Profile for Peter E. McGovern > Reviews

Content by Peter E. McGovern

Peter E. McGovern "Cavanman" (Dublin, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Your cats will love it!, 30 Mar. 2015
The item arrived on Friday last and I assembled it at the weekend. Although the instructions were a bit scant in detail, it's not rocket science and I had the whole thing assembled (after swapping over a couple of screws that I shouldn't have used in certain places) in less than an hour.
It's perfect for the cats and as long as they're happy, then it's money well spent :-)

PowerPlanet NB-4L Canon High Capacity Compatible 2 Year Warranty Camera Battery for Canon IXUS 30, 40, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80 IS, 82, 100 IS, 110 IS, 115 HS, 117 HS, 120 IS, 130, 220 HS, 230 HS, 255 HS, i7, i Zoom, Wireless

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Power!!!!!!, 30 Mar. 2015
It's a battery for a camera. It was reasonably priced, arrived when it was due and it does what it is supposed to...........can't say fairer than that!

VonHaus 32-65" Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket with Ultra Slim Design for LED, LCD, 3D, Curved, Plasma, Flat Screen Televisions - Super Strong 35kg Weight Capacity
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 30 Mar. 2015
Bought this some time ago, but only got around to installing it yesterday. The hardest part was actually putting the frame together (the screws/nuts are quite small and tricky to tighten).
This morning, the TV was still attached to the wall..............so it works!!!!
The product came with instruction in German only, however, when the supplier found this out, he immediately sent me a copy of the instruction in English, which I hadn't even asked for (I only mentioned it in passing on the Seller feedback). That's what I call Customer Service :-)

Amazon Kindle Fire HD Standing Origami Case (3rd Generation - 2013 release), Mineral Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 24 Mar. 2014
I had previously purchased a case (which turned out to me for the older version of the Kindle Fire - my bad!). So I treated myself to this. Though a little pricey, I figured I was worth it. It is quite sturdy and adds a bit if weight to the device, but not that much. The magnets on the cover allow for it to be held in place when closed (or open fully) and with the 'bendable' cover it is also simple to adapt the cover into a stand for hands-free viewing.
Like I said, a tad pricey, but worth it if you want a good quality cover. There are cheaper alternatives out there, but make sure you're purchasing the correct case for the device you have.

Samsung M3 500GB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 500GB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect gift........, 24 Mar. 2014
for a sister who takes too many photos and hates deleting them. It was perfect for her to store photos, videos that she took at various festivals, events, etc.

Guinness World Records Jellybean Challenge
Guinness World Records Jellybean Challenge

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-purpose (well, 2) purchase, 24 Mar. 2014
I actually bought this as a birthday gift, so cannot review the actual product. What I can say is that it arrived in good time, in good condition and (when I had a peek inside) seemed to contain everything that was listed. I'm sure it will bring hours of entertainment to any party and if you're not into that, then you could always just eat the jellybeans!!!! :-)

Guinness World Records Chopstick Challenge
Guinness World Records Chopstick Challenge

5.0 out of 5 stars It arrived........, 24 Mar. 2014
I actually bought this as a birthday gift, so cannot review the actual product. What I can say is that it arrived in good time, in good condition and (when I had a peek inside) seemed to contain everything that was listed. I'm sure it will entertaining during any get together.

Guinness World Records Party Challenge Playset
Guinness World Records Party Challenge Playset
Offered by The Savings Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars How can you go wrong?, 24 Mar. 2014
I actually bought this as a birthday gift, so cannot review the actual product. What I can say is that it arrived in good time, in good condition and (when I had a peek inside) seemed to contain everything that was listed. I'm sure it will bring hours of entertainment to any party.

Fringe - The Complete Series 1-5 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Fringe - The Complete Series 1-5 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Anna Torv

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gift, 7 Feb. 2014
Bought this as a gift, but did watch the show when it originally aired.
What can I say, except for fantastic show. Well written, great characters and storylines/story arcs.
If you like/liked "The X-Files" or other similar shows, then I would recommend giving this show a try........you won't be disappointed.

Vicious - Series 1 [DVD]
Vicious - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian McKellen

5.0 out of 5 stars Caught the show on TV, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Vicious - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Although I bought this as a gift, I did catch the show on tv when it was broadcast. I found it a little mildly amusing for the first episode or two, but once I got familiar with the characters I thought it was very funny and looked forward to seeing it each week.
The snide and bitchy comments from the characters are very well delivered by the fantastically talented Sir Ian McKellan and Sir Derek Jacobi (or should that be "Dame"?)
Roll on Series 2 :-)