (Hayfield) Bonus Aran Wool Knitting Yarn Ginger 762 - per 400g ball
Sirdar (Hayfield) Bonus Aran Wool Knitting Yarn Ginger 762 - per 400g ball
Offered by Shirley Wools Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars That was quick!, 5 Jan. 2016
I have received my order within two days, and was really pleased with it - even if the colour isn't as bright as in the photo, it's still a good match, and the delivery was prompt.

Dream Charms and Silver Jewellery Hedgehog Clip Charm
Dream Charms and Silver Jewellery Hedgehog Clip Charm

4.0 out of 5 stars cute, 20 Nov. 2013
I have ordered this charm less than 48 hours ago, and it was put through my letterbox just now, six days before the quoted delivery day! I am impressed with this, sad as I may be.
Apart from the speed of delivery, I am also quite impressed with the care that went into packaging, which can be tricky when we are talking about a tiny thing without a box...

The charm itself is utterly adorable, and though the painting of the apple is slightly flawed, I love it. This little fellow will adore various things from necklaces and bracelets to the zipper on my handbag... Can't wait to show him off... :-)

Mrs Brown's Boys - Series 2 [DVD] [2012]
Mrs Brown's Boys - Series 2 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Brendan O'Carroll
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Really? Need introduction?, 10 Sept. 2013
I have seen this many, many times. Still howling with laughter each and every time. Brilliant. (Need I remind anyone of Buster's encounter with the horny lion...?)

The Virgin Queen's Daughter
The Virgin Queen's Daughter
by Ella March Chase

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, my...!, 10 Sept. 2013
Finished this book in one night. Excellent story-telling, easy to read, and pretty much impossible to put down - I just wanted to know what comes next.... Brilliant.

The Kingmaker's Daughter (COUSINS' WAR)
The Kingmaker's Daughter (COUSINS' WAR)
by Philippa Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, my...!, 9 April 2013
Philippa Gregory has not disappointed. I have been reading the book during my commute to and from work, and my journeys through groggy, gray and cold West London have been transformed into royal courts and open fields...

The story gives a much disputed point of view on Richard III, whom the average person only knows as a mad, bloodthirsty warrior - Philippa Gregory had always believed this to be just imagination, and she has painted a wonderful image of the king (the truth, as always must be somewhere in the middle, as always, but it has been very refreshing to be able to see the other side of the story - it is also necessary for the modern girl to lose herself in worlds long gone, and learn to awaken the princess inside).

USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Weight Control Meal Replacement Shake Powder, Vanilla - 1 kg
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars *****, 2 Feb. 2013
I was never very good at eating breakfast, and my metabolism had been suffering for the last year and a bit... This did not change when I started to follow a low carb diet (NHS approved), as I still don't like having breakfast... I do however like my milkshakes, and thought I can give this one a go, as it is high in protein and fibre (i.e. good for starting up the metabolism), and with a bit of cheating (2 tsp of flax seed) it's only affecting my daily carb intake minimally.
I had been expecting powdery textures and plastic flavours, so I consequently was rather pleasantly surprised to find none of either. The mix is smooth, and has a comforting, natural flavour... And it's a gorgeous thick consistency. And I mean thick. Even I, the biggest shake fan in the world, have to add more water than recommended, or else I have to spoon my "drink" from the shaker... (No, I did not put more powder in the shaker than I was supposed to.)Yum. Oh, and I have one of these shakes before I start work, and I can quite happily stay satiated until lunch, whereas I used to munch my way through the morning from about 10-10:30am... And I've lost about 6kgs in a month (to the British, it's about a stone). Fab. Will definitely get more of this. (Ordered strawberry flavour now, to try for taste. After all, variety is the spice of life.) :)

Life Below Stairs: True Lives of Edwardian Servants
Life Below Stairs: True Lives of Edwardian Servants
by Alison Maloney

4.0 out of 5 stars review, 14 Feb. 2012
A rather charming account of life in the early 20th century. As I have an interest in the topic, I have been looking forward reading it, and I was not disappointed. The topics within the books are easy to read and understand, and the memoirs of former "below stairs" staff makes the book all the more personal. The book would be a good starting point to anyone wanting to learn more about life in the Edwardian era, as well as the roots of some British traditions. Heartily recommended.