Profile for S. James > Reviews

Content by S. James

S. James "Riot Bananas" (ENGLAND)

Page: 1 | 2
Anker PowerCore 20100 - Ultra High Capacity Power Bank with one of the Most Powerful 4.8A Output, PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 7 /6s /SE, iPad and Samsung Galaxy S8 / S7 and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good charger. Solid build and simple design, 30 Mar. 2017
Very good charger. Solid build and simple design.

Took it to Boston for a week long trip and it charged my phone for the duration at least 5 times.

Only downside is how long it takes to charge.

Sony MDR-ZX110NA Overhead Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-ZX110NA Overhead Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Better to spend a bit more and get a better ..., 30 Mar. 2017
Very pricey for what they do. Better to spend a bit more and get a better set that has stronger noise cancelling.

I ended up with a pair of Audio Technica QuietPoints that I bought in the airport before my flight home. Preferable to these.

Anxiety as an Ally: How I Turned a Worried Mind into My Best Friend
Anxiety as an Ally: How I Turned a Worried Mind into My Best Friend
by Dan Ryckert

5.0 out of 5 stars An Ally Indeed, 20 Mar. 2015
I'd only heard of Dan Ryckert when I heard he was joining Giant Bomb but since then I've become a massive fan. His optimistic outlook has always countered my pessimistic one and it's a refreshing change.

Dan has always said "If you work hard enough you can do anything" and a lot of people attacked him for this attitude when he first joined GB. This book is a testament to that theory, Dan has clearly been through a lot with anxiety and come out on top.

I don't suffer from anxiety personally but my girlfriend does and Anxiety As An Ally has really helped me understand how she feels and get a huge insight into Dan's life.

The book remains very humble and Dan clearly has plenty of experience and knowledge on the subject matter and portrays it to the reader in a manner that doesn't brag or boast. Many people can make their mental issues into a competition to see who has it worse, Dan avoids this and at times even acknowledges that many people have it worse.

I highly recommend this book to anyone suffering anxiety or anyone who knows someone suffering anxiety, regardless of whether you know Dan or not. If you do know Dan then it's also a fantastic insight into a more serious side, one that we don't see so often.

Camping Frying pan
Camping Frying pan

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, perfect for festival use., 13 May 2012
This review is from: Camping Frying pan (Misc.)
This is my second purchase of this frying pan. I bought one for Nozstock music festival last year and just left it there because that's what these are perfect for.

Buy a cheapo pan, take it with you, grab some bacon/sausages from the on-site shops for breakfast and throw it away when you're done!

The pan is made of what feels like incredibly thin metal, the handle fits on as it should but it's not entirely stable but why does it matter for what is basically a fiver?

Logitech Gaming Keyboard G510
Logitech Gaming Keyboard G510

3.0 out of 5 stars It was great whilst it lasted., 13 May 2012
I bought my G510 in January and I have since had to replace it with a G110 because it just stopped working...

The G510 was a fantastic piece of kit, though the "Gamepanel" was a novel feature, I initially bought it for the media keys above the Numpad, the scrolling volume wheel and Play, Stop, Previous and Next buttons are all fantastic. The LED keys mean I can sit in the dark and not disturb anyone either.

As I said though, one day I noticed if I slightly moved the keyboard it turned off and rebooted itself, this caused serious issues in games and froze my PC up for a few key seconds too. It was already out of the returns policy with Amazon so my only option would have been to send it to Logitech for repair. Personally I found it easier just to buy the G110 and hope that due to it not having the Gamepanel it may survive a bit longer. It certainly has a noticeable difference in load time than the G510, by that I mean when the G510 received power from turning my PC on it took up to 20 seconds to become useable, the G110 is instant.

I would recommend the G110 over this model, it's cheaper and the Gamepanel, whilst a nice novelty certainly isn't essential or worth the extra money.

3 Stars.

Gelert CUT051, 2 Piece Mess Tins
Gelert CUT051, 2 Piece Mess Tins
Offered by Real Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for campers/festival goers., 13 May 2012
I bought a set of these last year for Nozstock, a small local music festival and did all my cooking in them and all my eating out of them, they were perfect and easy to clean. The handles stay cool and they fit inside eachother easily for storage, nice and lightweight too!

I just bought another 2 sets for Download 2012, they're inexpensive enough to leave behind if you can't be bothered to bring them home!

5 stars.

