Profile for William J. A. Hughes > Reviews

Content by William J. A. ...

William J. A. Hughes

Page: 1 | 2
Late night grande hotel (1991) [VINYL]
Late night grande hotel (1991) [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Nanci delivers the goods again!, 6 Mar. 2017
A truly great album from a truly great artist!!!

Bridal Wedding Prom Rose Flower & Ivory Pearl Cuff Bracelet Wrist Corsage (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Sept. 2016
Very pleased with the prom rose.

Stylish Heavy Duty Shock Proof Armour Dual Protection Case Cover with Built-in Kickstand for Apple iPhone 7
Offered by CASE COLLECTION LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Sept. 2016
Very pleased with my purchase. Everything and more.

Hollow Meadows [VINYL]
Hollow Meadows [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning masterpiece of songwriting, musicianship and production from the master., 18 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Hollow Meadows [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I recently purchased this album on vinyl and I'm so glad Idid as the production values on hollow meadows is so much more open than on other formats. Vinyl really is king! I cannot believe how brilliant this album is. A return to the style of Lady' Bridge and Truelove's Gutter this has to be album of the year.I am so annoyed that Cowell can peddle his "PRODUCT" to the masses and this guy gets so little exposure. Ionly discovered Richard Hawley by chance some years ago on Jools Hollands' excellent programme promoting Ladys' Bridge and have been hooked ever since. He isn't some 5 minute pop star but a real career in making music,there is the difference.Richards music is so different to anything else out there and in years to come he will im sure be mentioned with all the greats. Ithink his writing of music is so enveloping you are drawn in to his world and nothing else matters when listening. Mention must go "Heart of Oak". what a stunning piece of music,though all the other tracks world class too. Another 5 star album that to my mind blows the competition away.

Panasonic SC-BTT230EBS Smart Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Home Cinema System (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars superb panasonic system gets 5 stars from me., 11 Feb. 2015
I was looking for a 2.1 system for our bedroom, so I purchased this unit on the strength of customer reviews and Iam astounded as to the quality of the sound and picture. The subwoofer goes really low without losing any grip of the sountrack.the units speakers have wonderful clarity in soundtrack and music. You have to set-up and tweak,but its all worthwhile. Listen to gold on virgin radio and you will be amazed at the quality.Only bugbear is the apps take too long to load, but that aside nothing to complain about.One thing, some reviewers had sound and vision synch. problems but I have not seen any problems in this respect. All in all a fantastic buy for £219.the original selling price was near the £500 mark,so you are getting value for money.

Everybody is Everybody Else [VINYL]
Everybody is Everybody Else [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars he informed that i would love BJH. I put it on the back burner ..., 1 Oct. 2014
Iwas trying to go back to some of the classic music from the 70s as I AM SICK OF THE RUBBISH that constitutes music today(my opinion) and i remember a friend telling me about BJH as we we were both big Moody Blues fans. he informed that i would love BJH.I put it on the back burner but then watched some of their music on youtube and was completely knocked out. Icant emphasise how good they are/were. ithen started to aquire some of the albums and i have to say the music is superb and this particular album is now amongst my alltime top ten,its that good. Iwant it on vinyl now to play on my project debut carbon turntable.Iwont say they are better than the Moody Blues but are as good. the first 7 moody blues albums are alltime classics,bt some of bjh albums are wonderfully musical ie.this album,octoberon and time honoured ghosts are amongst the best of the 70s. go buy.you wont be disapointed.How i bypassed this band in my teens i dont know because i was aware of them as some of my college friends had their albums and i had actually listened to them but probably dismissed them as "poor mans moody blues". how wrong i was.suffice to say i am listening to them everywhere. in the car. in bed on the headphones"you hear all the music on the phones". on my b&o in the living room.Why has it taken me all these years to get them ? i dont know. i feel ashamed. I did the same with Jethro Tull a few weeks ago and now see how brilliant Ian Anderson was/is.Some say their record sales show they are the poor mans moody blues, but some factfinding turns up in excess of 20 million sales and a record audience of 200,000 for the berlin gig in 1980.

F6400 Full HD 40" 3D LED SmartTV with 200Hz & Freeview HD
F6400 Full HD 40" 3D LED SmartTV with 200Hz & Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars mind blowing 3d tv., 20 May 2014
I ordered this tv with some apprehension,as anybody would when purchasing over the net.But the service&delivery were so prompt it seemed the goods were on the doorstep in no time(one day),Icouldnt believe it. Out of the box the set looks superb and when set -up the picture and sound is startling(considering we only paid £442 for it). The features on the set leave you wondering how can they do it at this price! The 3d pictures leave you agast at the quality and the full hd pictures in 2d are also amazing. A bargain,though i will add theatre surround at a later date(2.1).The set is the bedroom as I have a 50 in hd tv and surround package in the bedroom,but after being spoilt with the 3d tv in the bedroom Iwill be looking to upgrade to 3d in the future.

Idlewild...Plus
Idlewild...Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime album of songs, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Idlewild...Plus (Audio CD)
I never tire of listening to this classic album. Every track is a gem. There is so much longing for a better world in these sogs and the mood draws you in to try and understand the viewpoint of the lyrics.This album is amongst my alltime top ten.I agree that you should never tamper with such afine piece of work as this,how can you improve upon perfection?

The Journey 1978 - 2009
The Journey 1978 - 2009
Offered by dancecrazie

5.0 out of 5 stars classic gold, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Journey 1978 - 2009 (Audio CD)
Like many others I have all the stuff on here elswhere, but this really is Fantastic music by anyone's standards.This man should be honoured by the brits for his outstanding contribution to world music.He has produced class music for over 33 yrs. Time to honour him.Get it done Brits now!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2012 12:46 PM GMT

Letters
Letters
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 1st offering from the best ever XFactor contestant, 27 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Letters (Audio CD)
Iwas really knocked out with Matt's 1st album.Although i will say it seems somewhat over produced at times,but that doesn't take away the quality of Matt's writing and guitar playing.Matt has to concede he wasn't in complete control of the production side of things, but this is still a quality release.My wife and I both thought Matt was superb throughout his X Factor weeks and I have bought this on the strength of his superb renditions of cover versions. I would like to have had a recorded version of "The first time ever I saw your face", which in my mind is one the most spine-tingling live perfomances ever.The set has some standout moments and Icongratulate Matt on a superb 1st album.I hope he has more clout on the production side of things next time. All in all, brilliant.

Page: 1 | 2