Profile for T Jade > Reviews

Sucker Punch [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Emily Browning
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic surprise!, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sucker Punch [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
This movie received mainly negative reviews from critics upon its release, but I honestly can't understand why?! It was gripping from start to finish! It was stylish, dark, gritty, strange, action-packed, sexy and all round amazing. I won't go into the story too much but it had a few good twists and turns, unlike a lot of movies there is very good sense of character representation and you feel yourself really warming to the girls. The graphics and effects seem extremely high budget, the soundtrack is very unique and well suited. Emily browning does an excellent job acting as Baby doll, you'll love this movie if you enjoyed 300, the butterfly effect etc but incase you haven't seen or heard of them, buy it anyway!!

Hitman - Extreme Edition [2007] [DVD]
Hitman - Extreme Edition [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Timothy Olyphant
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars A review from a Hitman fan, 9 Dec. 2013
To cut a long story short, I've given this movie 3 stars because if it was being rated just for being an action movie, it was pretty good. However, this movie happened to be based on one of my all time favourite video games, I used to play them as a kid on the PC and have in recent years played them on xbox etc so I had high expectations for this movie. Within the fist 2 or 3 minutes I already had an inkling I would be disappointed, the actor playing as agent 47 just didn't cut it for me, straight away I noticed he wasn't no where near dark and gritty enough, infact he seemed way too fresh faced, his voice wasn't very deep and even his walk just didn't seem broad enough. It may not seem like a big deal but as a Hitman fan I feel they could of found a much better suited actor. The second thing that really bugged me was how agent 47 seemed to just mow down everyone in his path, now correct me if I'm wrong but in all Hitman games Is it not one of the main aims to kill as less people as possible and use stealth to avoid detection, cause distractions etc... I even found myself shouting at the tv on one occasion, where he was ontop of a lift, he opened the door on top and went out of his way to slaughter a group of officers travelling in the lift, he then jumped down and didn't even steal one of the disguises?! This may all seem picky and stupid but I really don't feel the movie reflected the game whatsoever, but as far as generic, unmemorable action movies go it wasn't terrible to watch, but it's definitely one of them films you'll watch, put aside, then never watch again.

Borderlands Double Game Add-On Pack: The Zombie Island of Dr Ned & Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot (Xbox 360)
Offered by Click For Games UK

4.0 out of 5 stars great!!, 7 Sept. 2013
I'm a huge fan of borderlands, so upon completion of the first game I was determined to get all achievments which can only be done by purchasing all DLCs. The disc itself was a quick, easy way to install two out of four DLCs. The game, is exactly what you'd expect and want from a borderlands game, great guns, great characters, plus it's funny and humerous. These two DLCs each introduce a new story and new environments so you really do get your money's worth. The zombie island of dr ned was fantastic, a really good plot and the zombies made it feel like a whole new borderlands game, all in all each DLC gives about 4-5 hours gameplay depending on whether you want to speed through it or not. A definite buy for anyone who has and enjoyed the first borderlands

The Osbournes - The Second Series [DVD] [2002]
The Osbournes - The Second Series [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Ozzy Osbourne
Offered by BornPig

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 7 July 2013
Just as funny, if not more so than the first series, the whole family is just fantastic, every episode had me in stitches! I won't go into details but I will say that it is well worth the money for timeless laughs, I will watch this over and over for years to come and still be satisfied! Only minor problem is with the box set I brought, season 2.5 didn't work?! But as season 2 was so good I didn't hesitate to just order a separate copy of season 2.5, am still giving 5 stars for the product though! Buy it!!

Jack Osbourne - Adrenaline Junkie Series 1 [DVD]
Jack Osbourne - Adrenaline Junkie Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Osbourne
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 7 July 2013
Having always been an osbourne fan, I thought I'd give this a watch too and I must say I am very pleased I did! It was typical jack osbourne, funny and sarcastic, but it was great watching his journey through each episode and the end very nearly made me shed a tear! Really really good series, a must for any osbourne fan!