Profile for S. Kent > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Foster Grant Reading Glasses  Le Carre Aluminium Silver Rimless Frame  +1.50
Foster Grant Reading Glasses Le Carre Aluminium Silver Rimless Frame +1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for, 21 Nov. 2015
I like these glasses and at £12 they are cheaper than I have seen on the high street. They came in minimal packaging but since I have a bunch of cases already that was a very good thing. No problems so far and I normally lose or sit on my glasses before they wear out so low price is important. No reason for me not to give them five stars.

The Friendly Swede Swim Goggles (2 Pack), Black and Clear
The Friendly Swede Swim Goggles (2 Pack), Black and Clear
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and pretty good vision., 21 Nov. 2015
Good value and pretty good vision. The first time I used them they were leaking tiny bit from the left goggle but once I changed the nose bridge to be a longer one (some different lengths were supplied along with each pair of goggles) they started to function as I had hoped. So to get two pairs of goggles for well under a tenner has to be a good offer for me. I have only used them for six swims so can't comment on how long they might last but the goggles do give me a decent view under water. I like the company name even if they may not be made in Sweden. The package it came in and presentation is excellent if you were thinking of these as a present, an attractive white box with each pair of goggles in its own functional clear storage case with The Friendly Swede logo on top. Different goggles might suit different people but these ones are fine for me. I hope they stay good value.

TP-LINK TD-W8970 Gigabit Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (300 Mbps, 2 USB Ports for Storage Sharing, Media/Print Server and Multi Accounts)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going well after one month of heavy use, 18 Jan. 2015
TP-Link TD-W8970 Gigabit Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections. TD-W8970 v1.2
At £34 this is worth a punt imho. I used to have the W8968 v1.1 which was very good but had problems after being left on a long time (possibly a heat issue which might be fixed in v3 of the hardware). Not had any issues with this one with 6 or more active wireless devices. Only had in on for one month and so far so good. It is nice to have a second USB port and Gigabit Ethernet ports but maybe not a third aerial. So far I still love it. Hope it stays that way.

ESYNiC Dual USB to SATA Serial ATA 15+7 22P Converter Adaptor Adapter Cable For Laptop Exteral 2.5" Hard Drive HDD SSD + Protective Case
Offered by eSynic

5.0 out of 5 stars eSynic® Dual USB to SATA Serial ATA 15+7 22P Converter Adaptor Adapter Cable For Laptop Exteral 2.5" Drive, 18 Jan. 2015
eSynic® Dual USB to SATA Serial ATA 15+7 22P Converter Adaptor Adapter Cable For Laptop Exteral 2.5" Hard Drive HDD SSD + Protective Case .
It arrived promptly, I used it to clone a couple of HDDs to SSDs. Job done. Check you have two spare USB ports.

TeckNet PURE 2.4G Wireless Mouse, 6 Buttons, 18 Month Battery Life, 3 Adjustable DPI Levels: 1600/1200/800dPi, Nano Receiver
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars These little grey mice are great and a good price, 17 Jan. 2015
These little grey mice are great and a good price. I now have two of these little chaps. When you put a battery in it lasts for ages. I have lots of old rechargeable AA batteries lying around and one of those works just fine.

Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5-inch 7-mm SSD Includes 9.5-mm Spacer - CT256MX100SSD1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade for old XP sp3 laptop once the cloning software was working as it should., 17 Jan. 2015
Crucial CT256MX100SSD1 256GB MX100 SATA 2.5 Inch 7mm SSD
Arrived quickly. I wanted it for a Dell Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP SP3.
I had issues with the Acronis 2014 Disk Clone software that you get as a download bundled with this SSD, the Dell Inspiron 1501 failed on re-boot while trying to load the Acronis 2014 software. I contacted Crucial for support and they were a bit slow off the mark, however they did then send me a copy of Acronis 2013 on a CD and that worked first time with no issues at all. In addition to the SSD I also purchased a USB to SATA cable (eSynic® Dual USB to SATA Serial ATA) to enable to clone to work, it takes 2 USB ports but since the laptop has 4 that was not a problem. Had I not hit the 2014 Acronis issue I would have said this was a very easy and worthwhile upgrade for a Dell 1501. It is faster and quieter post SSD install.
Still going well after 2 months, there is a firmware upgrade available "Release Date: 03/10/2015
Firmware for the MX100 (all form factors) is being updated from version MU01 to MU02." which I have applied.

Duronic TVB123M Heavy Duty Adjustable Wall Bracket for 33-60 inch Plasma/LCD/LED Screen - Black
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value. Be aware that it is designed to ..., 18 Oct. 2014
Arrived promptly. Well made, solid feeling. Great value. Be aware that it is designed to fix to a solid wall and you will need to drill some big holes (10mm) for the supplied fixings, approx 5cm deep. The instructions and diagrams are pretty rubbish but I figured out what I needed to do . You get 6 wall fixing bolts but there is no central set of holes on the back plate so maybe but the middle two on a diagonal. I used four wall fixings as my TV is only 12lbs and therefore much lighter than the 88lbs max figure. So if it drops off the wall it will be all my own fault. You can tilt the TV, but not easily if a big TV, once it is mounted, but I am more than happy to leave it in a fixed position. Now hung the back of my TV is 5cm from the wall

August DVB400 - HD Freeview Set Top Box - 1080p DVB-T Receiver and Multi Media Player with HDMI Out and Digital Coaxial Audio Out - USB PVR Style TV Recording
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 13 Jun. 2014
I purchased this just so I could have Freeview HD on an older TV which lacked this feature.
My unit works well, the whole interface, including remote, could be a lot slicker.
Once you are on your channel the picture is great and the sound good too.
Great value for money.
I have tried the EPG and recording HD content to a USB stick (SanDisk SDCZ52-032G-B35 32GB Cruzer Switch USB Flash Drive) and the recorded programs play back fine as you would hope.
Like others, I find the EPG and the general user interface annoying but I can get it to work given a bit of time and effort.
The EPG on the HD channels only shows the program times and not the program names and too often the EPG only shows the current and the next program. I found that you can use the EPG on the SD channel and then change the channel to the HD one before confirming. (e.g. 001 to 101 for BBC1) and that works OK.
In summary, a good little box, lacking a slick user interface and the EPG has various annoying shortcomings.
For the money, £30, it gets 4.75 stars from me.

Three Mobile Broadband Ready to Go 3GB Preloaded Data Standard SIM for 3G Tablets
Offered by You Want One

1.0 out of 5 stars £12 to £21 in 6 months, 1 Jan. 2014
£12 to £21 in 6 months

No longer any sort of value. Voting this down. Create a market and then bleed it dry is the big corporate way.

Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super Bright LED with New Chip Technology, Warm White 50w replacements

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and bright, 15 April 2013
I got six of these and they arrived today. They give a bright light and I am happy with these bulbs so far.
Time will tell how reliable they are.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3