Profile for Petras bargain hunt > Reviews

Content by Petras bargain...

Petras bargain hunt (West Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
20pcs Thin Guitar Picks 0.46mm / 0.71mm (0.71mm)
20pcs Thin Guitar Picks 0.46mm / 0.71mm (0.71mm)
Offered by QING SUN

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy if you are not in a rush, 11 April 2017
Good low budget picks in a nice selection of colours. If you don't need them urgently, go for them as they are great value for money. They need about 3 weeks to arrive though and my lot had mainly thick picks, not so much thinner ones. But works for me.

Leather Strap Hook for Acoustic Guitar (Black)
Leather Strap Hook for Acoustic Guitar (Black)
Offered by Hellfire Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect for the job, 11 April 2017
Good quality and sturdy strap and as described. Quick dispatched and delivered as well as good value for money. Ordered one for my acoustic guitar and liked it so much I ordered another one for my husbands guitar too. Recommended.

Michael Kors Women's Watch MK6138
Michael Kors Women's Watch MK6138

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice face and very sparkling, 13 Jan. 2016
Gorgeous watch with a lovely mother of pearl dial which shimmers in white, green and purple depending on the light which is actually one of the reasons why I bought it. I wanted a watch with a date as most ladies watches come without and which shows the time easily. I mention this deliberately as ladies watches due to patterns make it sometimes difficult, e.g. my like my Guess animal print watch which I love otherwise too. It was also important for me that it doesn't look too sporty and more than jewelry that I can wear it every day but also on an evening out. Therefore this watch was nearly perfect for me as it's still feminine and very sparkling due to the double row of crystals around the case. Good weight/not flimsy.

The only downside for me and reason to give only 4 stars was the bracelet which is a bit disappointing. Not because of the colour which actually works well with the mother of pearl dial but the blue bits feel a bit "plasticy". I hope they will last and not break as you can't swap the bracelet against any another silver metal bracelet because all designer watches have their own make/design/fittings. I went to several jewelry/watch shops as I wanted to add two more links (I prefer to wear my watches rather loose like a bracelet) or alternatively replace the whole bracelet against a plain silver metal one and was turned down everywhere, except one shop which wanted £40 for just 2 links! Considering that I bought the watch for £100 I find this simply a rip off which I wasn't prepared to pay.

Universal GD42/12 Snap on Door Guard 12-inch - Black
Universal GD42/12 Snap on Door Guard 12-inch - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for protecting the doors, 3 Feb. 2015
As described and quick dispatched as well as reasonable priced. Quickly attached and perfect fit for the car door. Would buy it again.

KONG Shakers Dog Toy, Medium/Large
KONG Shakers Dog Toy, Medium/Large

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not tough as described, 3 Feb. 2015
Bought this for our 1 year old for Christmas as she loves squeaky toys and it was described as tough. Within not even 15 minutes she ripped off the belly to remove the 1st squeaker from the tail and started removing the filling! I am very disappointed as I expected better from a tough toy!!! It would have been lovely as it is really soft and in a nice size and colour but it is a waste of money and rather pricey for not even surviving the 1st hour! I never understood why the toy manufacturers not learned from the past and covered the filling with a tough nylon fabric underneath the cover fur/fabric that the dogs haven't got such an easy access to the filling and squeaker. Otherwise it would have been such a nice toy and the size is perfect for our medium size dog. Although both squeakers are long gone now and I repaired it several times after it was ripped open and lost some filling she still loves it and plays with it. Which makes me repair it every time even I know it is a waste of time. Not impressed and rather disappointing quality!

Moko Samsung Galaxy Note PRO & Tab PRO 12.2 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Galaxy Note PRO (SM-P9000) & Tab PRO (SM-T900 / T905) 12.2 Android Tablet, Floral PURPLE

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, but unsuitable for large tablets, 7 Jan. 2015
Prompt dispatched and delivered by a great seller and as described. Nice slim design and style, perfect fit and all ports accessible. While it will be fine for smaller 7 or 8 inch tablets, it is in my opinion unsuitable for larger tablets like my Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2 as the design is too flimsy and can't support the weight of my large tablet which is one of the reason I returned it for refund.

