Profile for Mr. J. Barraclough > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Barraclough

Mr. J. Barraclough "ceebs7" (Yorkshire)

Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon
Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical early Quo, 5 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon (Audio CD)
I'll hold my hands up from the start, I prefer early Quo. It just sounds better. The songs sound fresh, they sound like they're enjoying playing it, and they've still got that Psychadelic thang going on from the Matchstick Men days.

After buying Hello, and Piledriver, it made sense to buy this album. There was no review available for it on here, but I like some of the 60's flower pop, and the rocking of the afore mentioned Piledriver. So this had to blend the two, surely? And it does. It really is a brilliant album.

It has the classic Juniors Wailing, and Need Your Love, which most Quo fans will recognise. But then its got hidden classics like Shy Fly, April Spring Summer and Wednesdays, and Is It Really Me. The Album rocks from beginning to end, but not in the 12 bar blue style we are now all a customed to. It really is a mix of styles and taste's, theres even some Bongos on the album, im sure. But one things sure it never stops rocking.

Even the 10+ bonus tracks are good. You sometimes get a real mixed bag of rubbish with bonus tracks, but here, they are all good. Theres even the original BBC Radio intro's.

I really recommend this album, its classy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2009 5:56 PM GMT

All Right Now
All Right Now
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars far exceeded my expectations, 7 Jan. 2005
This review is from: All Right Now (Audio CD)
I used to sing in a covers band, and all right now was one of the guitarists favourites, unfortunately everyone else hated it, so i fell out with Free. But i saw Rodgers on uk music hall of fame, and now ive got money in my pocket i thought id buy one of their albums, to see what they were like, and wow was i impressed. I love rock blues stuff, Cream, Hendrix, Taste, and Free are now definately up there with my favourites they are amazing. If you are interested in rock blues this is absolutely one to get, i am so impressed with it.

Live in Boston Vol.3: Remastered
Live in Boston Vol.3: Remastered

5.0 out of 5 stars quality album...dodgy sound, 1 Dec. 2004
I have recently bought all three live in Boston albums, still havent recieved the first two, and i can safely say that this is an amazing album. The sound quality on a few of the recordings are a bit dodgy but the overall feel is very good. If you have listened to early live Mac stuff this is definately an improvement, both with the music in the gig, and the power of performance, "Tiger" being the stand out track for me, as a guitarist, it is great fun to listen to and to play. I believe any fan of the British blues scene will love it.