Profile for Ms. T. Vincent > Reviews

Content by Ms. T. Vincent

Ms. T. Vincent "marshmallow penguin" (wales, uk)

Draw the Looney Tunes: The Warner Bros. Character Manual
Draw the Looney Tunes: The Warner Bros. Character Manual
by Warner Bros Consumer Products (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic insight into character deign, 23 Jan. 2007
this book is amazing. At first I thought i was going to be getting a childrens basic..'how to draw bugs'..kind of book but it is so much more than that. It a literal hard copy of the character bibles given to new animators at warners studios.

It has helped me no end with my own work in university when designing characters as I can apply each lesson used by the old masters to my own work. Doing construction sheets, the secret to great turn arounds and just generally beautiful images to inspire all animators and character designers.

Everyone from my life drawing teacher to CG animators have recommended it to me and Im definatly going to bug all my friends in my animation class until they get a copy!!

Makin' Toons: Inside the Most Popular Animated TV Shows & Movies
Makin' Toons: Inside the Most Popular Animated TV Shows & Movies
by Allan Neuwirth

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT....truthful and really intersting, 3 Dec. 2005
I have a huge collection of animation books and didn't think this one would be that interesting but i couldn't be further from the truth!
Its full of loads of crazy anecdotes and stories from loads of different cartoons and films. The writers enthusiasum for animation really rbs off on you and its finally an honest approch to getting into the animation industry and covers ever part of the industry from marketing, sound, acting, animating and colourists!!!!! I love it..... 10/10

21st Century Goddess: The Modern Girl's Guide To The Universe
21st Century Goddess: The Modern Girl's Guide To The Universe
by Anthea Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect holiday material, 11 May 2004
I recently bought this book and although its not my usual taste i couldn't put it down. Every chapter has a new useful and interesting look at a WIDE variety of subjects. Its a combination of cosmopolitan magazine (only longer which is great!)and sex and the city.
Great ideas, advice and still finds time to be funny.
10/10

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another Amazing Book to J.K Rowlings Growing List!, 27 Jun. 2003
It seems that the world's Potter addiction carrys on growing and who can blame it when you read such wonderful stories such as her latest tale "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."
After recieving the book I couldn't put it down and after two days I had finished.
Its an addictive read with as many twists and lovable characters as the rest.
I would recomend this tale to anyone, people of all ages. It seems that J.K Rowling can't put a foot wrong and i'm sure I speak for all Harry Potter fans when I say that this newest chapter of Harry's life has made me more addicted than the rest.
It gives a lot of important background story to Harry's life and I can say it is true what you read in the papers...One of readers favourite characters does die, but to which one it is you will have to wait and see!
You will love this book and by the end I would be very suprised if you weren't wishing you could play quiddich and guessing which house the sorting hat would put you into.
A 'must read'!