Profile for expat cantab > Reviews

Content by expat cantab

expat cantab (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
VTech Baby Discovery Activity Tree
VTech Baby Discovery Activity Tree
Offered by Payton Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Still amuses after months, 16 April 2014
I first saw this toy at a birthday party for a 1-year old and all the children were going for it.

My 14- month boy still loves it after several months of play. There is endless amusement to stuffing the coloured balls (and other things) into the tree holes. More than one child can also play with it at once as they can take turns.

Philips AVENT Natural Newborn Starter Set SCD290/01
Philips AVENT Natural Newborn Starter Set SCD290/01

1.0 out of 5 stars Holes mis-align, difficult to use, 16 April 2014
We hated the Natural system from the beginning. The bottles are very nice-looking and comfortable, but there seems to be a design flaw with the teat. In order for the air vent system to work, the holes must be exactly aligned with the ring. So you have to do this carefully when assembling the bottle after sterilizing. But the teat shifts because of changes in temperature between sterilizing, fridge, filing the bottle, and warming it (in an Avent warmer), so that by the time you get to feeding, the hole is mis-aligned. The only way to fix it was to manually remove the teat after warming the bottle and put it back, which was unhygenic and breaking the sterilization. Maybe we were doing something wrong, but all the diagrams show the holes aligned with the teat vent.

I considered giving the lot away, but we have kept the bottles for now in case we use them when our baby is older, and when we can find a spout for it (which I don't think Philips makes yet). The Avent classic worked immediately and has more compatibility - if it's not broken, don't fix it!!

The only good thing to come out of this package was the dummy - a really nice one which is difficult to find.

Zwilling J.A. Henckels AG 07013-210 Children's Cutlery Set Toys 3 Pieces
Zwilling J.A. Henckels AG 07013-210 Children's Cutlery Set Toys 3 Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, meant for 0-3 years, 16 April 2014
Great quality as expected from Henckels cutlery. As there is no photo in the listing, I wanted to add that the 'Toys' set (the name of the style) is meant for 0-3 years old, as on the side of the box.

Also keep in mind that, being silver, you should dry this every time you wash it. Not always easy to remember with kids' stuff!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2014 9:38 PM BST

Philips AVENT SCD271/00 Newborn Bottle Starter Set (Classic)
Philips AVENT SCD271/00 Newborn Bottle Starter Set (Classic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set & price, 22 July 2013
After trying out several brands, we decided to go for the Avent classic bottles because the venting system works well. The starter set is great value and instead of buying the bottles separately, I bought three starter sets. It was cheaper than buying 12 bottles in packs of 2 or 3. The price of the starter set can go as low as £7.99 so keep an eye on it if you can afford to wait.

Philips AVENT SCD290/00 Natural Newborn Starter Set
Philips AVENT SCD290/00 Natural Newborn Starter Set
Offered by Parisa Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Holes mis-align, difficult to use, 20 July 2013

MAM Style Soothers for 0 Months + with Sterilisable Travel Case (Blue)
MAM Style Soothers for 0 Months + with Sterilisable Travel Case (Blue)
Offered by shopkiya (Full Baby Product Range)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great soother, 20 July 2013
I really liked these dummies, and they were really comfortable and looked like a great fit for a while. The only downside was that once he was able to use them, he outgrew them by about 4 months because the curvature of the dummy means that the edging was pressing into his face. I don't know if we're meant then to use 6m+ dummies, as MAM doesn't make ones in between. I didn't have this problem with the Avent dummies as they were much more flat.

Booginhead PaciGrip Pacifier Holder - Saucy Stripe Blue
Booginhead PaciGrip Pacifier Holder - Saucy Stripe Blue
Offered by The Baby Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-purpose chain, 20 July 2013
Great quality and very practical. We use this not only for dummies but for teething rings as well, as our baby does not always need to go out with a dummy. I think we will order another one!

Sigikid Picci Polini Musical Mouse
Sigikid Picci Polini Musical Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Mozart's Lullaby Tune, 20 July 2013
This mouse came with the Mozart's Lullaby music box (at least mine did). The listing does not specify so I was hoping for another one as my son already has a Sigikid musical bear also with Mozart's Lullaby. Oh well! I took a chance on it.

4 stars for the description, which could be improved.

Philips AVENT SCF142/00 Trainer Handles - Fits All Classic Avent Bottles only (Colours may vary)
Offered by ML ITC DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Pink and Blue, 20 July 2013
My first order of these I receive 2 x pink handles. I didn't mind as I have people to give them to or could keep using them, but wanted to try my luck for some blue ones or orange and green. My second pack was 2 x blue ones. Just FYI - no orange and green in sight yet!

As a product they are great, though!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nursery Night Light Set
Nursery Night Light Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty set, replacement slightly dodgy too., 20 July 2013
The first set we ordered had a faulty safety light - it rattled and didn't work. In the replacement set, the main light needs a bit of a fiddle at the mains to get it to work. We can't be bothered to send the second set back too as the postage costs more than the credit received from Amazon. Once it works its quite nice though.

Page: 1 | 2