Profile for Trickle > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Kenwood HM320 3-Speed Hand Mixer - White
Kenwood HM320 3-Speed Hand Mixer - White

4.0 out of 5 stars It's an inexpensive whisk!, 6 Jun. 2011
I can't comment on the dough hooks as I've never used them, but this machine whisks things to within an inch if their lives. We've made cakes, muffins, pancakes, meringue and anything else you can think of - it's come out light and fluffy. It's not too expensive, if you want a working whisk this one works really well!

Purition Bodysculpt Wholefood Super-Shake Pistachio
Purition Bodysculpt Wholefood Super-Shake Pistachio

5.0 out of 5 stars Turbo Charged Shaving, 6 Jun. 2011
I have to admit when I bought this I assumed there was something wrong with it as it was much less than half price. I bought it for my husband who has exzema on his face and wet shaving was causing him a lot of irritation. This has worked really well, his face is no longer permanatly red and sore and has returned to looking like it is covered in skin and not scales. It's a really efficient shaver, doesn't take long to do it's job, though he has probably a medium thickness beard. It is really quiet, but that's not becasue it's running out of charge, it's just not very noisy - the charge lasts ages, enough for a week for my husband who shaves once a day.

Morphy Richards Oval Slow Cooker, 6.5 L - Silver
Morphy Richards Oval Slow Cooker, 6.5 L - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - why didn't I get one sooner!, 6 Jun. 2011
This is a brilliant piece of kitchen kit, I have no idea why I waited so long to buy one. this particular Morphy Richards is huge, but it's really good for making a large batch of food to be frozen, saving time and energy twice.
There are only two of us, but we have done beef brisket and a hand of pork to cut up and freeze and they are very cheap cuts but were mouth meltingly delicious. We've also cooked whole chickens to be turned into different meals and they come out so tender and succulent. We've also done one step one pot meals with hated vegetables that have come out tasting amazing - aubergene with sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and mince, I've never had such nice aubergene, it completly soaks up the tomatoe, garlic and onion flavours like a sponge and melts in your mouth. It's so easy bung in your food and leave it - though it can be better just to fry off onion and garlic before you put those in, unless you like boiled onion. If you are used to cooking though it's not a big step to add in and does make quite a difference to the meal.
We buy a seasonal veg box, and we've found that this book Slow Cooking Through the Seasons is a pefect match for anyone growing their own or buying from a box scheme. It's a really good introduction and has really nice recipies for all the quirky seasonal stuff you seem to end up with eating this way. It's also got some really nice traditional hearty food recipies and some nice light summery ones too.
If you are into seasonal cooking this is a perfect match - if not just get the cooker you'll wonder how you did without it.

Kahuna Ladies Watch KLS-0117L with Brown Dial and Brown Leather Strap
Kahuna Ladies Watch KLS-0117L with Brown Dial and Brown Leather Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Robust, 6 Jun. 2011
I love this watch, I bought it because I can't always remember to take off my watch before I go into water and this is waterproof. It's so distinctive and I like it so much that I always remember to take it off because I don't want to get the strap wet.
I thought the thin multiple straps might start to fall apart over time, but I've had this watch four months now and there are no real signs of wear and tear. The mulitcoloured print on the straps in even prettier close up too, and it hasn't started to fade yet so it seems to be very good quality.

Favole Kalenderbuch 2011
Favole Kalenderbuch 2011
by Victoria Frances

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful AND Practicle, 6 Jun. 2011
This diary is very beautiful, the pictures are fantastic. It's also really well laid out and easy to use. There is more than enough space to write out appointments and events and a good page note section for each month for anything longer. I love this little diary and I'm going to get another one next year - after all it's one of the few things I have to look at every single day of the year, so I want it to be both beautiful and practicle.

Tone Deaf Music Lever Action Chrome Guitar Capo
Tone Deaf Music Lever Action Chrome Guitar Capo
Offered by Tone Deaf Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Stage Cappo, 6 Jun. 2011
I bought this cappo for my husband, we are in a duo Spiderweb and Lace and wanted a cappo that would take a lot of knocks but be easy to take on and off quickly on stage.
We like the look of this one because it is so simple. It's just a leaver mechanism, no springs or fancy pieces to go wrong or to brake. It is solid metal and it's going to last a long long time.
We've used it on stage a couple of times and it's been really easy and quick. No more long gaps to fill in for me with patter between songs.
We're both really really pleased with it.

Dr Martens Women's 1460 QQ Flowers Boot Teal 11821450 6 UK
Dr Martens Women's 1460 QQ Flowers Boot Teal 11821450 6 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Groovy, but not as good as my last pair, 23 Jan. 2011
I love the colour and these are docs, but I buy them not only becasue I love them and they are comfy, but also becasue they are the only shoe with ankle support that fits some custom insole I have to have. All my old pairs made in the UK have been perfect - this pair made in Thailand has let me down a little, the uppers have not been cut as accuratly as I would expect from Dr Martens. This might not be a problem for most people but as my insoles push my foot up quite high it means that I am loosing circulation to my toes and they are very painful to wear - with a tight band of leather cutting into my foot - it's worse on one shoe than the other - but having looked inside it's down to bad cutting of the leather upper before they were sewn together. I don't really know what to do now, as this is the brand I've been reliant on for good shoes since I was 11. I don't want to have to take a knife to them, but I may have to - so beware new docs are not as well made as old ones, if in doubt buy from a shop not online.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2013 7:33 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Chearful - You'd never Know, 23 Jan. 2011
These are so worth the price paid it's unbelievable, smooth, sturdy and very adjustable. Taken them all over the place with DyslExiC KiD and they've already taken a bit of a battering and they're still going strong. Can't really ask any more of a boom mic stand and can't think of anything else that needs saying - buy one, buy six you won't regret it.

Kahuna KW06002G Mens digital black leather strap watch
Kahuna KW06002G Mens digital black leather strap watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looks, lacks on function, 23 Jan. 2011
Love the way this looks, love the way it feels, it's a real man's watch - chunky, black, lot's of buttons. Main downer is it reset's the time really easily, and I mean really easily. It's not a case of accidently catching it. Wake up in the middle of the night and press it at the wrong angle and it's reset and that's just one way, had it a month and it's reset itself a dozen times.

It's my husbands and we're going to keep it for stage - we're in a band and it shows off his forearm while he's playing lead very nicely. So it's great for posing in, but as for telling the time, he's going to have to get another watch!

Kahuna Black Leather Ladies Strap Watch KLS-0045L
Kahuna Black Leather Ladies Strap Watch KLS-0045L

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky for swimming, 23 Jan. 2011
I love this watch, it's the right mix of funky, girlie and practical. I like to be abel to time how long I'm in the pool for, and this watch is perfect for that. The face is quite big, but that helps underwater, and although I have freakishly small wrists this does just fit and looks nice.

Page: 1 | 2