Profile for Amazon Addict > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AccuPower IQ328 Charger for AA/Mignon AAA/Micro Rechargeable Battery
AccuPower IQ328 Charger for AA/Mignon AAA/Micro Rechargeable Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Never knowingly overcharged, 25 April 2012
I like the simplicity of this charger in use -whack the batteries in, and off you go. The digital display is very clear and tells you exactly what is going on. On the other hand if you like all the technical feats this offers, then you can enjoy them too.

It feels solid and dependable, and works as fast as I need it to. There is enough flexibility in the software for it to do different things at once if you want it to -charge, discharge, test -but I really don't have the need for this. I just want to get my rechargeable batteries refilled.

I can find nothing negative to say about this -it is a gadget that can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. You are in control, and I like that.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Around a Galaxy not very far away...., 13 April 2012
I already own a PDair case for my Playbook and am so happy with it that I decided to go with PDair again for my new BB Bold 9900. I bought one for myself, one for my partner, and now this case for my daughter's Samsung Galaxy SII. We are all delighted with the new cases!

The manufacturer's description here on Amazon is succinct but accurate in its description of the features. It feels and smells lovely, exuding class. The stitching is neat and smart. Even the magnetic popper clicks into place with a satisfying "click" -like a quality car door on a small scale!

All buttons and ports are very easily accessed -there is no obstruction. The front cover easily folds behind the back so it
doesn't have to flap about when you're talking, or if you choose to put the phone (with case on) onto a car mobile phone holder (make sure you get one big enough -billed as for a PDA). The phone is very well held in the case by the side grips, and feels very secure. Yet it is easy to prise the case out if you need to.

My daughter's precious Galaxy is well protected. The front and back are slightly padded, and this design protects both faces but leaves the side trim visible. This has a nice look. The flip down opening (as opposed to the book-style opening of other versions of this case) is handy -it's easy to flip the catch open with a thumb and then hold the case open with one hand. The book-style case would not be so easy for one-handed operation. The case folds down to expose the camera -taking pics is very easy.

My daughter is unlikely to use the belt clip. On my BB case the same system is used and I found it bulky and not very secure in use. I prefer a purpose-built holster case and have gone for a separate product.

The supplier is responsive and helpful. I had a very swift response to a query by email.

These cases are very well worth the wait for delivery from Hong Kong.

Sanyo Eneloop HR-3UWX-8BP XX  Batteries AA / Mignon with 2450 mAh
Sanyo Eneloop HR-3UWX-8BP XX Batteries AA / Mignon with 2450 mAh

5.0 out of 5 stars Loop de loop!, 13 April 2012
These are the best rechargeables I have used in a long time. They are good from the start. It is lovely to be able to stick them straight into my digital camera without charging beforehand.

In use, they lasted ages. I don't take my camera out too often, but when I do it is put through its paces. The first four of these batteries lasted in my camera for 5 months before needing charging. I took around 400 shots in that time, with plenty of fiddling around, checking focus, and all the usual playing around and using the camera as a playback device on top of this -so they are good both for quantity of shots and longevity of stored charge. The second four still had a full head of charge after sitting in storage for 5 months in my camera bag.

These are superb batteries, and you won't go wrong with them.

Highly recommended,

BlackBerry 1230 mAh J-M1 Battery for 9900/9930
BlackBerry 1230 mAh J-M1 Battery for 9900/9930
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos

5.0 out of 5 stars The charge of the Bold Brigade, 12 April 2012
I needed a spare battery for my BB Bold for days away from home and work when charging may be difficult to achieve -so I bought this. The first thing to say is that on first use (after I had left it on charge for some 12 hours and only until it was completely charged up) it performed better than the battery that came with my Bold -and has continued to do so! It has at least 30 per cent charge left by the time I go to bed, when the other battery (now my spare) was needing a recharge before I left work.

I suspect this is partly a function of the battery being very well charged initially (though this doesn't appear to be a requirement for Li Ion batteries as far as I can tell) and also the way I now use my BB. However it does at least mean that at worst, this battery is a good replacement, and at best, it may be better than the original. It's odd to discover this, as I can't see any differences between this and the original battery.

