Profile for A. Knibb > Reviews

A. Knibb "satzabul" (uk)

Crystal Deodorant Stick 125 g
Crystal Deodorant Stick 125 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Stinky teenage arm pit cure, 10 Feb. 2015
I had never used a salt rock deodorant before but have to say I am quite happy with it. It isn't actually a deodorant, it has no smell and its not an antiperspirant either. It works simply by stopping the bacteria that create body odour from reproducing and causing a smell. I use this fresh out of the shower and then add body spray and perfume to make me smell nice. It must be used on clean skin and seems to do a great job for up to 48 hours. It has made the world of difference to my teenage sons sweaty arm pits. They should advertise these specifically for mothers of teens, my son hasnt smelled this good since before puberty!

NeilMed NasaMist Spray All-in-One
NeilMed NasaMist Spray All-in-One

5.0 out of 5 stars Best saline spray I have used!, 10 Feb. 2015
I have had to use several brands of saline nasal spray and I have to say this is by far the best! I have only used it once but its a much larger bottle than the sterimar I have previously used. The dosage/size of the spray is determined by the length of time you hold your finger on the spray unlike some of the metered dose pumps. The three tips are useful but I think that the flush tip would use the contents pretty quickly, if that is what you are looking for then a netipot and some sachets would be much better value. I only use the finest mist and it requires the very smallest of sprays to get maximum effect. I will be sticking to this brand from now on!

1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off: Fixed Format Layout
1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off: Fixed Format Layout

4.0 out of 5 stars not a bad read, 24 Aug. 2014
Some very interesting nuggets.
Bits made me laugh, most gave me a good chuckle.
Well worth reading. A good toilet book.

The Book of You
The Book of You
by Claire Kendal

4.0 out of 5 stars A suspenseful page turner, perfect for a quick read., 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Book of You (Hardcover)
I bought this book as I was sick of reading uni set texts and fancied getting back into fiction to break up the monotony. Im glad I made the choice! I found this book to be a perfectly decent way to spend a good few hours when I had spare time. As other reviewers have said, the book is told from a few different view points. First person past tense and second person present tense. The 1st person is a recount, a memory if you will of events. The 2nd person is in the form of a diary addressed directly to the stalker and it is recorded in bold text so its easy to switch between them. I have always enjoyed this style of writing but its not very often its done well.....but I can say that this writer has managed to perfectly convey a sense of realism by using this method. It makes the reader feel directly involved, almost from the bad guys point of view. I also liked the fact that it wasnt a true happy ending (in alot of ways, while still tying some of the ends up and giving resolution). Will be looking for other books from this author.

Redemption Mag Wheel BMX Bike - Neon Green/White, 20-inch
Redemption Mag Wheel BMX Bike - Neon Green/White, 20-inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bike !, 9 Jan. 2013
I ordered this bike for my 8 year old an for Christmas and it arrived within two days of order. The bike sat in the box in the cupboard for a few weeks before assembly but when it was opened I found it to be well packaged and the correct colour and model etc. When it came to assembly my husband did struggle with the front break assembly despite him having years of expertise assembling both his and our four children's bikes. the instructions were rather vague and the parts fiddly so this took almost an extra hour on top of normal assembly time. It was well worth it though, this bike looks fantastic and my son was absolutely thrilled with it. It seems sturdy, well made and was well worth the price tag. I would not hesitate in ordering another for my other son should he want one. Very happy indeed!

Sulcata and Leopard Tortoises (Complete Herp Care) (Complete Herp Care Series)
Sulcata and Leopard Tortoises (Complete Herp Care) (Complete Herp Care Series)
by E. J. Pirog

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, well worth the tiny price, 2 Feb. 2009
I recieved this book within a few weeks of it being released. All i can say is that its an excellent addition to any library. I keep leos and sulcs and have to say the information i gleaned from this book was quite amazing. I have been kepping them for a few years but was amazed that a book marketed at the amateur pet keeper contained so much information. It is all presented in an easy to read way and has clear sections and "points to note". This book is in no way patronising (VERY unusual in the tortoise world) and offers the reader a variety of information and allows them to make their own choices in husbandry. At no point did i feel i was being told i had to do it like this, or like that. A well written, eloquent, flowing book that neither preaches nor leaves the reader feeling lost. I look forward to reading the next addition to Mr Pirogs collection and hope it includes some of the rarer species that are kept in captivity.

Russian Tortoises (Complete Herp Care)
Russian Tortoises (Complete Herp Care)
by E. J. Pirog

5.0 out of 5 stars thinking outside the box., 15 Aug. 2008
I found this book to be an extrememly valuable addition to my already extensive,tortoise library. It gives another view to the "commonly accepted" ways to care for captive tortoises. It doesnt follow the sheep mentality and is a refreshing, informative text that encourages the new and established keeper to think outside the box. Its much more in keeping with the more modern european and american approach to herp keeping, as opposed to the outdated british method of keeping tortoises. Even though i have been keeping tortoises for years, i still learnt a few things from this book. Dont just believe the bad reviews, read it and judge for yourself!!