Profile for Derek Middlemass > Reviews

Content by Derek Middlemass

Derek Middlemass "Delboy555" (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Offered by LabelCreate

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 14 April 2017
I live alone. One of the things about living alone is that you find stuff in supermarkets is packed for families or if packed for individuals is almost the same price as the family pack. The way round this is to make a full sized shepherd's pie/lasagne/moussaka etc. and eat it over a number of days or freeze some portions. I, like many other people use the boxes that come with Chinese takeaways and used to write on them with a marker. Over a short time the marker would rub off or it wouldn't take in the first place. The solution? These labels. To quote another company they do exactly what they say on the tin. You write on the label in normal ball point pen lasagne 14/4/17 - job done. No more mystery boxes in the freezer and no more wondering how old they are. Simple but effective.144x Large (64x38mm) FREEZER GRADE Self Adhesive Stickers. "Contents: Date of freezing:" Free First Class UK Delivery.

Vansky® Mini Torch USB Rechargeable Flashlight, 900 Lumen CREE XPE2 R5 LED Pocket Torch Clip Mini Penlight, 1x Rechargeable Li-ion 18650 Battery included (Contained in)
Offered by Vansky Official

5.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light and there was light., 30 Mar. 2017
I wanted a small torch to keep in the car for emergency and other purposes and this one popped up as deal of the day. It is is superbly engineered, almost to the same standard as the stalwart Maglite. It charges up from a USB socket in no time with an indicator light to show charging progress. When it is switched on, the light emitted is astonishing and it can be focused to a curious rectangular shape of intense light. The single switch changes the intensity of the light and there is a strobe setting and even a setting that flashes SOS in Morse code. I'm not sure what the battery life is like but would imagine you would get some decent use out of a charge.

Pair of Chrome-Stem Height-Adjustable Arms for Computer Chairs and Operator Chairs (Office Chairs) [ARMS ONLY - CHAIR NOT INCLUDED]

5.0 out of 5 stars Rest Assured, 23 Mar. 2017
I have had a number of office/computer chairs over the years including a disastrous Eliza Tinsley monstrosity. The common failure is normally the gas strut but the latest not inexpensive chair I bought failed with the armrests snapping off at the base. I had one replaced by contacting the suppliers but this broke within a couple of weeks. It was quite apparent that they were not engineered properly and incapable of doing the job properly. I couldn't face contacting the suppliers yet again and getting yet another armrest that would fail and looked for other options. I saw these. They're not cheap but the base is made out of metal, decent metal. They fit in the same slots as the flimsy plastic ones and will easily out last the chair at which time I will transfer them to the next chair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting Edge Technology., 30 Nov. 2016
Victorinox Knife Sharpener
I have tried so many different knife sharpeners over the years. Some strip loads of metal from the knife, others seem to actually blunt the knife. Here is a sharpener made by the same people as the veritable Swiss Army knife. It's not cheap but as my dad used to say, you pay for what you get. This sharpener puts a superb edge on any decent knife which also seems to last. Well worth the extra money to get a sharpener that works.

Zombies Eat Brains Don't Worry You're Safe Funny Mens T-Shirt
Zombies Eat Brains Don't Worry You're Safe Funny Mens T-Shirt
Offered by Shop4yoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing for the Apocalypse, 30 Nov. 2016
I'm going on a cruise soon. What has this got to do with a t-shirt? Well, I was on a cruise last year and wore several funny t-shirts over a 10 day period. The passengers and crew would wonder what I would be wearing that day and were never disappointed. The cruise I'm going on is 15 days so I need more t-shirts and saw this one. Due to the current popularity of zombie films I thought it appropriate as some of the passenges do indeed look like the walking dead. The t-shirt itself is well made and fits my ample body well.

Microfibre Cleaning Cloths, 10 Pack in Blue, Super Soft Microfibre Dusters, Clay:Roberts Premium Fibre Cloths, Machine Washable, Antibacterial, Lint-Free, Microfiber Cloths Suitable for Homes, Kitchens, Cars, Motorbikes, Domestic, Industrial and Professional Cleaning.
Offered by Daily Buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Dust the job, 28 Sept. 2016
I needed something to give my pride and joy a decent coat of polish but had nothing really suitable to apply it with. I had used microfibre cloths before and decided to get some more. I saw these on Amazon for a very reasonable price and bought them. They arrived promptly and are excellent quality. I thoroughly recommend these dusters.

VonShef Silicone Whisk with Stainless Steel Handle - Set of 3 - Red
VonShef Silicone Whisk with Stainless Steel Handle - Set of 3 - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars whisking up a storm, 25 Jan. 2016
As most of my pans are non stick or shiny stainless steel I needed a whisk that wouldn't damage the Teflon® coating. I looked on trusty Amazon and here we have not one but three all with smart stainless steel handles. They seem to be well made and were reasonably priced. I am very pleased with them and so are my pans.

Victorinox swivel peeler.
Victorinox swivel peeler.
Offered by Saving domestic

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing quality but does the job it was designed for., 20 May 2015
I bought this as I have owned Victorinox Swiss Army knives and love the typical Swiss precision engineering that goes into them. This does the job well but I was appalled by the build quality. The handle is not solid and is hollow on the other side, almost as if there's something missing. As stated, it peels vegetables very well but lacks finesse.

Panasonic MC-UL710 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Panasonic MC-UL710 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a thing of beauty, 20 May 2015
Since I was granted my freedom over ten years ago I have been responsible for buying my own things and this includes mundane stuff such as vacuum cleaners. I made an error and bought a Hoover a few years ago and the build quality was horrendous and as for the noise it made. It was akin to the sound of a 747 taking off although to be fair the 2 Kw motor did its job well. I wanted something less formidable and was torn between this and the Zanussi equivalent. I decided to go the extra and got the Panasonic and am so pleased I did. Initially I thought the 1000w motor wouldn't be "man" enough for the job but it picks up dust and debris every bit as well as the 2 Kw Hoover that preceded it. It is so well put together and so so quiet. It is double jointed so manoeuvring it is a cinch. The filter doesn't seem to need cleaning after each use like the Hoover. I can't believe that I'm so enthusiastic about a vacuum cleaner but this is a thing of beauty.

BRAUN Wall Clock BNC006WHWH
BRAUN Wall Clock BNC006WHWH

4.0 out of 5 stars European specification, 7 Mar. 2015
I wanted wall clock to go in my bathroom and have always like Braun products so I went for this one..I noticed that other similar Braun clocks were selling for about £10 more. It wasn't until I inserted the battery to set it up that I realised why it was cheaper. It is Continental specification and uses the transmitter from Frankfurt rather than the transmitter from Anhorn, Cumbria. It is an hour ahead of the UK. You can alter the hands manually by using a button on the back of the clock but that defeats the object of having radio control doesn't it? The solution? Remove the battery and insert again after a minute or so and let it go to 12, 4 or 8 and remove the battery again. Take the minute hand off and then the hour hand. Put the hour hand back an hour and then replace the minute hand at the 12 position. Replace the battery and voilà.
Maybe the fact that it is European specification should have been mentioned but on the other hand is it worth paying £10 more for a UK spec. version?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5