Profile for joppajobby > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Live From The Royal Albert Hall
Live From The Royal Albert Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Joe, 10 May 2014
Another great live set from Joe Bonamassa, with guest appearances from Eric Clapton and Paul Jones. Superb material and brilliant musicians, what's not to like.

David Johansen & The Harry Smiths
David Johansen & The Harry Smiths

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I remember, 10 May 2014
Heard this album years ago, and seem to remember liking it. It was on sale on Amazon for just over £5,so I bought it. David's voice is not how I remembered it all those years ago, While the album is Ok, I can't imagine it will be getting played very often.

Live In Amsterdam
Live In Amsterdam

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe & Beth nail it, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Live In Amsterdam (Audio CD)
I've got and love 'Don't Explain', listened to 'Jigsaw', but thought it sounded a bit flat. On 'Live In Amsterdam', the previously slated tracks from 'Jigsaw' are transformed into vibrant soulful classics, while the already suberb material from 'Don't Explain' is taken to another level. If you are a fan of Joe's live performances, this set is a 'must have'. Beth's vocals throughout, as is Joe's guitar, are exceptional. A previous reviewer suggested, if you own the two studio albums, you don't need the live album. I could not disagree more. Live In Amsterdam is a great alternative to Don't Explain, and so superior to 'Jigsaw' you wonder if they were performed by the same artists.

Greatest Hits Collection
Greatest Hits Collection
Offered by The Music Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars It was for my daughter (honest), 8 May 2014
My (grown up) daughter lost her copy, and as she really likes it, she needed it replaced. It's Bananarama and It's their greatest hits

The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions
The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Howlin' at the moon, 3 Mar. 2014
I already have most of these tracks covered by other artists, so it was good to hear them being performed by Howlin Wolf, albeit with some of the fore mentioned musicians. The modern recording equipment helps bring the material more up to date, something the purists might take issue with, but it works just fine for me.

In Step
In Step

5.0 out of 5 stars Stevie at his rocking best, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: In Step (Audio CD)
I already had a fairly extensive selection of Stevie Ray's back catalogue, so when my friend got this from a charity shop I wasn't that fussed. Till I heard it. It starts at a blistering pace, and does not let up till track ten, (the last track on the normal edition), the very laid back Riviera Paradise. I ordered it on Amazon that same day, but went for the extended edition, which comes with an interview with SRV and four superb live tracks. If you like Stevie's music, and you don't already have this album, stop reading this and get it now.

Andrew James 2000W Stainless Steel Panini Sandwich Press - Also Can Be Used As A Griddle / Grill
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 4 Feb. 2014
I bought this as a requested present for my son. Between him and my grandson, they use it almost on a daily basis.

An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House
An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House

5.0 out of 5 stars Unplugged but undiminished, 3 Jan. 2014
If you like Joe Bonamassa you will love this. A cross section of his back catalogue given a new slant. The vocals and guitar playing as subtle and sublime as we have come to expect from a great performer. A perfect alternative to his Beacon Theatre or Royal Albert Hall sets, (both 5* albums), if you want to chill out to some quality blues.

Live At River Plate
Live At River Plate

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Live At River Plate (Audio CD)
AC/DC are one of those bands I listen to on the radio without owning any cd's. I really wanted a ' Best of ' and as the only studio best of is a rarity and only available on import I went for this. All my favorite stuff is on this album but the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Panasonic NN-K181MMBPQ 20 Litre Compact Microwave with Grill, Silver
Panasonic NN-K181MMBPQ 20 Litre Compact Microwave with Grill, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Microwave, 1 Sept. 2013
I bought this to replace my broken Panasonic microwave which was six years old. It is pretty much like for like and if I get another six years out of this one you will be reading the same review in six years time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4