There are other batteries out there that are the same size but purport to carry twice the charge. They also need some kind of code putting in via a gadget, and I have to say I was highly suspicious of them, even though i was very tempted to try a battery that claimed to have double the charge capacity of the standard Bold battery, for the same size (there are bigger ones but I didnt want a bigger battery). I decided I could live with changing my battery over and have been very happy with this battery since it arrived -and have not yet had to change it for the old one.

I bought the charger Flash Superstore Desktop Battery Charging Stand with Data Cable Suitable for Blackberry 9900 Bold, 9790 Bold, 9380 Curve, 9850 Torch and 9860 Torch ( JM-1 Battery Compatible ) which has done a good job and can act as a protective case once charging is done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charged with Battery, 12 April 2012
I decided to invest in a spare battery for my Bold for days away from home or work when charging may be awkward. Of course I then needed a charger -and this is one of a few very similar ones I have seen on Amazon, but at a very good price, and it does exactly the job it is designed for. The battery fits easily inside it and I have noticed no connection problems.

Once the battery is charged, this makes a nice protective case for it, and one that will stop it meeting metal objects and accidentally discharging. The USB cable is a handy inclusion, but I have used it with my existing BB Bold mains charger and it worked just fine.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bolder Holder, 12 April 2012
I use a PDair flip case for most days with my BB Bold but I like a holster case when I am on call and must not forget my phone anywhere, or when working in the garden at weekends. This is a lovely case, oozing quality. It is solidly constructed, and the swivel mechanism feels very firm and dependable. The belt clip neatly hooks round the underside of the belt, so feeling very securely attached. Unlike some holsters I have used, I have not had any problems with uncomfortable pressure from the inner surface of the clip against my waist. It is fairly snug and slim and to date I've had no problems with it catching on anything I am sitting next to or squeezing past.

The magnetic closure is very positive and does not feel like it could be easily caught and opened. The Bold sits firmly in the case and would not accidentally fall out even if the lid opened whilst it was upside down -a pretty unlikely scenario anyway. The propretary magnetic switch to put the Bold to sleep is reliable and very welcome. I was surprised to find how many competitors lacked this essential and useful feature -one factor that drew me to this case.

The leather is of good quality and is the real thing, not PU leather. It feels as though it will last a long time.

If you're looking for a good Bold holster then you are looking at it now.

AA

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus e-All-in-One Web Enabled Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Fax, Wireless, e-Print)

5.0 out of 5 stars Caxton eat your heart out, 30 Mar. 2012
This is a truly wonderful machine.

I had a predecessor model of the Officejet Pro and was very happy with it till something in the heart of the machine died, and scanning and faxing ceased to be options. Two things I really needed the machine for -so I sought a replacement. This big brother to my old machine has replaced it in style!

Set up is a cinch. The instructional disc was comprehensive and very easy to follow. In the meantime, following the idiot-proof quick start guide led me to set up the machine on switching it on. The touchscreen itself guides you through set up, and it's as easy as pie. The printer connects itself to the internet all on its own, once you've told it your router details, and everything is intuitive from there onwards.

There is no need at any time to connect this to a PC -set up can all be done wirelessly once you've introduced your wireless router and the printer. It all works very smoothly. But of course you can connect it to a master computer via USB if you want.

Once set up, using the machine is so easy. Printing works as standard, but double-sided is easy, as is double-sided copying if needed. The touch screen guides you through all its functions. It can even connect itself to the internet to update its own firmware and some handy and fun apps too. If my children were small I'd be using loads of the themed colouring in pages available. I haven't yet fully explored all of the apps -there are loads.

The jewel in the crown of technological achievement and convenience here is the fact that you can set up an email address for the printer. Then if the printer is on, and left connected to your wireless network, you can email it a document and it will print it, no matter where you are emailing from. I used my home laptop, my work PC and my Blackberry Bold to test this it -and it works flawlessly.

It's fast -easily fast enough for a domestic user or home office professional. The "XL" cartridges (as opposed to the tidgy mean ones supplied with the printer) are very economical and last for thousands of sheets. This is of course dependent on what you are printing and on what resolution you are using etc.

