Profile for ruth > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Reunion
The Reunion

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 13 Nov. 2016
This review is from: The Reunion (Kindle Edition)
Fabulous story, really stirring, gripping in all the right places. I'm glad I chose this, I wasn't familiar with the author but I will look out for her now. It's basically about love and the human condition, but there are more twists than I expected. Loved it.

Bossy Boots
Bossy Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 19 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Bossy Boots (Kindle Edition)
This is a good story for reading aloud at bedtime. It's sometimes hard to find a good book with chapters that is both exciting and can be read in one or two sittings. Most chapter books (in which the plot has time to develop) will take several evenings to read through, so this fills that gap nicely. The story is fast paced and thrilling. The illustrations are lovely.

The Fairy Princess's Crown
The Fairy Princess's Crown

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairy good, 24 May 2016
I don't usually get kindle books for my child but as we were going abroad I loaded 3 onto my ipad, 1 that we already knew and 2 new ones. The story is great, cleverly written with a little bit of nice, but not over the top, repetition. The true test of the book however is that my child kept asking for the story so I had to read it each night! It's probably the rhythm but also the sweet ending. If your child likes fairies he or she will love this story. I am knocking a star off because it's only available on kindle
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2016 5:05 PM BST

Gift and Award Bible-KJV: Authorized King James Version Gift and Award Bible (Bible Akjv)
by Thomas Nelson Publishers
Edition: Leather Bound

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm so disappointed. The text is so small and is ridiculous ..., 6 May 2016
I'm so disappointed. The text is so small and is ridiculous fantasy nonsense. The paper is so thin i can see the nonsense backwards from the other side.

Pew Bible-KJV-Large Print
Pew Bible-KJV-Large Print
by Zondervan

1.0 out of 5 stars Nope, 6 May 2016
I just can't believe a word of this book. One minute it's yeah, the next minute it's nah, you can be this, no just kidding, you can't be that. It's as if it has been made up by lots of different blokes telling you what to do, each with his own agenda, and has absolutely nothing to do with reality.
I was pretty sure i was the target audience, but it's hard to imagine who all these violent, sex-obsessed maniacs thought were going to believe it. Not in my house anyway.

Andy Cutting
Andy Cutting

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Andy Cutting (MP3 Download)
Lovely album from this talented musician, I was looking for a physical copy but failed to find one.

Displaypro A4 Clear Double Sided Acrylic Menu Desktop Counter Poster Holder Sign Display Stand - Free Shipping!
Offered by Displaypro

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job and we are happy with it, 22 Mar. 2016
It does the job and we are happy with it. Price seems to jump around on amazon so hunt around for the best deal.

Plugable USB 2.0 Wireless N 802.11n 150 Mbps Nano WiFi Network Adapter (Realtek RTL8188CUS Chipset) Plug & Play for Windows, Raspberry Pi and Pi2, Linux
Offered by Plugable Technologies

4.0 out of 5 stars better than the raspberry one which came in our Rasberry ..., 22 Mar. 2016
Works well, better than the raspberry one which came in our Rasberry pi 3 kit and not expensive.

ClimeMET CM4300 Dial Barometer
ClimeMET CM4300 Dial Barometer
Offered by The UK Weather Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy to read, 10 Oct. 2015
This review is from: ClimeMET CM4300 Dial Barometer
I did a fair amount of research and went with this model. It is an unfussy practical barometer for outdoor use. It is easy to read and easy to set (although it didn't have the small setting key it was easy enough to move this with finger tips). I chose this as it was a present for my child who is now getting very interested in meteorology, he is 6 and I wanted him to understand how different measurements are taken using instruments rather than simply read off a digital weather station display.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Every customer needs to read this, 11 Jun. 2014
This edition is much superior to the usual £6.31 version, which is frankly poor quality. I'm not in favour of book burning but we need to get rid of the previous edition for all our sakes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7