The other reason for only giving 3 stars is the stand up mechanism which - again - doesn't work for the large 12.2 tablet due to the positioning of the buttons which are horizontally in the centre bottom and not like on the smaller tablets at the side which means if you want to use it slightly angled for writing/gaming/surfing you have to work "upside down" as the buttons will be on top centre of the screen instead of botton centre of the screen and due to the large weight of the tablet is doesn't feel safe in this position at all. Even the vertical stand doesn't feel secure for the heavy tablet although I found it slightly better. But as this tablet is supposed to be used in the horizontal position to make the best out of the large screen it is a bit useless for this particular device.

Otherwise a nice case with soft interior to protect your device and for a smaller 7 or 8 inch tablet it will be a nice alternative to other cases.

Vangoddy Mary Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2-inch Tablet Carrying Case with Sleep Mode and Hand Strap (Black White Zebra)
Offered by bestpricecenterUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish protection and solid quality, 7 Jan. 2015
Great quality and the black/white zebra pattern which I ordered for my white 12.2 inch tablet looks even better than on the picture and feels great too. Perfect fit with all ports accessible and super slim at the same time.

The only negatives for me personally:-

- The hand strap (in all cases) only support holding the device upright although this tablet is supposed to be used in the horizontal position due to the positioning of the buttons and to make the best out of the large screen which makes the strap useless. Due to the weight of the large tablet a strap to hold it horizontally would have been very useful as it is heavy.

- Due to the magnets in the stand up flap you can't use your tablet flat on the table - which I like to do sometimes when I use it on the lap - because when you fold the front cover back the magnets from the stand up flap which are located in the centre will send your tablet in sleeping mode and all the buttons will not work. First I thought my new tablet would be faulty till I figured it out as it only happens when flat, not with the flap standing up, because the flap has two magnets, one in the flap and one in the front cover and only when they are together it sends the tablet in sleeping mode.

- The case hasn't got an upright stand, but this isn't important to me anyway as the 12.2 inch tablet is made for horizontal use.

- I miss an elastic strap or magnet to the front to keep the front cover closed during transport/move.

This is the only reason for returning it and for giving only 4 star rating as it is otherwise a solid case and great quality. After testing other cases I actually re - ordered it again because of the quality of that case. Now that I know the weaknesses I decided I can live with it.

Whaletraders Samsung Galaxy S3 9300 Wallet Case Cover With Free Screen Cover and Stylus (Premium Black Wallet Stand)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - bargain!, 2 Dec. 2014
As described. Perfect fit for Samsung Galaxy S3. Prompt dispatched and fast delivered. Great value for money.

Multicolour Butterfly Car Bike Van Camper Sticker decal
Multicolour Butterfly Car Bike Van Camper Sticker decal
Offered by LightningSigns

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful and uplifting, 3 July 2014
Gorgeous butterflies in 2 great sizes. Lovely colours too. Will be perfect for my new purple car. I have just given only 4 stars because there was no mentioning in the description that they are not suitable for car wash and you have to wash carefully by hand, but I can manage that. Otherwise lovely. Arrived quickly too.

Magnetic Insect Door Screen - White
Magnetic Insect Door Screen - White
Offered by Zoozio Tv

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 3 July 2014
Cheap and fabric not properly lined which causes waves and as a result the magnets don't close properly. Arrived quick, but already stained. Bought a cheaper black one last year which was much better quality and value. Only bought a white one now due to the new white back door. Provided pads don't stick too and the more expensive velcro pads I bought separately stayed, but ripped the fabric during the first breeze. Utterly rubbish and waste of money. Not impressed at all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6