It is quite a big beast with a big footprint, so be prepared to clear a space some 50 x 40 cm for it, or 50 x 50 if you want to leave the paper carrier (the thingy that supports the printed pages) extended permanently (which I do).

I love this printer -it is excellent value here on Amazon. You get a lot of printer to the pound.

UPDATE JULY 2012

Four months down the line and I have nothing but praise for this machine which is performing perfectly. The remote print via email has proved completely invaluable on a couple of occasions, and the scanning and copying functions are swift and accurate.

I've replace a couple of the ink cartridges but it's not used an excessive amount of ink so far. I leave it switched on all the time so it doesn't go throught the head-cleaning routine each time it would otherwise be switched on -and this using a lot more ink. It has such good energy-saving functions that there seems little point in turning it off -and in any case the remote printing would then not work.

Still highly reommended.

BlackBerry Charging Pod for Bold 9900 - Black
BlackBerry Charging Pod for Bold 9900 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Charged with battery, 29 Mar. 2012
I kinda love and kinda hate this pod.

I love it because it's neat and small, because the dim green LED at the back hardly bothers me at lights out (unlike the bright white LED of the bold 9700 charging pod) and because it does the job -once the BB is nestled in it.

I hate it because I have to make very sure the BB is sitting square in it, or charging does not take place. It's easy to tell -as sleep mode doesn't come on if the BB is not connecting well (with the way I have my settings set). But it is a pain. I use mine by the bedside, and my BB is my alarm clock. One night last week when very sleepy I failed to double check that the BB was firmly and squarely seated -and it did not charge overnight. This might have been a minor disaster for my but I have a charger in the car and at work. If however I'd been a commuter off to the city, it might have been a complete pain in the proverbial.

So this is mostly good, and I think deserving of four stars. but it is not as good as its predecessor in catching and correctly seating a descending BB, so it has to lose one star.

OK gadget, useful, glad I have it. If you like a pod, then get it, but take care in its use to avoid charging failure disappointments.

Recommended at 4/5

Spear & Jackson - Elements Aerator
Spear & Jackson - Elements Aerator

5.0 out of 5 stars Aerobic aerator, 29 Mar. 2012
I have owned a more cheaply built version of this aerator -bought in a local garden centre- that only lasted two seasons before a tine snapped off. This one has only done one, but was far superior.

It's strongly built, and feels dependable. The tines are ended obliquely, like giant hypodermic needles. This means they cut into the turf much more easily than versions that have tines simply formed like cylinders.

My soil is mostly clay, and it's necessary to take a bamboo cane along and clear out the tines every now and again. If the soil is not too sticky, cores of soil from the previous plunging will be ejected the next time the aerator is forced into the soil. Otherwise be prepared simply to stop and poke out the cores every now and again. It best to do this when the ground is damp and soft, and March is an ideal month for this.

Using this tool is laborious, but very effective in helping the turf to aerate. It has had a magical effect on my lawn and my grass has improved no end since using this at the start of every year's growing season.

Gardman Peat Free Compost 60ltr
Gardman Peat Free Compost 60ltr
Offered by Ironmongery Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossibly expandable, 29 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Gardman Peat Free Compost 60ltr
I buy tons of stuff through Amazon -tons in every sense of the word. So I thought to myself "I wonder if I can get compost on Amazon?" I am fed up of lugging huge dirty wet bales of potting compost in and out of my car -so I found myself looking at this product. I am completely amazed by it!

One of these bales is small and light enough to pick up with one hand. Chuck it into a wheelbarrow with 30 litres of water, and a few hours (and a couple of mixings-up) later it has absorbed the water and the wheelbarrow is piled high with fresh, light, fibrous compost.

I have used two of these to lighten up the rather heavy soil in my greenhouse -and I hope to improve my pepper crop this year. The soil certainly has a lighter and airier structure with this mixed in. It's good to know that, being coir, there will be no weed seeds lurking within. It feels like a very clean product.

Patience is needed. The packet says it will expand "in minutes" and this certainly is not the case -it took hours to soak up the water. It needs a mix-up once or twice to get an even distribution of water in the compost, but that is no hardship.

Fantastic value too, compared with the cost of 60 l of heavy and difficult to handle compost from your average garden centre.

Very happy with this product

AA
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2012 8:03 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20