Profile for like it > Reviews

like it

Rolson 61007 Telescopic Window Cleaner
Rolson 61007 Telescopic Window Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars and is easy to use, 31 July 2016
This does the job at cleaning the upstairs outside windows, as a previous mop had broken. It saves money on window cleaners, and is easy to use. If I didn't have a telescopic window cleaner the upstairs windows would just stay dirty.

Feeling Good Together: The secret to making troubled relationships work
Feeling Good Together: The secret to making troubled relationships work

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like the bit about dealing with a 'bragger', 25 Mar. 2015
When we experience conflict with someone we have a tendency to think "it's all his/her fault" and that they are being unreasonable. This book helps us to get past that feeling and to really empathise with where your critic is coming from. This can take practise. There are case studies to work through of lots of different relationship situatioms where you can put the communication techniques into action, and then compare your version with their version. It then suggests imagining real life conflicts you could experience, or have in the past and how you would deal with it, using the 'five secrets of effective communication'. I really like the bit about dealing with a 'bragger'. I'm enjoying the book, which I bought on kindle, and am still working through it. It's helping me in real life.

Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS Slim Portable External USB 2.0 DVDRW - Black
Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS Slim Portable External USB 2.0 DVDRW - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars This has solved the problem and is really easy to use, 1 Dec. 2014
I bought this because the dvd drive in my laptop wouldn't play some dvd's. This has solved the problem and is really easy to use. You just connect it to the laptop, with the connecting cable provided, then put the dvd in. You can't go wrong.

Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy
Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling Good. The new mood therapy., 15 Jan. 2013
I'm really pleased with this book, which I've had on kindle. The section on 'distorted thinking' is just what I needed, as I didn't realise how much my distorted thoughts were affecting my mood. I'm only 25% of the way through, but I'm also finding a lot of the case studies helpful where you can actually relate to them. A section on 'fairness', where fairness doesn't exist has also helped me, because when we see a situation as unfair it can be the cause of anger. The points and exercises in the book relate to the fact that people can't make you angry only the way you think.

Amazon e-Reader USB Charger for Amazon eReaders, UK
Amazon e-Reader USB Charger for Amazon eReaders, UK

4.0 out of 5 stars power adapter, 10 July 2012
I'm glad I bought the amazon kindle adapter, because I wanted the right equipment for the job. When using the kindle it will warn you when the battery is getting low. As I tend to read mainly in bed, I can just plug it in, and still read at the same time as I have a socket close by.

10 Minute Solution - Fitness Ball Workouts [DVD] [2006]
10 Minute Solution - Fitness Ball Workouts [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Andrea Ambandos

4.0 out of 5 stars love gym ball, 17 April 2012
I own a gym ball, but didn't know many exercises to do with it, so this dvd was ideal. The ten minute slots are convenient, totalling up to five workouts, but you can select only one to do if you wish. On busy days even doing one ten minute slot makes it feel like you've had a good workout.

New, Round Beads White Door String Curtain Panel
New, Round Beads White Door String Curtain Panel

5.0 out of 5 stars retro dangly curtain, 1 April 2010
I got this flower curtain because I haven't got a door going from the hall to the kitchen. The dangly pieces are about 3" apart, and there are 10 dangly pieces. It's light and was easy to put up using a couple of nails over the inside of the door. There are 2 sliding adjustable rings along the top strip so that you can place nails or hooks where it's convenient. I am pleased with it and it brightens the place up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2010 3:38 PM BST

Lion Brand Yarn: Just Scarves: Just Scarves - Favourite Patterns to Knit and Crochet
by Edited by Nancy J. Thomas and Adina Klein

4.0 out of 5 stars I love scarves, 29 Nov. 2009
The scarves in this book are rated as easy, intermediate or experienced. Some are knit and some crochet. As well as scarves, the book includes a shawl and a cabled collar, as well as a small selection of men's scarves. I particularly like the 'vintage vine' crochet scarf, which I've nearly finished and I'm only a beginner at crochet.
It's an American book but you can easily substitute different yarns. Lots of good quality colour photos. This book has given me inspiration and I would recommend it.

Collage Discovery Workshop, Beyond the Unexpected: New Techniques Using Color, Personal Imagery and Creative Surfaces
by Claudine Hellmuth

4.0 out of 5 stars Collage fun, 30 July 2008
This is a bright colourful inspiring book with lots of clearly explained techniques. The author likes to use photograph faces in her collages but even if an artist chooses not to use that idea they can still benefit from the techniques and incorporate their own style. Lots of colourful photographs and the examples are't just restricted to just paper, cigar boxes, altered books and canvas are also used in some of the examples.

It is an American book so the glue that is advised is probably not available in the UK but I'm sure it would be possible to get something similar.

Doodle Stitching: Fresh and Fun Embroidery for Beginners
Doodle Stitching: Fresh and Fun Embroidery for Beginners
by Aimee Ray

5.0 out of 5 stars Like to stitch, 30 July 2008
This book is a refreshing change from traditional embroidery books. It's modern and inspiring. Ideal for beginners. It concentrates on about 18 basic stitches to create a range of designs. No counting or measuring. Lot's of clear and bright photographs and only minimum equipment required. I can't wait to get started.