Profile for Alex > Reviews

Alex

Vic Firth VF-N5AR Nova 5A Wood Tip Drum Sticks - Red
Vic Firth VF-N5AR Nova 5A Wood Tip Drum Sticks - Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Just for the NOVAlty, 7 Sept. 2013
I got literally less than an hours' use out of these sticks. The tip broke off one of them, so they are obviously not as well made as their more expensive brethren. Don't get me wrong; I've broken plenty of sticks in my time, but none anywhere near as quickly as these kicked the bucket. I also purchased an identical pair in black, but I have not used them yet as I was so angry with these. That said, I have not experienced the 'staining' that other purchasers seem to have done. Don't be taken in by the novelty of being red.

Memorex CB25 Green Headphone
Memorex CB25 Green Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value earphones., 28 July 2012
It took me a good ten minutes to open the packaging, which suggests to me that the seller really does care about the condition in which the customer receives the product. I tested them immediately, and they isolate outside noise very well. The sound quality is good, but not fantastic, and it has a peculiar sound to it that I can't quite put my finger on. Sorry I can't be more help! Overall, for the price you are paying they are very good earphones.

Virtual XI
Virtual XI

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by Blaze, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Virtual XI (Audio CD)
I own every Iron Maiden studio album other than The X Factor and, until now, Virtual XI. I have deliberately avoided these two, as they were released during the time that the usual singer, Bruce Dickinson, left the band to pursue a solo career. They replaced him with Wolfsbane singer Blaze Bayley, who is regarded by most IM fans as a sub-par vocalist. I was one of those fans until recently. I decided to give this a chance, and actually Blaze is fantastic. The only problem is that everyone keeps comparing him to Bruce. He is not Bruce, and if you compare Blaze to anyone else you will see his vocal style really fits with Iron Maiden. Even if you still don't like his voice, it's still got the rest of the Iron Maiden lads (minus Adrian Smith), so you can still tell it's them. We have a lot to thank Blaze for anyway; Bruce left the band and made some great albums himself, and if Blaze hadn't been so unpopular, we might never have got Mr Dickinson back! Overall, a great album until you compare it to other Iron Maiden albums. But who cares? It's still IM, and therefore still one of the greatest albums of all time.

Beechfield Army Cap - Olive
Beechfield Army Cap - Olive

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a buy, 11 July 2012
I have been searching for an 'Army cap' for some time, and so when I spotted this beautie for £2.89 it was difficult to resist. The colour in the picture is true to the actual product, and the strap on the back is adjustable to fit anyone's head. It was packaged very carefully so you can tell that the seller cares about the condition in which their customers receive their products.

Digitus Mouse Pad, 3 mm, black - mouse pads (3 mm, black, Black, 250 x 4 x 220 mm)
Offered by hashsonline

5.0 out of 5 stars What you see is what you get, 11 July 2012
Exactly what it says on the tin (No, it isn't packaged in a tin). A plain black mousepad which does its job as you would expect. It grips my wooden desk well enough, and seems to have improved the performance of my mouse, but then again, I was just using it on the wood. It's a mousemat; what more do you want me to say? Definitely worth a buy at £1.03.

Cheetah G908AD Maple Drum Sticks
Cheetah G908AD Maple Drum Sticks
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pleasant surprise, 11 July 2012
It is very difficult to get excited by two pieces of wood, but I found these drumsticks to be an absolute bargain. At £1.48 including delivery, I wasn't expecting them to be particularly good, and they were only meant to be a temporary solution for all my other sticks that I keep breaking. I thought they would either be huge and heavy, or thin and easily breakable, but they are in fact neither. Yes, they are larger than the average, but that's what 2B sticks are like. Despite their size, however, they are extremely light but somehow strong enough to easily withstand my thunderous thrashing. I have decided that they are my new favourite pair of sticks, and I have ten or so pairs, all of which were far more expensive than these, so that is really saying something. I have never heard of 'Cheetah' before, but I will definitely be purchasing more of their products.

TEEPEE ONLINE® DARK ELECTRIC BLUE ** UK EXCLUSIVE COLOUR** SILICONE SKIN CASE COVER for XBOX 360 CONTROLLER
Offered by PENCILUPNOSE

5.0 out of 5 stars What you see is what you get, 11 July 2012
The product arrived within a few days of my order, and is exactly what I expected. It does not obscure any of the buttons or analog sticks in any way, so you needn't worry about it affecting your game experience. It is very good for concealing marks and scratches on your controller and also grips your hands more easily, so you are less likely to drop it. The photo is true to the actual product, though what it doesn't show is that there is a gap on the back so you can easily access the battery compartment. Definitely worth a buy if your controller is in poor aesthetic condition or if you have possessive children who each want their own unique controller.

ZedLabz silicone cover for Microsoft Xbox 360 controller - protective skin rubber bumper case - green
Offered by ZedLabz Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars What you see is what you get, 11 July 2012

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 11 July 2012
I have been a huge fan of the Grand Theft Auto series ever since my dad bought me GTA3 way back in 2001. Since then, I have collected almost every game in the series, but this one in particular has eluded me all this time. As with all other GTA games, this game is timeless, and will never be bettered by any game of its type unless made by the same company. Definitely worth a buy if you like open-world action games, especially at this price, and I would recommend it to anyone over the age of 18, unless you are easily offended by strong language or violence, of which there is plenty. If you haven't already picked them up, the other games in the series are also worth buying, despite their age. The game arrived within a few days of my order and functions exactly as it should, with its packaging intact. It even contained the original manual and a map of the game world, which I have found is very rare to find in pre-owned games these days, so you can tell the previous owner was careful. If I find another bargain like this, I will definitely purchase goods from this seller again.