Profile for Rosie B > Reviews

Content by Rosie B

Rosie B "Rosie B" (Dublin, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Judas
Judas

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreary, 9 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Judas (Kindle Edition)
I could not believe the reviews I read about this book. I found it an utterly dreary read - the minutiae of household chores (how many times do we need to know that the dishes were washed and left to drain beside the sink?), and the equally tedious record of the protagonist's daily personal hygiene routine. The characters were one-dimensional, and the sub-narrative - rather than being interwoven with the main story - sat as an awkward and not very interesting appendage. The insights into Ben Gurion Israel were interesting, but one had to go through a lot of dross to reach these nuggets.

The Merton Collection: Merton College at 750
The Merton Collection: Merton College at 750

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking in feeling, 9 Dec. 2016
I found this CD technically excellent but very cold.

Vax S7 Total Home Master Multifunction Steam Mop
Vax S7 Total Home Master Multifunction Steam Mop

1.0 out of 5 stars The floor mop part is excellent. The handheld section is atrocious, 26 July 2016
I bought this appliance two months ago and had to bring it back within a month. I was given a replacement and had to bring this one back too. The floor mop part is excellent. The handheld section is atrocious, To begin with, you need powerful hands to detach it from the floor and stem units. Next, the grout accessory disintegrated after ten minutes' use. But these pale into significance beside the fact that the replacement stopped ejecting steam after two uses.All it produced was a loud humming noise. I had filled the tank with the correct amount of water so that was not the problem. I will never buy a Vax product again.

Canon MAXIFY MB2050 All-in-One Home Office Printer
Canon MAXIFY MB2050 All-in-One Home Office Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars No comparison with the Pixma, 22 Feb. 2016
Huge, clunky and difficult to use - the instruction manual is very poor and there is nothing intuitive about the product. My old Pixma served me wonderfully for years but this Maxify is a real disappointment. Also, forget aboout purchasing ink direct from Canon: I ordered my first cartridge replacement recently. It took a full week to arrive (I live in Ireland). I needed it urgently so, after two days had passed, I bought online from an Irish company (123.ie) which I always used for my Pixma cartridges and whose products are all original Canon cartridges. It was delivered next morning and, including delivery, it cost €3.50 LESS than buying it from Canon.

The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair
The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair
by Joël Dicker

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, 3 Nov. 2015
Risible plot, stilted dialogue, one dimensional characters. Impossible to suspend disbelief. Don't waste your time on it.

Kensington Presenter Expert Green Laser Wireless Presenter with Cursor Control, Joystick and Backlight Buttons - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this product!, 6 Sept. 2014
I purchased this product and unfortunately did not check it before leaving for an overseas meeting. Plugged in the USB and nothing happened. The only thing that worked was the laser light. Rebooted, changed batteries, tried again - nothing. I have had a Kensington clicker before - lost the USB section and as they don't sell this separately (poor customer service as I am sure this happens a lot) I had no option but to buy a new one. What a let-down. never again.

Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth In Car Speakerphone
Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth In Car Speakerphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin, 26 Mar. 2014
A no-frills handsfree that clips to your sun visor. I got it to replace a Parrot which had crashed completely - I didn't want the expense of a wired system and the Cruiser fits the bill. It's easy to forget to switch it off, and the on/off switch is not designed for big fingers but, having said that, the battery lasts a decent length of time. Well recommended for the price.

Almost English
Almost English
by Charlotte Mendelson

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Almost English (Hardcover)
I opened this book with high hopes, given the author's literary credentials and the fact that it's up for the Bailey (formerly Orange) awards. Oh dear! The characters were so thinly drawn and one-dimensional as to border on pastiche; the plot defied suspension of disbelief, being wholly incredible; the tone hardly varied - one cringe-making experiemce led to another and another and another. A singularly unsatisfying experience,

Pars vite et reviens tard
Pars vite et reviens tard
by Fred Vargas
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 26 Mar. 2014
I don't see what the fuss is about Fred Vargas. I found this book rambling and utterly unengaging. I am looking for a good French RomPol author but Ms Vargas ain't it!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2014 9:07 AM BST

Vax S2S-1 Hard Floor Pro Steam Cleaner, 1600 W
Vax S2S-1 Hard Floor Pro Steam Cleaner, 1600 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Product, 22 Aug. 2013
This is a fine product and I am generally very happy with it. There are two small glitches: the water tank can be difficult to remove if you have small hands; the pads get very raggy quite quickly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4