Sony PLAYSTATION 3 Console (80 GB Model)
Sony PLAYSTATION 3 Console (80 GB Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars The new ps3, (160gb soon, lmtd. edition), 2 Sept. 2008
Same as I wrote for the 40gb version, but with double the HDD

You could always wait and buy the limited edition 160gb version, but to be honest, what would you really do with all that space!

A brilliant console, worth the extra money!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2008 10:32 PM BST

Keysonic Compact Wireless Keyboard with Integrated Touch Pad (2.4Ghz Radio Frequency, Notebook Layout) UK Layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the ps3!, 20 Aug. 2008
This keyboard has experienced a price hike, it has up by more than £10 pounds since I bought it...

But anyway, although not Bluetooth this is a perfect keyboard to use with your ps3, it works straight away, no need to configure it, just plug in the little dongle and off you go.

It also works as you would expect it to with a PC.

But I am selling this to ps3 users, forget the overpriced Bluetooth keyboards and go for this.

It has keys that I call "Laptop" keys, they are nice and flat, and I think much more responsive. The touch pad works wonderfully, and has a little scroll section down the side for easy browsing.

It is small, sleeks, and compact. It also doesn't feel very cheap.

By the way, you may worry about it not having a power button...but it turns itself off after 5 minutes of no use. Perfect for the batteries!

I am actually using the keyboard right now through my ps3 to write this review.

buy one
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2008 1:07 PM BST

Warhawk - Game Only (PS3)
Warhawk - Game Only (PS3)
Offered by Boomedia

5.0 out of 5 stars WarHawk rules the skies of online play!, 20 Aug. 2008
Now before I start I would like to say that warhawk experienced many teething problems, but they have all been sorted.

Warhawk is possibly the best experience you can have with your ps3 online.

The game plays out very similar to Star Wars Battlefront, with two teams fighting over a series of maps and modes.

Game modes include:

Deathmatch-You all know what that is
Team Deathmatch- Ditto
Capture the flag- Self explanitory
Dogfight- Teams or solo fight only in the air
Zones- bases are captured and the "Zone" grows
Hero- One person on each team is the Hero, gets super damage etc
I apologise for forgetting the name of the last one, but its similar to capture the flag!

Games are still more than plentiful even though it is practically a year old...Although a warning; at first you will get totally pwned, everyone is pretty much a pro now...

Character customisation is vast in this game, you have two characters, one Chernovan, one Eucadian...(think Imperials and Rebels off Star Wars) and both are highly customisable, you unlock more things as you rank up...

You also have two "warhawks" one for eucadian and chernovan classes...both are the same power wise, just cosmetically different. These can boh have loads of different customised paint jobs, many made by the Warhawk community...

There are Two expansion packa]s released for the game so far, with a third on the way, the first features a night-time map, and a DROPSHIP (which hovers on energy balls, very matrix) the second featuring a sort of clone trooper tank from Star Wars, carrying soldiers around, it has a huge orb shield that surrounds it when deployed.

The third expansion pack yet to be released will (after many rumours) include a JETPACK, this made loads of 'Hawkers wet themselves...

on the 27th of August 08, warhawk will have an update (free) which will include,

56 trophies (YES! if you don't know what trophies are, this won't excite you)
Custom Soundtracks through the XMB
a few things fixed too.

This really is THE game to show xbox fans that moan about our online, its flawless, possibly the only game to have stable online play since Resistance.

Oh yeah, for all the n00bs buying this game abit late, there will also be an offline tutorial teaching you a few tips and tricks of WarHawk to help you get into the swing of thinks, three tutorials for three game strategies, Infantry, Vehicular, AIr combat.

A trophy will be earned upon completion of each tutorial.

Even at this late stage, the developers are still supporting their game, hats off to them...

I'm off to play it,

Who's in?

Family Guy - Blue Harvest [DVD]
Family Guy - Blue Harvest [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore those few idiots, 19 Aug. 2008
People that rated this to be 1 star are complete idiots, do not listen to those fools, they have either never seen Star Wars, or prefe South Park, (Because apparently South Park is full of mature, deep, humour?)

This spoof is absolutely brilliant and comes with plenty of laughs (once again, they are mainly star wars jokes, so if you haven't seen Episode 4, you better!)

My favourite has to be when Cleveland-D2 gets shot and he shouts "WHAT AM I? ARTOO-PAC?"

A very clever, very funny, very well written spoof of a Cult Classic.

Family Guy does it again.

Page: 1 | 2