Profile for Mr. R. Laight > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Laight

Mr. R. Laight "Une-Box" (UK)

CamSmart® Professional Shoulder Support Rig Shoulder Mount Movie Kit for DSLR and Camcorde (RIG SET I)
Offered by CamSmart

4.0 out of 5 stars (Video review) - Great piece of kit for the money., 18 April 2013
A quick review of the product. I made this video because I would have appreciated something similar at the time of purchase.

I can't post the link on amazon reviews, however, if you search on youtube 'camsmart dslr rig amazon' it should be the top video :-) (by Rob Laight)

A great little rig for the price. I couldn't find an alternative in the UK around the same price.

Make sure you buy the one off amazon that is shipped from United Kingdom or else you will have to pay a bollocks customs charge :-)

It lost a star considering the parts are obviously cheaply made, but for a independent filmmaker or video producer, it's perfect.

Any questions let me know kids.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2013 4:57 PM GMT

2.8X LCD View Finder Viewer Extender V3 for Canon EOS 60D, 600D.
2.8X LCD View Finder Viewer Extender V3 for Canon EOS 60D, 600D.
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the money, 4 Oct. 2011
I purchased this product mainly just to block sunlight reflection on my screen while filming in summer. It works perfectly for that and the magnetic attachment is sturdier than I thought it would be which was a big plus. Great product if your on a budget.

Professional Camera Pan Head for Photo/Video Tripods
Professional Camera Pan Head for Photo/Video Tripods
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for a cheap product, 18 Sept. 2011
This tripod head is great. I was super surprised at how sturdy it is. I was expecting a cheapo plastic tripod head but its actually really weighty and has great smooth movement. I am using it for my igus camera slider I made and it does the job perfectly. It even has a level on the top. Don't let the cheap price put you off. Its fully worth the money if you just need a tripod head.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2011 10:15 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Camera Slider, 15 Sept. 2011
Length:: 1:17 Mins

Hey guys. I ordered this rack instead of the w10-60 and the w10-40 because it is the widest rack and I thought it would be the most appropriate for my camera.

All I did was drill a hole in the carriage and a hole either end of the rail. I then attached my camera to the carriage and two tripods to either end of the rail. It couldn't have been simpler. All you need to buy is some 6mm screws that fit in the bottom of your camera.

I'm glad I purchased the W10-80 instead of the w10-60 (which is more popular for sliders) because it is slightly more robust and it weirdly cost less than the w10-60 which is strange because its a larger size.

I previously used a DIY slider that I made out of some old drawer rails. The Igus system is far far superior to my homemade version and I recommend buying it. The smoother your shots look... the more professional your footage looks.

Hope this helps. Rob.

Defunkt + & Thermonuclear Sweat+ (2 Cd)
Defunkt + & Thermonuclear Sweat+ (2 Cd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best funk band ever, 4 Sept. 2007
AVOID THE FUNK!
HEY FELLOW FUNKERS. IF YOU LIKE FUNK IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FOR THEN YOU MUST LISTEN TO DEFUNKT. JOE BOWIE IS A MENTALIST. HIS FAST RASPING TROMBONE OVER KIM CLARKE'S QUICK FUNKY SLAP BASS RIFFS MAKE DEFUNKT THE BEST BAND YOU WILL EVER HEAR.
BRILLIANTLY CATCHY HARMONIES AND RIFFS. WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

A MUST HAVE FOR ANY BASSISTS AND FUNK LOVERS.

War Party
War Party

5.0 out of 5 stars Good metal album, 7 Jun. 2007
This review is from: War Party (Audio CD)
This album is brilliant.

Me being a metal fan , i normally listen to heavier stuff but this album is relatively heavy in parts.

Bring back the bomb is a brutal opening track. In the opening verse he says how he wants to burn naked babies alive.

Decay of grandeur has a very brutal riff in it.

This album has elements of thrash, battle metal and death metal. Some sections are very progressive around the solos but alot of the riffs are technically brilliant.

It reminds me of Mastodon in places.

Buy it!

Apple iPod 30GB Video/Black (5th Generation)
Apple iPod 30GB Video/Black (5th Generation)

4.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT MP3 PLAYER, 7 Mar. 2007
i have had this ipod for a few wees now and it is proving to be an awesome little mobile media base.

i cant stand using itunes so i use a program called 'xplay' it allows you to put music and video on your ipod by dragging and dropping it on. its so much easier than converting files into itunes.

you need to get a case for it so go to amazon and search for ipod case then arrange the search so it brings up the lowest priced ipod cases first. you can then buy one for a cheap price.

get this mp3 player, get a case, and if you have windows, get xplay. it makes life so easy.

Nothing: +DVD
Nothing: +DVD
Offered by marvelio-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars masterpiece, 1 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Nothing: +DVD (Audio CD)
this album is hands down a masterpiece. The power of this album is enough to blow any metal fan away. If you already own the original nothing album, then i would not recommend getting this version for the music as it is very similar. The distortion is alot meatier and some of the tracks are slowed down slightly but it is not that different from the original.

The dvd however is great to watch. Its brilliant to see the rational gaze video in good quality and 'In Death Is Death' is phonominal.

A must have for any hardcore meshuggah fan or anyone with an interest in original metal rather than all the similar metal thats going around today.

Zen of Screaming [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Zen of Screaming [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by M and N Media US

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what is says on the tin., 9 Feb. 2007
This dvd is called the zen of 'screaming' and it doesnt teach you how to scream. in fact, half way through the dvd one of mellissa's students says 'the rest is a secret. go and see melissa to learn the good stuff'.

if you can already scream well and want to improve your singing and correct note hitting then its worth getting, but like me and many others, this dvd is not what we need. we need a good metal vocal training dvd! is there one out there...?