Profile for Rich > Reviews

Content by Rich

Rich (Richmond, Surrey United Kingdom)

Asics GT-2000 4 LITE-SHOW PLASMAGUARD Running Shoe - SS17 - 8
Asics GT-2000 4 LITE-SHOW PLASMAGUARD Running Shoe - SS17 - 8
Offered by mikesport-de

5.0 out of 5 stars like the last, 29 May 2017
This is my second pair of Asics and these, like the last, have been amazingly comfortable from the first run.

They were delivered really quickly too.

Roland CS-10EM
Roland CS-10EM
Offered by PARAISO Japan eu

5.0 out of 5 stars Great audio quality, simple to work with., 12 April 2015
This review is from: Roland CS-10EM (Electronics)
I have been using these for a few 'atmosphere' recordings and they are brilliant. They are a little sensative to wind when used without the wind shields but I have made a number of recordings whilst walking through different environments and the quality is superb.

I have been using them with a Zoom H4n recorder.

An example recording I've made can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/audiojourneys/las-vegas-walk

Multisize Cake Pan 30x10cm Aluminium Storage Heavy Duty Baking Commercial
Multisize Cake Pan 30x10cm Aluminium Storage Heavy Duty Baking Commercial
Offered by etailz UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I like cakes, 20 Jun. 2013
I like cakes and this makes cakes so what's not to like!?

Actually it's the wife that makes cakes but this certainly helps shape them and it stores flat so we don't need to dedicate an entire pan drawer to it.

Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, should have got the paper version, 20 Jun. 2013
This guide to Photoshop is up to Martin Evenings usual standards. I've bought a number of his books before and all are well thumbed guides to Adobe's tools.

For reasons of speed, and partially curiosity, I downloaded this version on Kindle and now regret that. It is less readable and littered with typographic and linguistic errors.

My advice: buy the book, but avoid the Kindle version.

Hard Candy Cases Bubble Sleeve Case for Apple iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2 , White, (BSL-IPAD-WHI)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Rugged Transit Case, 30 July 2012
I have a 'The New iPad' with an Apple Smart Cover. The smart cover is great for protecting it around the home and office but not so good for protecting it on the cycle to and from the office. Bouncing around in my pannier with a laptop, camera, phones, damp towel etc. wasn't doing my iPad any favours so I bought this item as a rugged transport case.

I'd never use the iPad in this case as it lacks that kind of elegance but for transit protection it is great. The iPad fits easily and securely even with the smart cover on. It is held in place with 4 rubber bumpers and the rigid bubble shell can take a good kicking whilst keeping the internal cargo safe and sound.

My Bubble Case has already picked up a good collection of scuffs and scratches but it has kept my iPad happy and pristine. If I ever completely wreck this one, and that'll take some doing, I'll be happy to buy another.

NETGEAR DG834GUK DG834G 54Mbps Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Firewall Router with 4-port 10/100 Switch
Offered by megang375

4.0 out of 5 stars Performs well with latest firmware, 29 Mar. 2004
This router works very well and if you don't want to get into the technicalities of setting up a network it is simply plug and play.
I started with firmware version 1.02 which demonstrated considerable wireless connection problems. However and upgrade to version 1.03 has cured all the problems. The upgrade should not be done however using a wireless connection and the guide to upgrading implies that once the firmware has been written the router will reboot. This was not the case and after half an hour of it just sitting there I rebooted it myself. Basically once all the lights have finished flashing madly it's cooked.
Despite these issues I'd certainly recommend this router, as it does a lot for the money and is very easy to set up and maintain.
Support from Netgear is poor however. Expect poor line quality with calls routed abroad to 'support staff' who may not speak very good english, and may not understand your problem.